PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac working out with receivers in Tampa

BB tried to match the Steelers offer but Gunner decided to leave. My guess is that the Steelers promised him a real shot at being a receiver.

Might be a good move by Gunner if the Steelers will play him. If BB thought he was significant, he would have paid a bit more. BB has had some questionable drafts, but he is exceptional at identifying talent after the players have been in the league for a few years. I really like Gunner and his story, but I think we can do a lot better in the slot.

My point wasn't about Harry at all but rather as you say, these 1st rounders cost too much to move on from, so you're invested at least 4 years w/ them (though not all teams adhere to this , i.e. Rosen in ARI).

We could easily see a QB that's good enough to back into the playoffs but go no further. That'll put the Pats every year at the lower 3rd of the draft, stuck w/ not being a contender but not bad enough to have a chance at a future low pick for a QB. This is a position that most NFL teams were in while the Pats coasted w/o this concern for 20 years.

This season will tell us a lot more about his future potential but I can see why so many want to surround him w/ top talent, to both ensure his success but also so we can see his potential.
If there was someone behind Harry who needed to get on the field, they would have cut bait. There wasn't. And he provided value last year, albeit nowhere near where you'd expect for a 1st round wr...blocking, yeesh.

Here is my take from a stat. According to the "Boston Sports Info" Twitter account, the Patriots have converted just 13 of their last 41 third-down attempts (31.7 percent conversion rate) dating back to their game against the Jets. In that contest, they converted their first four third downs before their struggles began.
Has Mac got the tools on 3rd down yet, aka (BINKY)? In my opinion no. Sorry, Myers ain't it. I thought Gunner would be it but he's gone now.
This doesn't sound right. The exact numbers and quote are from an article in 2019, so I'm guessing that doesn't apply to this past year. They were 7th in the league overall this year (with their highest 3rd down conversion rate since 2016 per teamrankings.com), with Jakobi tied for 10th on catches on 3rd down that resulted in a 1st down. The only players higher than he: Jefferson, Tyreek, Kupp, Allen, Cooks, DAdams, Waddle, Diggs and MEvans, so he's in good company. Actually, looking at recent 3rd down conversions, they haven't been horrible except that 2nd Bills game. I think Agholor's concussion in the 3rd quarter of the Colts game really screwed up that following Bills game since we had N'Keal in there instead. Really would've liked to have seen Wilkerson for that game (as well as the Fins and Bills3 game - not that the Pats would've won but just maybe they'd be more competitive).

Colts: 6-15
Bills2: 1-10
Jax: 8-10
Fins: 5-10

Bills3: 7-14

Edit: The timeline of that 3rd down slump in 2019 lines up exactly with Sanu's arrival, as his first game (53% off snaps) was after that aforementioned Jets game.

Last edited:
Why Tampa?

Did Mac plop down the 100K for a TB12 gold plan?
Where do yu think it is better to practice is April?

tampa?

Providence?

I would choose Tampa

Last edited:
Here is my take from a stat. According to the "Boston Sports Info" Twitter account, the Patriots have converted just 13 of their last 41 third-down attempts (31.7 percent conversion rate) dating back to their game against the Jets. In that contest, they converted their first four third downs before their struggles began.
Has Mac got the tools on 3rd down yet, aka (BINKY)? In my opinion no. Sorry, Myers ain't it. I thought Gunner would be it but he's gone now.
Lol at citing 2019 stats and applying them to the 2021 team.

Lol at citing 2019 stats and applying them to the 2021 team.
Luckily Mac is better than the piece of human garbage that was the Pats QB in 2019...

;)

Luckily Mac is better than the piece of human garbage that was the Pats QB in 2019...

;)
Not sure why you go there, do you think 2019 stats are a good way to evaluate the 2021 offense?

Not sure why you go there, do you think 2019 stats are a good way to evaluate the 2021 offense

I was being sarcastic and apparently unfunny, hence the winky guy.

Where do yu think it is better to practice is April?

tampa?

Providence?

I would choose Tampa
Texas, Alabama, Georgia.

Jacksonville? He is from there.

Your boy Brady practiced in California.

I saw earlier that Mitch Trubisky also invited his Steelers WRs to come work out in Florida and one of them (Diontae Johnson) said no and joined Mac Jones and the Pats crew instead lmao.

Gunner !

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back