PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know what happened, so 64 pages of speculation seems a bit over the top.

So...

I'm not familiar with Boston names, so I dunno how credible this is. Dunno if anyone else has already posted this.

Umm, err, wow...seriously, butler does not want to even be there and people are blaming bb for butler’s actions????

What planet am i on?

Where did butler rank this year for cbs in the nfl? He wasn’t going to be a savior.

He's our second best corner. Bademosi, Richards and Rowe ain't cutting it! You don't start those guys over butler!

We don't know what happened, so 64 pages of speculation seems a bit over the top.

Put a 3 in front of that and we got how many days it's gonna take to put this narrative to rest so buckle up for more than 64 pages of speculation.

And Ty Law and Brandon Browner and even Charlie Weis and Troy Brown on the postgame last night.

This decision makes no sense no matter how you slice it. Unless he committed a felony, there's no excuse for keeping him on the bench during the Super Bowl while your defense crumbles. None.

Are they aware of the possible facts of what he was doing all week? Thought his “flu” cleared up pretty quick.

Umm, err, wow...seriously, butler does not want to even be there and people are blaming bb for butler’s actions????

What planet am i on?
If this were true, it doesn’t make sense he’d be a last minute benching. Would have been inactive.

What planet am i on?

It's speculation even if so i still feel you play the guy. He was gonna be a goner.

He's our second best corner. Bademosi, Richards and Rowe ain't cutting it! You don't start those guys over butler!

Bademosi played well earlier in the year, and if it as he who was talking out torrey smith before chung’s concussion, then he was certainly doing a number on him.

Bademosi had offensive play? As if our starting cbs have never missed an open field tackle? Wow...holding their feet to the fire for scapegoat opps are we?

Lol.

So, brady has held our franchise hostage then? You people who buy into the media slinging diarrhea at the wall, always seem to look like fools in the end.

I don't know where I said Brady was holding the team hostage.

If Butler had made that one tackle on third down that Bedemosi whiffed, even if nothing else differently or better, we likely would have won the game.

For thise saying why would he pkay himmin special teams, butler played 1 snap in special teams. for all we know that was a mistake because they neglected to tell him he was off that unit as well.

Glad we have some random Twitter account's unsourced claims as evidence now.

Sounds a little too detailed to not be true. He was benched just because bb is a big meanie?

The crying on the sidelines makes me question his mental commitment, too. I think he was thinking he was a saint, but when it didn’t happen, he lost it. I think bb asked peyton to do that so butler would see he is not worth 12 mil per and a 2nd rd pick.

And Ty Law and Brandon Browner and even Charlie Weis and Troy Brown on the postgame last night.

This decision makes no sense no matter how you slice it. Unless he committed a felony, there's no excuse for keeping him on the bench during the Super Bowl while your defense crumbles. None.

The only way it makes sense is if you subscribe to everything BB is about. Commitment to the team. Commitment to yourself to improve. Commitment to winning. Those are uncompromising tenants of his program. I'm sure he believes that if he allows an accommodation regardless of the magnitude of the game, there will be a cracking of the foundation so to speak.

Did you see the “vaunted” philly d? Hint: offensive era. Offense wins championships. Where was our red zone offense in the first half again?

Anyone with half a brain knows our offense is built to be great, certainly more so than the d. Again, offense wins championships. It is the way the league is trending.

Where was burkhead?

Thanks for hitting the nail on the head. The Eagles had supposedly ferocious pass rush and were an elite overall unit, and they were shut down by a Patriots offensive line which everyone expected to break immediately. The Eagles had allowed something like 8 ppg in the postseason coming into the game. It is way more surprising that the Eagles, not the Patriots (who everyone knows has major deficiencies) had so many gigantic defensive breakdowns and missed assignments. I literally cannot recall a game where Brady could easily throw 20-30 yard passes at will. If the Eagles had lost, their board would rightfully be in worse meltdown mode regarding their defense. I have been railing about Josh McDaniels' red zone decisions all season, so I'm not surprised but am very disappointed.

You don’t win championships by not having standards, principles and rules.

You act like you want to win more than belichick and you are more invested in it than him and he let you down because he Durant care as much as you.
Is that really what you want to portray?
His defense got torched in the secondary and they had their second best CB on the sideline crying because he just found out moments before the game that he wouldn't be playing. Meanwhile another CB found out right after the national anthem that he was starting.

So much for standards, principles, and rules. Even if you believe 100% in your heart that Belichick thought Butler not being out there before the game gave them a better chance to win... they were getting destroyed, why not give him a series and see if he's better?

I know you think Belichick can't do anything wrong, but this game hurt his legacy

If this were true, it doesn’t make sense he’d be a last minute benching. Would have been inactive.
They may have needed him active in the event of injuries.

If Butler had made that one tackle on third down that Bedemosi whiffed, even if nothing else differently or better, we likely would have won the game.

Do you know how many times i have seen butler whiff this year? It is not 2015,

This was the 2017 season. Live in the present. Too many things clearly tilted away from justifying using the guy, skill set and match ups alone. Whoever took out torrey smith, did butler’s would be assignment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes