PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having an altercation wouldn't necessarily prevent me from signing someone talented with knowledge of the system I'm going to run. Just would cause me to do some added research to be sure I'm comfortable with the whole story. Something we can't do.

Uh, a player with a history whose last game saw supposedly assaulting the coaching staff would prevent most people from giving someone that much money. Especially someone that has had that close of a working and personal relationship with the man whose family he supposedly assaulted. Couple that with the fact that he was supposedly drunk and on drugs? Yeah... no. Your source's story is as suspect as it can possibly get.

Has Bill ever said anything bad about anyone who has left?

No but plenty of his ex-players have. I also highly doubt he would throw verbal bouquets Butler's way. He would just keep silent.

If Bill isnt going to spill the details why wouldn't Butler play along and be happy that his former boss doesn't air him out?

You really think that they didn't have a candid, off the record talk about Butler before Vrabel decided to weigh in with an okay on signing him? How Belichick deals with the common folk is not how he's going to deal with his peers in a business setting. Especially one that he's had as close and as long of a relationship with as he has with Vrabel.

Uh, a player with a history whose last game saw supposedly assaulting the coaching staff would prevent most people from giving someone that much money. Especially someone that has had that close of a working and personal relationship with the man whose family he supposedly assaulted. Couple that with the fact that he was supposedly drunk and on drugs? Yeah... no. Your source's story is as suspect as it can possibly get.

The big thing for me on that rumor from a "source" is that if Butler HAD assualted a member of staff, allegedly BB's son, then why in the **** with BB have Butler Active and dressed for the game. He would have sent Butler home for sure.

No but plenty of his ex-players have. I also highly doubt he would throw verbal bouquets Butler's way. He would just keep silent.

You really think that they didn't have a candid, off the record talk about Butler before Vrabel decided to weigh in with an okay on signing him? How Belichick deals with the common folk is not how he's going to deal with his peers in a business setting. Especially one that he's had as close and as long of a relationship with as he has with Vrabel.
My source did not say assault. Verbal altercation.
I can't tell you why Vrabel signed him other than to say he still believes he can be highly productive. Having things end the way they did here does not mean he still can't be great.

I can't tell you why Vrabel signed him other than to say he still believes he can be highly productive. Having things end the way they did here does not mean he still can't be great.

Oh.

You've convinced me, BB would have been totally in the right if a player said something to hurt someones feelings, to bench them resulting in throwing the superbowl.

I'll always remember that time that brady was benched for a game after have verbal altercations with McDaniels.

Oh and that time he had a Verbal Altercation with bill O'Brien.

BB is a stickler with the Rules, so if you break those rules you gotta be punished.

Do the crime, do the time.

A strong verbal attack falls under the definition of assault. But I digress. That's even worse. So BB benched a guy and sent a Super Bowl swirling down the tubes over a verbal altercation? Yikes.

A strong verbal attack falls under the definition of assault. But I digress. That's even worse. So BB benched a guy and sent a Super Bowl swirling down the tubes over a verbal altercation? Yikes.
Really don't feel the need to explain every inch of the story I heard when I know in the end your still going to say but BB should have still played him.

Really don't feel the need to explain every inch of the story I heard when I know in the end your still going to say but BB should have still played him.
Actually if he physically assaulted a coach, I wouldn’t have played him. Outside of that, I’m hard pressed to think of a scenario that warrants weakening the defense to the point that it loses the Super Bowl for the team when the player is walking after the season anyway.

Death, taxes, and this thread never ending.
There’s always someone who wants to bring it back to life. This time, we actually made it 2 whole weeks, which is by far the longest since its inception.

I'll always remember that time that brady was benched for a game after have verbal altercations with McDaniels.

BB is a stickler with the Rules, so if you break those rules you gotta be punished.

Brady is the exception. BB needed Brady to bail him out of this wonderful decision. This time, however, 12 wasn’t enough.

I’m hard pressed to think of a scenario that warrants weakening the defense to the point that it loses the Super Bowl for the team when the player is walking after the season anyway.
While I’m totally with you on this statement, this is why it would be great to hear some real details, not that I’m ever expecting it to happen. In the meantime, we’ll all continue speculating, which sucks a bit.

There’s always someone who wants to bring it back to life. This time, we actually made it 2 whole weeks, which is by far the longest since its inception.
But it always finds its way back.

I agree. But unfortunately, rules don't apply to Franchise players (QB's in particular). As long as you're playing well and putting fans in the seats, you run the team as I eluded to in another thread.

While I’m totally with you on this statement, this is why it would be great to hear some real details, not that I’m ever expecting it to happen. In the meantime, we’ll all continue speculating, which sucks a bit.
The only thing we know right know is what Butler said after the game which was "they gave up on me".

There's no way he ever gets over this.

I saw at least three Butler related posts in other threads, seemed like the right time to bump it so we could see SBB talk down at us from his high horse while completely dismissing everything said regardless of the validity, because his "source" is totes legit.

I saw at least three Butler related posts in other threads, seemed like the right time to bump it so we could see SBB talk down at us from his high horse while completely dismissing everything said regardless of the validity, because his "source" is totes legit.
I don't talk down to everyone. Just the asshats that suggest BB did it for some tyrannical reason or to stroke his ego.
BB reacted to whatever Butler did maybe it was missing his second team flight or maybe it was the story I heard but I will be firm in my opinion Butler is to blame for Butler not playing not BB. If that comes off as me on a high horse so be it Bill has earned that from me and more importantly his players.

What if it was a "say it don't spray it" type situation? Butler yelling at BB and a wad of spit lands on BB's lip......etc...

You've got to draw the line somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore