PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lots Of Decisions To Make This Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they could trade DT for an OL.

I don’t think he has any value at all given his a candidate for getting cut. I imagine teams will just stay patient with him on that front.

Jules
Josh
AB
Dorsett
DT
Meyers

Josh and AB are combustible. If they go they can't be short handed at WR.

I think they need to keep 6.

Gunner is designated return man who could hopefully catch a few balls at the end of the year.

I think it needs to be Obi.

Last edited:
I'm thinking Kendricks.. as much as I would like to see more depth at TE have a lot of difficulty getting rid of Meyers.. this kid has all the makings of a very good WR, tough also... do not think he could make it to the Practice Squad..

My annual rant about about how stupid the whole IR situation is, someone who will take only 3 games to recover from an injury has to wait for 8 games to come back.. do something comparable like they do in MLB have different levels dependent on the severity of the injury.. the whole IR crap is stupid and takes away from the game in general..

I don't want any of these guys cut, how about Cannon to IR since I doubt he will play for at least awhile, we can then figure it out !

Then you will need to add another tackle.

Didn't they just guarantee Thomas 2019 salary?

3 million is a big cap hit to take.

It's would mean AB is now costing us 18 million.

That's it. I'm calling AB "The Hope Diamond". :D

A RUSTY Patriots team just dominated the Pittsburgh Steelers without Kyle Van Noy, Ben Watson, Demarius Thomas, Damien Harris and N'Keal Harry. Think about that for a moment.

I'm beginning to think the biggest reason to have AB is to keep him off the Chiefs/Chargers/Saints,, etc.

Roster-wise, he is like putting a side of ham on one of those Heart Attack burgers they have in Vegas served by waitresses wearing nurses outfits.....

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
it will be a very interesting day thats for sure. I'm expecting either Kendricks will be out, or maybe LaCosse will go to IR. But yeah anything is possible.

I’d keep all of them. Cut Lacosse/Kendrick’s and keep Izzo as the lone TE until week 5 when we can make a decision about Watson. AB and Gordon are so combustible I don’t know if we can rely on them for a full season. Jakobi doesn’t have a place right now but we need him for the future. Don’t get cute, keep them all and let the situation work itself out.

Or maybe someone like Damien Harris or Jakobi goes down with a mystery injury this week and goes on IR?

Hopefully Dante can get one of the new guys ready to play RT for a few weeks while Cannon is out. The health of our OL/Brady is the only thing that can hold us back this year.

I heard Meyers slipped in the shower this morning. He may have to go on IR.

Depending on the severity of injury I could see canon or Calhoun who was also hurt being on ir.

Meyers and Gunner is gone if we try to get them on the PS.

I actually see us trading for a pick more so than releasing anyone.

I don't want to cut anyone. Brown is giving us problems already lol. I vote keep Izzo as the lone te. Maybe cut Obi or even Calhoun/Wise?

Depending on the severity of injury I could see canon or Calhoun who was also hurt being on ir.

I don't want to cut anyone. Brown is giving us problems already lol. I vote keep Izzo as the lone te. Maybe cut Obi or even Calhoun/Wise?

Calhoun was 4th in terms of snaps on defense last night.

81% according to Reiss

And he played 58% of the special teams snaps.

That sure was a nice national TV showcasing of Burkhead last night...............

Calhoun played a lot yesterday.

Calhoun was 4th in terms of snaps on defense last night.

81% according to Reiss

And he played 58% of the special teams snaps.

In the context of all the other off season personnel moves for this team, this guy has gone a bit under the radar here. Imagine predicting these stats when he was first signed? It would have been trashed here on the forum.

Of course, this is in part because KVN is off on paternity leave for the week. But still...#1 "next man up."

Hard to cut Meyers.

DT/Gordon/AB could all be gone by next training camp. Meyers has been productive, and looks the part AND he is a rookie AND on a ridiculously cheap contract.

I would cut Gunner if push comes to shove.

AB can return punts.

While we currently have a plethora of receivers, two of them are highly volatile players where history indicates that one or both will likely not be on the team at the end of the year. In this case you have to worst case scenario plan. Keep all the receivers and make the cut elsewhere.

$1.5m bonus IIRC.

Digestible but a lot of gas afterwards.

it will be a very interesting day thats for sure. I'm expecting either Kendricks will be out, or maybe LaCosse will go to IR. But yeah anything is possible.
Kendricks counts towards the roster today whereas before last night he did not. They need to cut someone to accommodate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back