PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Loss against Steelers would be a good thing (MERGED SLOWLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Loss against Steelers would be a good thing

Well, that explains everything. Marijuana does make you forget.

Sorry, I hit the new thread twice. Why are you so miserable?

If they should lose this game, it would change the focus of the last few games of the season from going undefeated to working towards the playoffs. Therefore, we can write off the Giants game as a preseason game. Vanilla playcalling with backups. If we should go into that game 15-0, then it's full throttle to preserve the unbeaten BS rather than preserve the team for the playoffs. Perhaps, Belichik would preserve the team regardless, but I think this is a team worn down more than I have seen in past years. Age may have more to do with it. I think the "greatest of all time" scrutiny has a lot to do with it. I've never seen a team scrutinized or under the microscope as much as this team is. A loss would ease some of that and refocus them. Just my opinion.

Why in the world do you equate losing with having a better shot in the playoffs. Losing now will change nothing in the Playoffs. They have a bye week to rest. Why do they need to rest THIS particular week and lose? Losing games is only going to mess up our playoff HFA and possibly seeding if we keep dropping them like you are suggesting.

Wow,
I usually hear this as some sort of looking at the bright side crap after losing a game. But talk about folding under the pressure of potential going 16-0. Thats weak ...

Just the way I see it. And it is about folding under the pressure with this team, because there is pressure. More so than just winning football games. One L will alleviate a lot of that pressure.

Why not PM a mod as they have repeatedly requested instead of bashing the forum (that got Aqua banned) and siezing yet another opportunity to play rump swab for a repeatedly and deservedly banned poster destructive to this forum?

You're right, I should've used the PM feature. As for NEM, he was reinstated in the visitors and political forum BY IAN. So take it up with him. You guys asked that I respect his decision way back when, but you all seem to have a (totally hypocritical) problem doing the same now. Care to comment? Feel free to PM me.

I'll merge the threads now that I'm aware of them. Sorry I can't hover around and jump at the speed of light.

Everyone thinks that they can do a better job than someone who is doing it. I bet there are people out there thinking they can do a better job about whining and complaining.

Please accept my apology. It's been a rough morning and you're right, I was whining and complaining. consider the sword fallen on. My totally snarky bad.

Why in the world do you equate losing with having a better shot in the playoffs. Losing now will change nothing in the Playoffs. They have a bye week to rest. Why do they need to rest THIS particular week and lose? Losing games is only going to mess up our playoff HFA and possibly seeding if we keep dropping them like you are suggesting.

But it will change the way we approach the playoffs rather than if we are going in trying to preserve an undefeated season. More pressure added than just trying to win a playoff game. Perhaps Bill will change his approach regardless of undefeated or not.

The way I see it, is they are going to, as always, give all they have against the Steelers. I don't know if they have enough in the tank this week against them. We will have enough to take Phins and Jets, maintaining homefield and then exhibition against the Giants. Hey, they could run it to 19-0. I just think we need to refuel more so though in past years in the stretch here.

Last edited:

And MAJOR credit for the "MERGED SLOWLY" crack.

Sorry, I hit the new thread twice. Why are you so miserable?

I'm not miserable. I'm adding additional humor to the thread.
Let me get this straight. We should intentionally lose to the Steelers at home this Sunday. This is a team which we have beaten handily the last several times we've played them. This is a team in which there is a good chance we will meet in the playoffs, lets give them some hope. Surely, that wouldn't give them a lift would it? Have you ever heard of going for the jugular? We need to stomp them hard, give them additional negative thoughts the next time they visit us at home, not to give them light. Why do we play the game?

I'm not miserable. I'm adding additional humor to the thread.
Let me get this straight. We should intentionally lose to the Steelers at home this Sunday. This is a team which we have beaten handily the last several times we've played them. This is a team in which there is a good chance we will meet in the playoffs, lets give them some hope. Surely, that wouldn't give them a lift would it? Have you ever heard of going for the jugular? We need to stomp them hard, give them additional negative thoughts the next time they visit us at home, not to give them light. Why do we play the game?

I never said intentional and I know there is too much pride on this team for that. I said a loss, and I expect one, not because the Steelers are the better team, but because the Pats are 100% spent. If they rise to it and take the Steelers than more power to them. Just saying if that should happen, it wouldn't be a bad thing in the long run.

Just the way I see it. And it is about folding under the pressure with this team, because there is pressure. More so than just winning football games. One L will alleviate a lot of that pressure.

Then you need new glasses.

Then you need new glasses.

Without glasses, I see a team worn down and on the ropes against inferior opponents and a head coach who never shows his hand saying that we are a tired team and the second best team we've played this year coming to town on a short week. A loss here would throw all undefeated scrutiny out the window and some pressure with it. I don't think that is a bad thing.

I would prefer you guys go 16-0 so we can beat you in the playoffs and crown you as the biggest choke artists in history.

Last edited:

Chunga = Steelers mole troll.

Last edited:
Yep, I'm getting the picture on you, Chunga, and you roped in a few of us. Ah, I need to be more suspicious . . .

Troll Alert!!!

Me? I was in the stadium during the Rod Rust years.

Let me amend my previous statement:

A Steeler fan in New Jersey with a Comcast server.

We need rest. Period. This defense is old. Two games off would be a good thing. It will bite us in the ass against Jacksonville. Not saying have them sit around for two weeks but two weeks without game play would be a good thing.

Why are you so concerned with Jacksonville?
The same team came to Foxboro in January 06 and got the crap kicked out of them 28-3.

That was the 05-06 Patriots, a version quite inferior to the current one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore