PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know what went down at practice. What if Butler's practices were so bad that Belichick was sincerely worried about a repeat of "players aren't even on the right spots on the field" from earlier this season?
Because at
I pointed to the most egregious example as the most egregious example, that people didn’t condemn it shows just how far gone they are.
Right...just like calling fans who disagree with your point of view b.tch, etc. would be appalling....nice double standard you've got there.

Too late in the season to release/ replace him, so it was a break glass situation in case of injury.
Deactivate a player from a game is not the same as release a player from the roster.

Patrick Chung was injured during Super Bowl LII and was replaced by Johnson Bademosi not Malcolm Butler.

It likely did cost them the game. And pointing to one word one poster used once in a 200 page thread is absurd.

That’s what every fan base says after every loss, if Bell played we would have won, if Brown didn’t get hurt we would have won, if the Patriots didn’t cheat we would have won, if the refs didn’t rule that incomplete we would have won. The Eagles beat the Patriots, period, they WON the game, period, they deserve to be the Champions, period, and all the crying and whining is the real Embarrassment.

We don't know what went down at practice. What if Butler's practices were so bad that Belichick was sincerely worried about a repeat of "players aren't even on the right spots on the field" from earlier this season?

So after playing 97% of snaps for the last two years, and clearly having no problem grasping what was required of him at any point in that stretch, the Pats suddenly implemented a defense in the Super Bowl that he was unable to comprehend, to the point that he could not get on the field for a single snap?

Sure, I guess that's a theoretically possible explanation, but it strains credibility to say the least. And even that would create a separate issue that would also circle back around to Belichick, which is that implementing whatever scheme it was the Butler somehow couldn't comprehend at that particular time and being forced to leave on him on the bench as a result isn't exactly an effective use of the talent at your disposal.

This wasn't a teaching moment in the 'September preseason' (weeks 1-5 or so). This was the Super Bowl, and part of gameplanning and coaching in the Super Bowl is making sure that you're using the talent at your disposal as effectively as possible, in hopes that you don't, say, give up 40 points and waste an all-time performance from your QB.

Because at

Right...just like calling fans who disagree with your point of view b.tch, etc. would be appalling....nice double standard you've got there.

Calling out those who criticize the crying, whining, and excuse making while not calling out the criers, whiners and excuse makers, which include you, nice double standard

Longer reply needed here than I want to do on my phone..

Deactivate a player from a game is not the same as release a player from the roster.

Patrick Chung was injured during Super Bowl LII and was replaced by Johnson Bademosi not Malcolm Butler.

Gilmore was replaced by Bademosi this season and played really well, so imo that’s s coaches decision. I have never seen Butler play safety so I’m honestly not sure who is better suited for it.

Calling out those who criticize the crying, whining, and excuse making while not calling out the criers, whiners and excuse makers, which include you, nice double standard
I'm talking about language and tone, which you desperately need to work on.

Because at

I get all sorts of disagrees and dislikes for my posts, calling Belichick “ Hitler” got none.

Gilmore was replaced by Bademosi this season and played really well, so imo that’s s coaches decision. I have never seen Butler play safety so I’m honestly not sure who is better suited for it.

You dont have to be a safety to play in slot. In fact, it is much better for your team to keep safety as far as possible from slot.

And I’m talking about the tones of these threads, that’s what gets that response. When people make a reasoned and levelheaded post I’ll respond in kind, and I have done so numerous times in these threads, when they kick scream and shriek things that are simply batsh.t crazy I’ll call them out for being the crybaby b.tches they are. And you clearly have no problem with their posts because you agree with them, you try to call me out because you don’t agree with me, that’s the way it goes.

I get all sorts of disagrees and dislikes for my posts, calling Belichick “ Hitler” got none.
Well if I see that post I'll be sure to dislike it. But that doesn't excuse your tone.

And I’m talking about the tones of these threads, that’s what gets that response. When people make a reasoned and levelheaded post I’ll respond in kind, and I have done so numerous times in these threads, when they kick scream and shriek things that are simply batsh.t crazy I’ll call them out for being the crybaby b.tches they are. And you clearly have no problem with their posts because you agree with them, you try to call me out because you don’t agree with me, that’s the way it goes.
If you want to sound hysterical all the time it's up to you.

You dont have to be a safety to play in slot. In fact, it is much better for your team to keep safety as far as possible from slot.

I agree, I didn’t like Chung in the slot receiver to begin with, but once again I don’t know why they benched Butler, and until I do I’m not going to judge that decision. My guess is that they were really unhappy with his preparation and attitude, told him he wasn’t starting a few days before the game, and then his behavior after that led them to decide they had seen enough and weren’t going to play him.

Well if I see that post I'll be sure to dislike it. But that doesn't excuse your tone.

My tone is in response to the people sh.tting all over a coach who has worked tirelessly to make this the best franchise in the league, people can disagree with the decisions he makes and criticize his performance in that game all they want but the stuff that has been posted in these threads is so disgraceful and disrespectful that it deserves to be mocked hard and ripped when necessary.

You don’t seem to have any problem with people sh.tting all over Belichick but you take umbrage at them being called out for it, that’s your problem. Feel free to put me in ignore any time you want.

If you want to sound hysterical all the time it's up to you.

And if you want to give those screaming for Belichick’s Head a pass that’s up to you, I’ll call them on it.

My tone is in response to the people sh.tting all over a coach who has worked tirelessly to make this the best franchise in the league, people can disagree with the decisions he makes and criticize his performance in that game all they want but the stuff that has been posted in these threads is so disgraceful and disrespectful that it deserves to be mocked hard and ripped when necessary.

You don’t seem to have any problem with people sh.tting all over Belichick but you take umbrage at them being called out for it, that’s your problem. Feel free to put me in ignore any time you want.
No, what you call "whiny b garbage trash" I call people thinking for themselves, which when it comes to Belichick you seem unable to do.

Lmao, you have a problem with my tone but not that of those who have posted thousands of hit posts Belichick , hypocrite.

He sabotaged them by taking out Butler when he knew that would hurt the team, and if he didn't know it, then Belichick has recently lost his mind.
Either you don’t understand the meaning of sabotage or you recently lost your mind.

I’m curious though. Why do you think after all these years belichick would suddenly purposely hurt his team for no reason at all? Why would you completely rule out that butler forced his hand?

Out of the choices that butler somehow screwed up or belichick stopped caring about winning the day of a Sb or belichick lost his mind, you seem to dismiss the obvious answer and go with the inexplicable.
I’m shocked that the incredible job Bill Belichick has done here, and the obvious commitment to success he has had leads you to throw him under the bus without facts and jump to the conclusion that he either threw the gsme or lis his mind instead of the obvious answer that there was a valid reason behind it, especially when you admittedly have no clue what prompted the decision.

No, what you call "whiny b garbage trash" I call people thinking for themselves, which when it comes to Belichick you seem unable to do.

You apparently only see what you want to see. I have criticized Belichick for the performance of his defense Sunday night, that’s fair and valid, calling him every name in the book and calling for his firing is what’s “ hysterical,” yet you are dead silent on that. Hypocrite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST