PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac Jones working out with Nic Shimonek on his strength and conditioning

Sorry, not sure if this deserves it own thread, but I couldn't find an existing thread to put it in.

Last offseason he was working with throwing coach Tom House and everyone made a huge deal of that. House even said "the sky is the limit with Jones." If up was down then that would make sense for this past season. Belichick said last summer that he saw "dramatic improvement" in Jones. So yeah, I'll have to see it in real games to believe it.

Last offseason he was working with throwing coach Tom House and everyone made a huge deal of that. House even said "the sky is the limit with Jones." If up was down then that would make sense for this past season. Belichick said last summer that he saw "dramatic improvement" in Jones. So yeah, I'll have to see it in real games to believe it.

Yeah but then he had bluto the buffoon calling plays

Might we see a situation where Bill and Bill decide to trade Mac to Las Vegas?
If they lose out on both the Rodgers and Grap sweepstakes.

Last year was a free pass for Jones. No QB could have done well in the Patriots offense last year.

Well, to my point, Belichick said this about Patricia, "he's been really a very valuable resource and confidant and somebody to talk... and his experience and perspective has been extremely valuable."

Wasn't this basically the narrative of last off season?
Rome wasn't built in a day, remember how he looked body wise the first year, remember how Tom looked before he played in the NFL? At least the guys working on it. I think he's doing it because he's a competitor.

Last year was a free pass for Jones. No QB could have done well in the Patriots offense last year.
I get it, Patricia is a hopeless clod, etc. He's also a convenient excuse for some to absolve Mac of his shortcomings that were plainly evident last season. And Mac was only a rookie the season before. Next year it'll be, well he's got a new coordinator, so wait until the year after. And so on. At some point it just may have to be he's not good enough.

Rome wasn't built in a day, remember how he looked body wise the first year, remember how Tom looked before he played in the NFL? At least the guys working on it. I think he's doing it because he's a competitor.
This sort of sentiment kind of rubs me the wrong way. And not just about Mac, really about any professional athlete. They're competitors by definition, that's what they're paid to do, and working hard at it should be an essential baseline requirement. I'll save the real praise for real game accomplishments.

This sort of sentiment kind of rubs me the wrong way. And not just about Mac, really about any professional athlete. They're competitors by definition, that's what they're paid to do, and working hard at it should be an essential baseline requirement. I'll save the real praise for real game accomplishments.
We'll have to wait and see if it bears fruit, I know some guys have already giving up on him, I'm willing to give him another year.

Absolutely. Patricia and Judge were spread too thin and were really bad.

That said Patricia and his meatball stained playsheet have nothing to do with his inconsistent mechanics, decision making, failure to handle sudden pressure/blitz/2nd level blitz and so on. We saw some of those issues before Chumley came along. Even as far back as coming out of college.

I think thats something Mac apologist dont get. It's ok to critique Mac. Admit he had a bad year as well as Patricia. They're not mutually exclusive. Sure Patricia was "worse" at what he was tasked with doing but Mac doesn't get a "free pass" when conditions erode or things get tough.

Can wait to see Jacked Mac, super action hero!

Hopefully yields better results than his throwing coach.

As long as he wins and performs, he could drink a bottle of Titos every day and be on a steady diet of government cheese and E.L Fudges for all I care.

Absolutely. Patricia and Judge were spread too thin and were really bad.

That said Patricia and his meatball stained playsheet have nothing to do with his inconsistent mechanics, decision making, failure to handle sudden pressure/blitz/2nd level blitz and so on. We saw some of those issues before Chumley came along. Even as far back as coming out of college.

I think thats something Mac apologist dont get. It's ok to critique Mac. Admit he had a bad year as well as Patricia. They're not mutually exclusive. Sure Patricia was "worse" at what he was tasked with doing but Mac doesn't get a "free pass" when conditions erode or things get tough.

Agreed. I have said this before, but that Raiders game was hopefully rock bottom for Mac, almost everything you note showed up in that game. But after that Mac recovered and got better over the last few games (yes a lot of picks against Buffalo but at least he was throwing the ball downfield and trying). The play calling will be better and hopefully Mac keeps growing throughout the season, not going up and down like in 2022.

Glad to see it, this plus good coaching may make things a whole lot better..
I hope they do not abandon last years offensive schemes ( I say that loosely) but modify it and morph it into something better than last year.
To have a whole new O system, the third in 3 years, will probably not be a good thing.

Offseason quotes are the best kind of ********.

Gotta give to Mac. Started off training within 2 weeks of regular season. He knows he is under scanner .

I sincerely hope Mac can turn around and provide us 80% of what Joe burrow provides .

Now can we see something from Thornton maybe adding 10 more lbs of muscle in his legs.

To Each of his legs, at least... Then 10 more to Each of his arms.

0d9944e9-e856-48ec-881f-d727d0778610_text.gif

One of the most bangable little American brunettes of our generation, same as Sally Field was of hers.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back