PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mankins: Pats’ O-Linemen Have ‘Rude Awakening’ In Store From Scarnecchia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhodey

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
“Those young guys have a rude awakening coming,” Mankins told Mark Daniels of The Providence Journal. “They have never had anyone like him. They better be in shape, because he’s going to test you.”

Former Patriots left tackle Matt Light said the same thing: “Those young guys, they have no idea what they’re in for. They’re going to figure it out real quick.”

Link: Mankins: Pats' O-Linemen Have 'Rude Awakening' In Store From Scarnecchia

Interesting question: did Scarnecchia not scout any of the young'uns (Stork, Andrews, Fleming, Mason, Jackson)?

If Cannon is here to stay, somebody better wake him up!

What's wrong with Cannon?

images

Interesting question: did Scarnecchia not scout any of the young'uns (Stork, Andrews, Fleming, Mason, Jackson)?

My understanding was that Scar scouted and gave his blessing on ALL of the O-line the Pats drafted in the last 2 years..

I'm not at all worried about OT's for 2016. We have Solder, Vollmer and Scar's chosen backup: Cannon. We also have Waddle. We will likely add a developmental OT through the draft.

I'm OK with Stork as part of our OL.
============
THE ISSUE IS AT OG (one of whom needs to be backup center)

Many here thank that we brought in the future last year in Mason, Jackson and Andrews. Perhaps yes, and perhaps no. None of them showed much, certainly not that they were solid NFL starter material.

In any case, if healthy, we should be better than last year. We've added Cooper. I see at least one more veteran for camp.

I'm not at all worried about OT's for 2016. We have Solder, Vollmer and Scar's chosen backup: Cannon. We also have Waddle. We will likely add a developmental OT through the draft.

Given the injury/play history of both Solder and Vollmer, Vollmer's health in particular, how can you be "not at all worried" about the OT spot?

Good to hear, I'm not so sure they need to draft any linemen aside maybe a prospect OT. I think the pieces are all there, they just need the coaching.

Given the injury/play history of both Solder and Vollmer, Vollmer's health in particular, how can you be "not at all worried" about the OT spot?

You can choose to worry about any roster spot that you wish. At OT, we have two solid starters, and two OK backups. We have much less at some other positions (e.g RB, CB. We need a developmental OT.

The team does prepare for the possibility that Vollmer will not be available. We have had a veteran backup for years.

You can choose to worry about any roster spot that you wish. At OT, we have two solid starters, and two OK backups. We have much less at some other positions (e.g RB, CB. We need a developmental OT.

The team does prepare for the possibility that Vollmer will not be available. We have had a veteran backup for years.

None of that answers my question.

You can't worry about injuries because someone falling on Vollmer's ankle and breaking it isn't something you can coach.

It is useless to worry about players being re-injured if the team has adequate backups.

So your claim then has to boil down to the notion that you have zero questions about the adequacy of Cannon and/or Waddle stepping in for Solder and/or Vollmer.

Interesting, to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back