PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Butler had weed, if he missed curfew, whatever, it's the goddamn Super Bowl.

You bench him for a series, a quarter at most, but not the whole game. He's literally gone and not your problem anymore after four quarters of play.

Watching your defense sink like the Titanic after an iceberg hit, and purposely keeping everyone onboard as the ship submerges is totally inexcusable.

Belichick cost this team a championship. There's literally no other explanation worth a damn that will convince me otherwise.

Hilarious. The anti-bb media invites you on board the good ship trolly pop.

Last edited:
Hilarious. The anti-bb media invites you on board the good ship trolly pop.

What's hilarious about losing a title while keeping a potential game changer glued to the bench?

Belichick is the greatest coach of all time. That's not debatable.

But you're a goddamn fool if you think he's infallible of criticism. And he deserves every bit of it for his Butler decision in this Super Bowl.

After 60+ pages and hours of discussion, I think what it comes down to is this:

Bill Belichick has team rules. For example: If you fight in practice, you go home. If you are late to practice, you go home.

I don't know what rule Butler broke, but I think Belichick has a rule that if you do XYZ, you don't play - and Butler did XYZ. (EDIT: Or maybe it was a case where Belichick said to Butler "you are down to your last chance, if you do XYZ again, you don't play").

Belichick's team rules are a hill he is willing to die on.

possibly but i dont remember any instnaces where butler got reprimanded - get sent home because of late practice, a benching (besides last night), etc.

I’m angry that butler sold out the team just to spite B.B. in a fit of ego and rage about contract money.

He threw the game just to spite kraft
So your saying MB did something that got him benched on purpose?

Is this the same zolak who gushes over brady like a 12 year old boy on live radio, and then ignores slow starts from brady in every super bowl in his career?

All we needed was one red zone td in the first half. Just 1.

Plenty of blame to go around.

Defense was atrocious. Over 600 yards of total offense and they lose. Butler would have helped the cause.

If you remember correctly, Tom Brady Sr. said "when it ends, it will end badly." This is the first day after the Super Bowl loss. Patricia is out. I don't take much stock in High's liking some instagram post. He's a young guy, frustrated they lost, like all of us. But there's a whole lot of fallout to happen as a result of this loss. It's not going to be like 2011. This is just the beginning.

Lol.

So, brady has held our franchise hostage then? You people who buy into the media slinging diarrhea at the wall, always seem to look like fools in the end.

Sounds like it to me. Sounds like he was also possibly faking the flu once he realized he may not be starting, cleaned out his locker before his solo flight out there and got word of final benching before kick off.

Who gets the flu, then is quarantined, only to be concerned about cleaning out a locker before the sb is played?

Et Tu Malcolm?

Defense was atrocious. Over 600 yards of total offense and they lose. Butler would have helped the cause.

Did you see the “vaunted” philly d? Hint: offensive era. Offense wins championships. Where was our red zone offense in the first half again?

Anyone with half a brain knows our offense is built to be great, certainly more so than the d. Again, offense wins championships. It is the way the league is trending.

Where was burkhead?

Is this the same zolak who gushes over brady like a 12 year old boy on live radio, and then ignores slow starts from brady in every super bowl in his career?

All we needed was one red zone td in the first half. Just 1.

Plenty of blame to go around.

Zolak ain't the only one. You have ninkovic as well talking about butler.

He’s not a game changer any more.

A dope smokin, leaking hooligan who lost us the title. Partying with whores.

I’m kinda half joking but not if this is verified. My attitude won’t be nice if I find out he’s been smoking drugs and doing back flips in practice

So...

I'm not familiar with Boston names, so I dunno how credible this is. Dunno if anyone else has already posted this.

Zolak ain't the only one. You have ninkovic as well talking about butler.
And Ty Law and Brandon Browner and even Charlie Weis and Troy Brown on the postgame last night.

This decision makes no sense no matter how you slice it. Unless he committed a felony, there's no excuse for keeping him on the bench during the Super Bowl while your defense crumbles. None.

Did you see the “vaunted” philly d? Hint: offensive era. Offense wins championships. Where was our red zone offense in the first half again?

Anyone with half a brain knows our offense is built to be great, certainly more so than the d. Again, offense wins championships. It is the way the league is trending.

Where was burkhead?

Did you see the second half? Get a stop and we probably score and get all the momentum after scoring a td.

Brady should feel insulted today! 2011 he didn't play well but this game he should have won if his defense showed up!

And if there was another Eric Rowe on the field, everything is fine and dandy. But the Patriots play with six defensive backs on almost every down and Eric Rowe and Jordan Richards or Johnson Bademosi are very far apart, and there's the rub.

Whatever the principles were, they weren't worth a Super Bowl. This ain't ****ing war, it's football.
That’s a diffferent matter. The game plan
was big nickel and big dime and only 2 corners.
If butler played then Rowe would not.

Unless you are saying they threw out the entire game plan which would mean what he did must have been severe.

Being a team and really acting like one is all about principles and rules. You seem to want to just ignore that when it suits you, in hindsight.

Well, nink played with butler and owes his sb 49 him, but doubtful nink or zolak will be welcome around bb anymore.

Listen BB's the greatest nfl coach but even the great ones have a bad night. He had a bad night.

His job is to win a championship. If the guy was returning next year, I could maybe see it....but for a guy that bis leaving? Win it for the rest of the players and the fans.
You don’t win championships by not having standards, principles and rules.

You act like you want to win more than belichick and you are more invested in it than him and he let you down because he Durant care as much as you.
Is that really what you want to portray?

So...

I'm not familiar with Boston names, so I dunno how credible this is. Dunno if anyone else has already posted this.

Yea it's been posted.

I just don't want it to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick