PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was dressed and active. If a corner got hurt he was going to play. If he was not ready to play he would have been a healthy scratch.

They also put him in on a punt return, he probably would have seen more special teams play if the patriots defense that BB fielded wasn't so ****ing terrible, that they couldn't get a stop.

Malcolm said BB thought he wasn't ready, And Malcolm said that Malcolm could have made a difference in that game.

Don't misquote people.
Thank you for clarifying this, although I'm sure the people saying it already know.

Its fact and I've posted the quote and source on this board several times.

A quote from right after the game:

"I guess I wasn't playing good or they didn't feel comfortable. I don't know. But I could have changed that game."

in bold he says the team didn't feel comfortable with him, or that they thought he wasn't playing well.

in italics he says he doesn't know for sure why he was benched.

in bold, italic, and underlined he clearly states he could have changed the game.

That doesn't sound to me anything like a player saying "he wasn't ready to play" Here You still seem to be wearing your horse blinders, let me enlarge the quote for you

"But I could have changed that game." -Malcolm Butler on the way to the bus after the superbowl.

A quote from right after the game:

"I guess I wasn't playing good or they didn't feel comfortable. I don't know. But I could have changed that game."

in bold he says the team didn't feel comfortable with him, or that they thought he wasn't playing well.

in italics he says he doesn't know for sure why he was benched.

in bold, italic, and underlined he clearly states he could have changed the game.

That doesn't sound to me anything like a player saying "he wasn't ready to play" Here You still seem to be wearing your horse blinders, let me enlarge the quote for you

"But I could have changed that game." -Malcolm Butler on the way to the bus after the superbowl.

Yes, he did say that.

These Malcolm Butler threads feel an awful lot like punching yourself in the **** repeatedly

D36Yf50.gif

Butler is not playing well in TN. Too bad. I hope he regains his swagger. November's game should be interesting.

Butler is not playing well in TN. Too bad. I hope he regains his swagger. November's game should be interesting.

He’s eating Filet Mignon now instead of TV dinner Salisbury steak.

Did he put his #2 CB with a penchant for making big plays in the superbowl into the game, or did he leave him on the bench for 100% of the defensive snaps?

I can think of one big play. I don't recall any of these big plays against Atlanta. I do know he was as far from Julio Jones as they could put him.

He’s eating Filet Mignon now instead of TV dinner Salisbury steak.
I loved Swanson's frozen dinners as a kid. My mom was a great cook too.

The apple cobber with the fried chicken, green beans and mashed potatoes were great.

Those things have so much sodium.

Butler is on a stunning decline, on pace to be the worst corner in the league, pfff he already is. I don't think he was meant to be a shutdown corner but he had his moment with us. Classic Belichick move, shipping Butler out of town by the time he's done.

Butler is on a stunning decline, on pace to be the worst corner in the league, pfff he already is. I don't think he was meant to be a shutdown corner but he had his moment with us. Classic Belichick move, shipping Butler out of town by the time he's done.
It's two games. Some people are in a quick rush to **** on Butler to justify Bill's bad decisions that lost us the Super Bowl. Let's see how the entire season pans out.

Anyone with 2 working eyes saw that the defensive plan for the superbowl was flawed. Continuing to blame butler because Bill failed to adjust mid game is asinine.

Bill selected the players that would start, Bill selected the players that would continue to play. Bill watched his defense put up the worst performance in recent superbowl history, and he did NOTHING to try and change it. That's not Butlers fault, that's on Bill "General Custer" Belichick.

Hysterical

* Not hysterical/ funny, more like hysterical/ 13 year old girl who lost her iPhone.

It’s not like they never pull new ideas in the game.
tenor.gif

You really have no idea how ludicrous you sound.

Your entire beef, 100% of it, is that what they did try, didn't work. That's it. C'est tout. That's the lot, there is no more.

If you think that Bill Belichick of all people is the sort to leave stones unturned, I don't even know what I can tell you, but I can bet I could sell you some beautiful Arizona beachfront property.

Last edited:
I loved Swanson's frozen dinners as a kid. My mom was a great cook too.

The apple cobber with the fried chicken, green beans and mashed potatoes were great.

Those things have so much sodium.
Those things were the bento boxes of their day.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes