PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac Jones last two weeks

He was almost Zack Wilson-level bad, yesterday. That has to change.

Yesterday he was brutal but its honestly hard to put any stock into evaluating anyone this year. If so kendrick bourne and hunter henry , and heck anyone aside from rhamondre would also be a lost cause. Mac was set up for failure from day 1 this season and dont get me wrong he very well could be a miss. But its too early to conclude.

What excuses? The Pats are 19th in rushing yards per game and rushing TDs this year. Last year, they were 8th in rushing yards per game and second in rushing TDs. But everyone wants to focus on Mac Jones.
This offense sucks because Mac Jones sucks. not because we are 19th in rushing yards. If you need your rushing attack to be top 10 for your QB to be average then your QB isn’t the right guy

It’s worst than what I thought. You should get glasses. He was saying last year we had a real OC.

Yes, and Jones excelled as a rookie. Second in rookie of the year voting losing to a record breaking WR. And he was second all time in completion percentage for a rookie. And he made the Pro Bowl (athough that isn't a huge accomplishment, but still an accomplishment).

I do agree. We had a real OC last year and Jones had an impressive rookie season. Jones has shown he can excel with a real OC.

You have no clue, neither do I... but at least I admit it.
I agree here, but if you bench Mac for Zappe at this point then we are confirming that we would be giving up on Mac as the franchises qb of the future?

Yes, and Jones excelled as a rookie. Second in rookie of the year voting losing to a record breaking WR. And he was second all time in completion percentage for a rookie. And he made the Pro Bowl (athough that isn't a huge accomplishment, but still an accomplishment).

I do agree. We had a real OC last year and Jones had an impressive rookie season. Jones has shown he can excel with a real OC.
But they still struggled in a lot of the same areas as this year, thats the point...They needed to follow a specific script to win games, and if they didnt, they lost. They didnt win games from behind, or in the 20s...He put up a lot of numbers against teams that were bad, and they pummeled them. Thats not his fault, but it definitely hid some of the issues on the offense.

Yesterday he was brutal but its honestly hard to put any stock into evaluating anyone this year. If so kendrick bourne and hunter henry , and heck anyone aside from rhamondre would also be a lost cause. Mac was set up for failure from day 1 this season and dont get me wrong he very well could be a miss. But its too early to tell.
Really even the the commentators was making fun of Mac's mechanics...Is that Matt Patricia's fault??

This offense sucks because Mac Jones sucks. not because we are 19th in rushing yards. If you need your rushing attack to be top 10 for your QB to be average then your QB isn’t the right guy

LOL! Yes, it is all Mac Jones sucks. The offense line has been a disaster this year because Mac Jones sucks. If Brady was still here, every single o-linemen would be All Pros. Thornton keeps stepping out of bounds because he is in awe by how bad his QB sucks. Agholor drops virtually everything thrown to him because the stink on the football is so bad from Jones that he can barely stand to touch it. And Patricia has been such a horrible play caller that he doesn't know what to call with such a bad QB.

Absolutely. I feel like people forget with Mac, they scored 40+ points three times last season, including hitting 50 twice.

It may have come against not-so-great teams, but it still happened on Jones' watch with McDaniels.
Unfortunately Mac ended 2021 the same way he has started this season.

Over the final five games of 2021 Mac threw 7 interceptions to 8 TD's, completed about 60% of his passes. One of those games was against league worst Jacksonville, dead last in defense last season, where Mac threw 3 of those TD's. This was with McDaniels as his coordinator.

I was as big a Mac fan entering the draft as anyone, I was also a Zappe fan... Mac hasn't grown at all from last year. He makes silly mistakes, he can't get guys lined up before the snap, he has no situational awareness or knows where the play clock is at, he stares down receivers and stands like a statue instead of progressing through his reads.

He's turning the ball over less since returning from injury, but he's not playing well. It seems like they've been trying ever since his return to get him to play with Zappe-like efficiency... when they could have just stuck with the hot hand of Zappe,

Just asking for a friend. Do you think Baker Mayfield is a good QB? Because he had a better rookie season than Mac with worse coaches.

Mac didn’t excel he was good only at beating bad teams. Didn’t beat a single good team. He was a passenger on a defensive minded team with an offense carried by their running attack.

Josh made Mac Jones look better than he is.

LOL! Yes, it is all Mac Jones sucks. The offense line has been a disaster this year because Mac Jones sucks. If Brady was still here, every single o-linemen would be All Pros. Thornton keeps stepping out of bounds because he is in awe by how bad his QB sucks. Agholor drops virtually everything thrown to him because the stink on the football is so bad from Jones that he can barely stand to touch it. And Patricia has been such a horrible play caller that he doesn't know what to call with such a bad QB.
If Brady was still here this team would be fighting for the division

Patriots RB's rushed for 216 yards at 7.7 yards per carry yesterday.

Mac wasn't sacked once and had time to throw, this with Chandler Jones and Maxx Crosby on the other side...

Give us a break. Our offense scored 1 TD against the 28th ranked defense in points and yards allowed.

You have no clue, neither do I... but at least I admit it.
I'm going by what I see. There's no evidence at all that Zappe is better than Mac Jones. He had his shot to seize the starting role vs the Bears and crapped all over the field and was rightfully benched.

"I don't like Mac Jones"/"Mac Jones is not good" is not proof that Zappe is better.

I agree here, but if you bench Mac for Zappe at this point then we are confirming that we would be giving up on Mac as the franchises qb of the future?
That's the only reason he's playing now. Protect the first round pick, protect the player, assume it's growing pains from a new coordinator and scheme adjustment... that's not my point.

My point is Zappe didn't have Mac's problems. They should at minimum have an open competition to start next season, if not give Zappe some reps once we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs this season. Will it happen, probably not.

No he didnt.

When exactly did he excel?

They should at minimum have an open competition to start next season
This I agree with. Zappe will get another shot in camp assuming he's still with the team. Right now no he is not better than Mac Jones.

And Bill couldn't care less about merit or tenure, if Zappe was better right now he'd be the starter already.

I'm going by what I see. There's no evidence at all that Zappe is better than Mac Jones. He had his shot to seize the starting role vs the Bears and crapped all over the field and was rightfully benched.

"I don't like Mac Jones"/"Mac Jones is not good" is not proof that Zappe is better.
Zappe entered the Bears game and engineered two TD drives after the offense did nothing for three series except turn the ball over.

Then the entire team crapped the bed, it was rainy and wet. Justin Fields turned the ball over five times, that's not a representative sample size considering Zappe's two starts were historically good.

That's the only reason he's playing now. Protect the first round pick, protect the player, assume it's growing pains from a new coordinator and scheme adjustment... that's not my point.
Well if you bench him now, youve lost all confidence in him...How do you think hed feel about that? Theyre still in the playoff race, whats that telling your organization? If you bench him now, id say its time to move on from him
My point is Zappe didn't have Mac's problems. They should at minimum have an open competition to start next season, if not give Zappe some reps once we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs this season. Will it happen, probably not.
Agree totally...Id be for even drafting a quarterback prospect they like in the draft if its rds 3 or later. By no means should Mac be guaranteed the job next year

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back