PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s got 40k plus posts. He’s prepared to go longer than your willing to. You know this. We all know this.
Yea I'm done here. I'll let the guy's slimy dishonesty and delusion stand for itself.

Yea I'm done here. I'll let the guy's slimy dishonesty and delusion stand for itself.
It other words you lose and accept it.

Direct your boiling and anger where it belongs..

BB knew he was in la-la land and Malcolm confirmed it.

Butler: Wasn't 'locked in and focused' for Super Bowl

And yet BB put him in for punt returns. something he never did during the season.

If someone was in La-La Land I think it might have been the coach that decided third stringers starting on defense and starters on defense instead being on the punt return team was the right move to make the day of the superbowl.

And yet BB put him in for punt returns. something he never did during the season.

If someone was in La-La Land I think it might have been the coach that decided third stringers starting on defense and starters on defense instead being on the punt return team was the right move to make the day of the superbowl.
He did it once and not on the defense.

There is absolutely nothing that backs that up. There is no “my way” other than the organization is built upon hard work, preparation and dedication. Why would you ever expect him to, or want him to, abandon that?
You yourself back it up Andy, ad nauseum. BB stuck to his way of doing things, Super Bowl win be damned.

P
You yourself back it up Andy, ad nauseum. BB stuck to his way of doing things, Super Bowl win be damned.
He stuck to his way of doing things in order to win the SB.
His way of doing things had worked out pretty damn well.
You seem to want to throw out the quality of the job he has done because you wish he handled something differently that he handled very consistently with how he has running this team.
You can’t have it both ways.

P

You seem to want to throw out the quality of the job he has done because you wish he handled something differently that he handled very consistently with how he has running this team.

How did that work out?

He did it once and not on the defense.

The pats only forced ONE punt. Thus why this is still being discussed MONTHS later. Butler played 100% of the punt return snaps, and 0% of the defensive snaps.

Listen if you think Butler shouldn't have started, fine I get that.

If you think butler shouldn't have played the majority of defensive snaps, Strange considering he played 98% up until the superbowl, but yeah sure he was sick.

But thinking it was the right call to have Butler play ZERO snaps on defense, while the defense got torn to shreds both via pass and via the run? You are out of your god damned mind if you think the call to give him ZERO snaps on defense was the correct one.

It's as simple as that. Butler should have played SOME of the defensive snaps.

That's my stance. It will NEVER change, short of BB or some player/coach/trainer coming forward and giving an actual, good reason, for why he played Zero snaps.

The pats only forced ONE punt. Thus why this is still being discussed MONTHS later. Butler played 100% of the punt return snaps, and 0% of the defensive snaps.

If you think butler shouldn't have played the majority of defensive snaps, Strange considering he played 98% up until the superbowl, but yeah sure he was sick.

But thinking it was the right call to have Butler play ZERO snaps on defense, while the defense got torn to shreds both via pass and via the run? You are out of your god damned mind if you think the call to give him ZERO snaps on defense was the correct one.

That's my stance. It will NEVER change, short of BB or some player/coach/trainer coming forward and giving an actual, good reason, for why he played Zero snaps.
His coach determined he wasn’t prepared to play and he admitted he wasn’t.
THAT is the reason. Always has been.
Not sure why you think you need to search for a reason when one is stating you in the face.

I think the real issue here is that you are trying to argue that when a coach decides a player is unprepared, depending on how the game goes he should not care about that, and bill Belichick disagrees.

P

Sure I can. BB is smarter than that but he wasn't that one important day. Also, I am done so go ahead and post your compulsive last word.

No one is asking you to change your stance.

What baffles me about the "BB screwed up" crowd is 9 months after they still want BB to play him even though Malcolm publicly stated he wasn't prepared for the game.

Do you think if BB knew Malcolm was a smidge prepared he would have played him?

What baffles me about the "BB screwed up" crowd is 9 months after they still want BB to play him even though Malcolm publicly stated he wasn't prepared for the game.

Is this a joke? What else is Malcolm (who had to look for a new team) supposed to say? The great BB screwed me (and all my teammates and our loyal fans)? BB knew Malcolm was (way more than) a smidge prepared and DIDN'T play him, when his D was getting more torched than if it had been at an arsonists' convention. That is the whole point of everybody's ire. It's weak to act like Malcolm is some idiot off the street who hadn't played corner back in the NFL for 4 years, and in the 18 straight games beforehand for BB and therefore had no clue what was going on, so of course BB sat him for the whole game (rather than the 1st half, or even the first 3 quarters) while Rome burned. Perhaps your confusion stems from the difficulty of accepting that our great coach really blundered for no good reason in the biggest game of the year. Gronk and Brady seemed pissed. Why is it baffling that a lot of fans are too?

Sure I can. BB is smarter than that but he wasn't that one important day. Also, I am done so go ahead and post your compulsive last word.
Your anger is directed at the wrong person.
Do you think if butler did a better job of preparing for the game he would have played? Of course he would have.

Malcolm publicly stated that he could have changed the outcome of the game.

He did play him, on punt returns, something Malcolm did ZERO times during the regular season.

What are you not understanding about how ****ing strange that stat is?

If BB didn't think butler was capable of playing, WHY IN THE **** WOULD HE LET HIM PLAY IN A ROLE HE HAD NO EXPERIENCE IN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing