PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac working out with receivers in Tampa

Undoubtedly AG has helped Tom.

However it's kinda like bodybuilding in the 70s and 80s. Everyone was quick to give credit to Joe Weider because he was a kick-ass marketer and peddled shady supplements but the truth is it was guys like Arnold, Zane and Lee Haney who had great genetics and worked hard it was truly got them there- not Weider.
Don't forget the roids.

Some people don't realize you can be in one City and then fly to another City in a matter of hours. It's a hard concept to grasp. Lol

Funny how you have me on “ignore” and are viewing a thread that I started…

Is he also working with Tom House, TB12's QB coach?

Last edited:
Let him go. He hasn't shown anything as pass-catching quarterback.

J.J. Taylor seems to be left out of most conversations regarding offensive weapons. I've always had high hopes for this guy and wonder if he'll make the roster this year. I can only guess that lack of effectiveness as a blocker has held him back.

did he fly one of the AirKraft fleet?
I don't know what airline he used but cheap Patriots couldn't have picked him up?
PHOTO-DeShaun-Watson-Spotted-At-Hertz-Rental-Car-Counter-Inside-Boston-Logan-Airport-On-Tuesday.jpg

What I'm more curious about is whether or not Jakobi got some reps at QB. Gotta keep the QB3 sharp (yes that implies someone's leaving).

I love these little snippets. We don’t have the greatest receivers, don’t have the name receivers, but what they don’t lack, is confidence. They all seem really excited about their group. And all seem really confident, and seem to be all in on Mac. Every time they show him in the snippets, they’re saying things like “there’s the guy”, I really get excited when I see this.

I always wanted the Pats to draft Mac Jones. I literally screamed in joy when they drafted him. I always liked the back story on Jones. That dude is just different, has a **** load of self confidence, even when he was the scout QB at Alabama. To go from under recruited to record breaking champion QB at Alabama, just shows who Mac is. He will always have his doubters, and like someone else we had once, it will drive him to prove people wrong.

That's so weird. That video was obviously taken in Foxborough, but I though he was in Tampa?
He immediately went to Tampa afterwards.

What I'm more curious about is whether or not Jakobi got some reps at QB. Gotta keep the QB3 sharp (yes that implies someone's leaving).
Based on how jacked he looked in the video, looks like he's ready to take a few hits in the pocket.

I love these little snippets. We don’t have the greatest receivers, don’t have the name receivers, but what they don’t lack, is confidence. They all seem really excited about their group. And all seem really confident, and seem to be all in on Mac. Every time they show him in the snippets, they’re saying things like “there’s the guy”, I really get excited when I see this.

I always wanted the Pats to draft Mac Jones. I literally screamed in joy when they drafted him. I always liked the back story on Jones. That dude is just different, has a **** load of self confidence, even when he was the scout QB at Alabama. To go from under recruited to record breaking champion QB at Alabama, just shows who Mac is. He will always have his doubters, and like someone else we had once, it will drive him to prove people wrong.

Am I nuts here for NOT getting all bent out of shape because we don't have a "true #1 WR". I KNOW that the league has tilted the scales to favor the throwing game, BUT these are basically the same rules that the Pats have played and have been to 5 superbowls and winning 3, And the one thing that has remained the same over the last 11 years is that the Patriots haven't had a true #1 in ANY of those seasons,

When you have a "true #1 receiver" it gives defenses a focal point to DC's to structure their defenses. When you don't have that, but have 5 competent receiving options it can be very hard to cover all 5 options. Add to that a QB who can quickly process the field and get the ball to the RIGHT receiver most of the time,, it can be a VERY hard offense to defend as we have seen for the better part of 2 decades and having a "true #1 WR only 3 of those years.

Smith, Henry, Bourne, Agular, Parker and Myers are all quality receivers even if none are elite. Harris, Stevenson, White, and Taylor are all capable receiving targets out of the backfield Most importantly Mac is doing what HE needed to do this off season to keep on improving HIS game. If the reports are true that he's a little leaner and more muscular, then I will suggest that we will see Mac using his speed and short area quickness to be more mobile in the pocket this year. Remember he is as good an athlete as Willso, and Prescott and just a half second less in his 3 cone and 40 times as Watson and Mahomes. He has the athletic ability to BE as mobile a QB as any of those 4. He just has to develop the instincts to see it happen. And that will take a LOT of reps, so mark my words, 3 years from now he will be making me a prophet. ;). Next season I will be looking to see just a marginal improvement in all of his game. The mobility, the arm strength, the decision making, AND his feel for his receivers.

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back