PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been seeing a lot of Butler benched in the superbowl talk in threads the last few days. figured it was time to remind everyone that our #2 CB that played 98% of the defensive snaps during the season and up until the playoffs, got ZERO snaps in a superbowl that could have been decided by 2 or 3 plays defensive plays.

How many Malcolm Butler's needed to screw a light bulb onto Bill Belichick's head?

None. The Hooded One sheds light on nothing. Besides if he wanted a bulb there it would damn right well screw itself.

I've been seeing a lot of Butler benched in the superbowl talk in threads the last few days. figured it was time to remind everyone that our #2 CB that played 98% of the defensive snaps during the season and up until the playoffs, got ZERO snaps in a superbowl that could have been decided by 2 or 3 plays defensive plays.
What did he do to deserve that?

What did he do to deserve that?

You'd have to ask Bill what he did to deserve losing the Super Bowl. After all, it was Bill's choice to bench him.

You'd have to ask Bill what he did to deserve losing the Super Bowl. After all, it was Bill's choice to bench him.
Yeah people really need to stop acting like Beluchick’s hands were tied. It was entirely in his control. He owns the decision. If a boss at a company fires his highest performing working because he feels they are undisciplined and production goes down, an exec team isn’t going to say “his hands were tied, he was undisciplined”. Belichick’s call, his responsibility. Butler would have played if he was asked

Yeah people really need to stop acting like Beluchick’s hands were tied. It was entirely in his control. He owns the decision. If a boss at a company fires his highest performing working because he feels they are undisciplined and production goes down, an exec team isn’t going to say “his hands were tied, he was undisciplined”. Belichick’s call, his responsibility. Butler would have played if he was asked
If he leaves an employee back from an important presentation because the employee showed him that he was unprepared for the presentation and didn’t understand the strategy, his hands are tied and it would be ridiculous to castigate him by saying the unprepared employee would have saved the day.

Why?
Who felt the need?

Probably shouldn't have missed that flight then.

So have you given up on your source then? Given everything that's transpired since then, it doesn't seem like a possibility that what your source told you is even remotely accurate.

So have you given up on your source then? Given everything that's transpired since then, it doesn't seem like a possibility that what your source told you is even remotely accurate.
Nothing has transpired to make me doubt my source?

I just don't need to go down that rabbit hole every time the discussion is brought up.

But I can still point out how it's foolish to think it was only about a flight.

I was just playing around with Chasa's train of thought.

I just don't need to go down that rabbit hole every time the discussion is brought up.

Source: Malcolm Butler benched by Patriots due to missed flight

I'd hardly call it foolish when we've seen BB be pretty fricking savage when it comes to his punishment of Butler for minor stuff like being a day late due to travel issues.

Doesn't matter though right? Brady and Gronk both missed OTA's so I'm sure they are not going to be able to practice for a few weeks because BB doesn't stand for rule breakers.

right?

Right?

I'd hardly call it foolish when we've seen BB be pretty fricking savage when it comes to his punishment of Butler for minor stuff like being a day late due to travel issues.

Doesn't matter though right? Brady and Gronk both missed OTA's so I'm sure they are not going to be able to practice for a few weeks because BB doesn't stand for rule breakers.

right?

Right?
Probably shouldn't have missed that flight either. So now it's not just one flight but 2 at least. Fool me twice shame on you.

If there was that kind of altercation with Belichick's family and coaches, I highly doubt Vrabel would have signed off on bringing him in... especially at those dollars. I also highly doubt the two would be complimentary toward one another in public. Butler, in particular, would probably either refrain from comment or would say something nasty. Your source's story seems highly suspect.

right?

Right?
Question. What does the O stand for in OTA?

If there was that kind of altercation with Belichick's family and coaches, I highly doubt Vrabel would have signed off on bringing him in... especially at those dollars. I also highly doubt the two would be complimentary toward one another in public. Butler, in particular, would probably either refrain from comment or would say something nasty. Your source's story seems highly suspect.
Having an altercation wouldn't necessarily prevent me from signing someone talented with knowledge of the system I'm going to run. Just would cause me to do some added research to be sure I'm comfortable with the whole story. Something we can't do.

Has Bill ever said anything bad about anyone who has left?

If Bill isnt going to spill the details why wouldn't Butler play along and be happy that his former boss doesn't air him out?

Probably shouldn't have missed that flight either. So now it's not just one flight but 2 at least. Fool me twice shame on you.

you probably should never complain if the patriots never win another superbowl, because your inability to see BB as anything but an infallible tyrant leader is the reason the patriots only received consolation rings

you probably should never complain if the patriots never win another superbowl, because your inability to see BB as anything but an infallible tyrant leader is the reason the patriots only received consolation rings
But then if we win again you can take no joy from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST