PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac Jones last two weeks

They had that last year
100% Agree, and you're absolutely right. They had Josh McDaniels and they scored 51 touchdowns and Mac had 22 touchdown passes as a rookie.

This year, they have 23 touchdowns as a team.

Yeah, last year the Pats had 24 rushing TDs and this year they have 10. By the logic of counting the number of passing TDs of Jones, maybe the Pats should cut Stevenson and let Harris walk.
I need to give you credit the number of excuses you come up for Mac is really impressive

Patriots RB's rushed for 216 yards at 7.7 yards per carry.

Mac wasn't sacked once and had time to throw, this with Chandler Jones and Maxx Crosby on the other side...

I don't want to hear peep about the offensive line not playing well.

Our offense scored 1 TD against the 28th ranked defense in points and yards allowed.

The message is there. Fire Patricia and give Jones and the offense a real OC. Kraft and Belichick know that.
Do you trust that Bill will do that? I have to see it to believe it.

Guy was willing to literally tank this season with his hirings. So it’s hard for me to trust it.

100% Agree, and you're absolutely right. They had Josh McDaniels and they scored 51 touchdowns and Mac had 22 touchdown passes as a rookie.

Right, but they still werent a great offense last year...Of course, we can say they improve in year 2 but theres still no guarantee. They still couldnt win games in the 20s last year either. Obviously this year is about as abysmal as you can get however

Mac wasn't sacked once and had time to throw, this with Chandler Jones and Maxx Crosby on the other side...

Our offense scored 1 TD against the 28th ranked defense in points and yards allowed.
Further more after Mac complained about the short stuff last week it seems they opened up the down field passing more and starting with the first throw he almost threw a pic he was missing recievers all night until he finally hit Meyers on the last TD drive.

I'll still give them both the benefit of the next 3 weeks but short of making the playoffs and more importantly some offensive life I think they both have to go. I'm not sure who is more at fault but I don't see how you get rid of one and then possibly let this happen again next year because the other ends up equally or worse to blame.

Let's see how the next 3 weeks go. I hope they can somehow salvage it and I think they show some signs but then they take multiple steps back.

Huh? Patricia wasn't OC last year. Hell, he wasn't even really coaching.
They Had McDaniels last year right? Would you consider him a good OC?

The real question still exists, even with all the coaching malfeasance... is Zappe better?
Schitts Creek Yes GIF by CBC

They Had McDaniels last year right? Would you consider him a good OC?
Absolutely. I feel like people forget with Mac, they scored 40+ points three times last season, including hitting 50 twice.

It may have come against not-so-great teams, but it still happened on Jones' watch with McDaniels.

The number were better but the result pretty similar. Can’t beat good teams, can’t come up from behind.

The difference between this year and last year? we play more better team this year

And blew a golden opportunity at the one yard line he missed Jonnu Smith for easy TD. :mad:

Really? People were calling for Patricia to be fired last year?
It’s worst than what I thought. You should get glasses. He was saying last year we had a real OC.

I said in the game day thread mac needs to be shut down and Kraft needs to get him with a sports psychologist.
This kid has something mental going on which is affecting him more than his physical limitations.

You keep playing him and set him up to fail you are absolutely destroying his professional future.

Now if Zappe rises to the occasion and unseats him next season that’s the job you chose.

Or if we trade for sign or draft a QB Mac has to understand it’s a business.
But he is not doing us any favors.

There are practice squad QBs who could hand the ball to Rhamondre and throw screens.

I need to give you credit the number of excuses you come up for Mac is really impressive

What excuses? The Pats are 19th in rushing yards per game and rushing TDs this year. Last year, they were 8th in rushing yards per game and second in rushing TDs. But everyone wants to focus on Mac Jones.

And blew a golden opportunity at the one yard line he missed Jonnu Smith for easy TD. :mad:
You are not in the loop? It’s Patricia fault. He was breathing to loudly and it disturbed Mac focus

The message is there. Bench Mac Jones sign Jimmy G in FA leave Patricia as OC. Kraft and Belichick should do that.
Fixed it for you I like that. :cool:

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back