PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looks like it will be C's and Knicks during first round

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
What are your takes on the match up?Would rather play philly but they F'ed that up when the lost to the Heat. I hate NY so it would be awesome to beat them

The Knicks are on fire right now while the Celtics are stumbling. I wouldn't be surprised to see New York take this one. In the end, though, I'm going with the Celtics in seven.

^^^ Watching the Knicks Bulls game right now? Knicks are far from on fire :bricks:

They have been as of late..still doesn't help the fact they are in the bottom 5 for defense in the league

Giving up 105 average..god awful

Yeah but the Celts defense hasn't exactly been stellar against some of the better offenses in the East either (neither has the Heat's defense, for that matter). That's why I give New York a fighting chance, but am ultimately going with the Celtics due to both experience on this stage and the fact that Boston matches up well. On top of that, I'm actually rooting for you guys as I ******* DESPISE the Knicks. :cool:

EDIT: By the way, Amar'e wasn't playing tonight. He would have made a difference in the game, both offensively and defensively.

Last edited:
This came from a Knicks fan

If we beat the Celtics that will make the Giants beating the Patriots in the Super Bowl look like a minor accomplishment.

LOL

As mediocre as the Celtics have been down the stretch, I'd be shocked if they lost this series. Beyond that though, all bets are off. The Celtics haven't instilled enough confidence in me to realistically believe they advance beyond that, even though I'll be rooting for them the whole time to get one more banner.

If that makes me a bad fan, so be it. My heart is in one place, but my brain is saying something else.

Handy little first round TV schedule courtesy of BosFans.com:

Eastern Conference matchups for the 2011 NBA Playoffs:

#1 Chicago Bulls (62-20) vs #8 Indiana Pacers (37-45); Bulls won regular season series 3-1
#2 Miami Heat (58-24) vs #7 Philadelphia 76ers (41-41); Heat 3-0
#3 Boston Celtics (56-26) vs #6 New York Knicks (42-40); Celtics 4-0
#4 Orlando Magic (52-30) vs #5 Atlanta Hawks (44-38); Hawks 3-1

Western Conference matchups for the 2011 NBA Playoffs:

#1 San Antonio Spurs (61-21) vs #8 Memphis Grizzlies (46-36); season series tied 2-2
#2 Los Angeles Lakers (57-25) vs #7 New Orleans Hornets (46-36); Lakers 4-0
#3 Dallas Mavericks (57-25) vs #6 Portland Trail Blazers (48-34); series tied 2-2
#4 Oklahoma City Thunder (55-27) vs #5 Denver Nuggets (50-32); Thunder 3-1

= = = = =

Boston Celtics Round One Television Schedule:

Game 1 at Boston - Sunday, April 17, 7:00 on TNT
Game 2 at Boston - Tuesday, April 19, 7:00 on TNT
Game 3 at New York - Friday, April 22, 7:00 on espn
Game 4 at New York - Sunday, April 24, 3:30 on ABC
Game 5 at Boston if necessary - Tuesday, April 26
Game 6 at New York if necessary - Friday, April 29
Game 7 at Boston if necessary - Sunday, May 1

Times and television network for games 5, 6 and 7 (if necessary) have yet to be determined.

= = = = =

Saturday, April 16
1:00 - Indiana at Chicago, game 1 on espn
3:30 - Philadelphia at Miami, gm 1 on ABC
7:00 - Atlanta at Orlando, gm 1 on espn
9:30 - Portland at Dallas, gm 1 on espn

Sunday, April 17
1:00 - Memphis at San Antonio, gm 1 on TNT
3:30 - New Orleans at LA Lakers, gm 1 on ABC
7:00 - New York at Boston, gm 1 on TNT
9:30 - Denver at Oklahoma City, gm 1 on TNT

Monday, April 18
7:00 - Philadelphia at Miami, gm 2 on TNT
9:30 - Indiana at Chicago, gm 2 on TNT

Tuesday, April 19
7:00 - New York at Boston, gm 2 on TNT
7:30 - Atlanta at Orlando, gm 2 on NBATV
9:30 - Portland at Dallas, gm 2 on TNT

Wednesday, April 20
8:00 - Denver at Oklahoma City, gm 2 on TNT
8:30 - Memphis at San Antonio, gm 2 on NBATV
10:30 - New Orleans at LA Lakers, gm 2 on TNT

Thursday, April 21
7:00 - Chicago at Indiana, gm 3 on NBATV
8:00 - Miami at Philadelphia, gm 3 on TNT
10:30 - Dallas at Portland, gm 3 on TNT

Friday, April 22
7:00 - Boston at New York, gm 3 on espn
8:00 - Orlando at Atlanta, gm 3 on espn2
9:30 - LA Lakers at New orleans, gm 3 on espn

Saturday, April 23
2:30 - Chicago at Indiana, gm 4 on TNT
5:00 - Dallas at Portland, gm 4 on TNT
7:30 - San Antonio at Memphis, gm 3 on espn
10:00 - Oklahoma City at Denver, gm 3 on espn

Sunday, April 24
1:00 - Miami at Philadelphia, gm 4 on ABC
3:30 - Boston at New York, gm 4 on ABC
7:00 - Orlando at Atlanta, gm 4 on TNT
9:30 - LA Lakers at New Orleans, gm 4 on TNT

Monday, April 25
TBD - Portland at Dallas, gm 5 if necessary
TBD - San Antonio at Memphis, gm 4
10:30 - Oklahoma City at Denver, gm 4 on TNT

Times and networks for the rest of the first round games, if necessary, have yet to be announced.

Last edited:
Anyone headed to any of the games? I will be there for game 2

There goes the game for the C's...:bricks:

I know it's only 1 game but I would love to see Kontradictions comments on J. O'neal's performance tonight...He was beasting and guarding the basket perfectly for the Celts when they were struggling....He was rebounding and scoring....He doesn't have much wear on his knees and body so far this season so if he stays healthy in the playoffs he could be a HUGE asset especially is Shaq doesn't come back in these playoffs.....

On a side note, Doc needs to reign in Rondo as he gave away CRITICAL possessions late in this game....I know his game is sporatic but late in games he needs to cut this crap out....This almost cost the Celts the game tonight....

RAY ALLEN IS THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RAY F'ING ALLEN

What a game...screw NY

I know it's only 1 game but I would love to see Kontradictions comments on J. O'neal's performance tonight...He was beasting and guarding the basket perfectly for the Celts when they were struggling....He was rebounding and scoring....He doesn't have much wear on his knees and body so far this season so if he stays healthy in the playoffs he could be a HUGE asset especially is Shaq doesn't come back in these playoffs.....

On a side note, Doc needs to reign in Rondo as he gave away CRITICAL possessions late in this game....I know his game is sporatic but late in games he needs to cut this crap out....This almost cost the Celts the game tonight....

Rondo pissed me off to the point where if I knew voodoo he'd have several needles in him during that last stretch of play. He was careless and didn't play to the situation. Then he goes and redeems himself and threads some lovely balls, in particular to KG for the alley oop Jam.

Thank God for Ray Ray is all I can say. I'm still mightily concerned with our lack of presence in the paint but nice to have a win on the board.

If they lost that game..it would have been on Rondo..lucky ray ray bailed his ass out

J.O. had a few good games for us last year too. Those good games are by far the exception and not the rule, though. I'm sure you know this very well having watching O'Neal and the Celts as much as you have, though. Also keep in mind that he's going to be matched up against Rony Turiaf most of the time in this series. That's going to help any big bodied center look better.

J.O. had a few good games for us last year too. Those good games are by far the exception and not the rule, though. I'm sure you know this very well having watching O'Neal and the Celts as much as you have, though. Also keep in mind that he's going to be matched up against Rony Turiaf most of the time in this series. That's going to help any big bodied center look better.

I can agree with all of the points that you made....the only thing that got me a little excited about his game last night was he looked to have a little more explosiveness and he was making his shots around the paint area.....Even if last night isn't the norm if opposing teams see him blocking a lot of shots in this series it might be in their heads when the C's play whomever and may change their shot enough....Or they might just say oh this is JO, he won't be that good all the time and just stuff it in his face like amare did.....LOL I am hoping for the first one of course....

JO had some fire in his steps last night..loved it :rocker:

I can agree with all of the points that you made....the only thing that got me a little excited about his game last night was he looked to have a little more explosiveness and he was making his shots around the paint area.....Even if last night isn't the norm if opposing teams see him blocking a lot of shots in this series it might be in their heads when the C's play whomever and may change their shot enough....Or they might just say oh this is JO, he won't be that good all the time and just stuff it in his face like amare did.....LOL I am hoping for the first one of course....

Ah, that's why O'Neil looked so dominant. Though, it was still good to see him do something. OTH, if you take Superman out of the equation, there are not too many centers who scare me. Depends on who makes the West finals (Perkins)?

I'd rather see JO play like that than not.

I'd rather see JO play like that than not.

I wasn't counting on him for anything. After seeing his play against the Knicks, regardless of the caliber of the center, has to be positive. The other item worth mentioning, was I listened to Mike and Mike the other day and they had Heinsoln on. He thought Shaq was done for the year. Really doubted that he would play at all. Stated the team would go as far as Rondo would take them (something to that effect). One more interesting tidbit. One of the Mike's noted Heinsoln was a part of all of Boston's 17 championships. Pretty cool.

Good win by the Celtics but I'm completely underwhelmed by our pathetic paint presence. If the Celtics get out of the first round they're going to face some serious problems unless they can start pulling in some rebounds.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back