PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler Says Super Bowl Benching Documentary/Book Coming

We will never get a confirmation from the Patriots on why he was held out. So this book is essentially hearsay and nothing but a curiosity. Now if he reveals that he did something incredibly stupid and it was his fault....then I would be inclined to believe him.
No one seems to get the joke here.

It’s only hearsay if it has a negative tilt toward the team. If it exonerates the team, it’s ironclad truth.
I think like @Ghost of Ben Dreith said, if he tells the whole story and admits some guilt, then it makes sense. I still think the entire game was excessive, but that's while not knowing the entire story. If there was a physical altercation against a coach, as some rumors out there said, it makes sense. If it's less than that - and Butler apparently downplayed the severity of it on his radio appearance today, which seems to rule that out - that will obviously be disappointing.

We will never get a confirmation from the Patriots on why he was held out. So this book is essentially hearsay and nothing but a curiosity. Now if he reveals that he did something incredibly stupid and it was his fault....then I would be inclined to believe him.

If it's the narrative I want, he's credible. If he says anything bad about Bill, he's a liar.

I can't imagine the reason would take more than a few sentences to explain at most. But I guess he managed to stretch it into a full book and a show.

Something like: "I was kind of injured, but then I also broke curfew the night before out at a bar. So they benched me, and I would've played poorly anyways. Wish I behaved differently. And the coaches were dumbly strict about it."

The end.
Or the real reason:

Lil Steve: Malcolm go practice w/ STs.
MB: Why? I've taken 98% of snaps on Defense and 0% on ST.
Lil Steve: just do what you're told.
MB: listen you're not ST coach or CB coach. I don't work for you.
Lil Steve: if you don't do what I'm telling you I'm going to tell da.. Coach.
MB: Lol, go ahead.

Lil Steve:
steve-belichick-tongue.gif

MB: The **** wrong with yo face. :rofl: :rofl:

The rest is history.

Looking forward to reading it. Figured if Butler had a grudge against BB or a problem with the team because of what happened he wouldn't have showed up to made a comeback attempt last July.

Also looking forward to the GOAT's book where he gives his side of the story about deflategate. I hope he pulls no punches and embarrasses and exposes the league.

Definitely curious to potentially finally hear what happened, if he's actually willing to truly tell everybody what the full story is.
a6Fi7B5.jpg

I feel like if Butler reveals anything that’s enough to paint the team in a bad light, something will leak. Still sort of crazy that “secret” has lasted this long.
As time has passed, most of us have adopted the Bill Eff'd Up point of view on it, regardless of how much IBWT went on back then. I know I was staunchly in the IBWT camp, knowing that Butler's play had deteriorated for whatever reason and he was not the shut down corner he was prior. Now, time has gone by and we look at it with the advantage of hindsight, knowing that the guy probably could have made one stop and they would have won the game. I am interested in seeing what the guy has to say. I don't see how he can say anything that'll make the coaching staff look good.

Or the real reason:

Lil Steve: Malcolm go practice w/ STs.
MB: Why? I've taken 98% of snaps on Defense and 0% on ST.
Lil Steve: just do what you're told.
MB: listen you're not ST coach or CB coach. I don't work for you.
Lil Steve: if you don't do what I'm telling you I'm going to tell da.. Coach.
MB: Lol, go ahead.

Lil Steve:

MB: The **** wrong with yo face. :rofl: :rofl:

The rest is history.

Lil Steve: Malcolm, go practice with special teams.

MB: Yes, sir. I'm glad to do whatever the team asks of me, even if it requires sacrificing my own personal ambitions.

Lil Steve: Make sure to grab me a Gatorade first.

MB: Yes, sir. What kind of Gatorade do you prefer to drink?

Lil Steve: You mean which kind?

MB: I'm sorry, sir. Both are interrogative pronouns. I've learned my lesson.

Lil Steve: We'll see about that.

As time has passed, most of us have adopted the Bill Eff'd Up point of view on it, regardless of how much IBWT went on back then. I know I was staunchly in the IBWT camp, knowing that Butler's play had deteriorated for whatever reason and he was not the shut down corner he was prior. Now, time has gone by and we look at it with the advantage of hindsight, knowing that the guy probably could have made one stop and they would have won the game. I am interested in seeing what the guy has to say. I don't see how he can say anything that'll make the coaching staff look good.
Yup. That's all it would have taken. One maybe two stops on 3rd down that Jordan Richards and the rest of the goof troop out there couldn't make. I have a hard time believing Butler couldn't have done that.

1675969712655.png
Did I say something funny @MAC10 ?

Spoiler:

I heard that he somehow got Bill's Netflix password. Bill realized that something was amiss when all of his recommendations were rom coms. Butler deserved to be benched IMHO.

I'd say from here out, we should only be posting bogus reasons for the benching.

I will roll with: He got Linda drunk at a team function and banged her.

Reactions: sb1

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back