PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looking for opinions: Jerrel Jernigan v. Titus Young

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone raved about Young all week during Senior Bowl week practices. ESPN and Walterfootball love him and Walterfootball said he was a cross between Desean Jackson and Mike Wallace. He also showed during the week that he could catch passes with his hands instead of his body. I wouldn't judge him based on the Senior Bowl game in which he was working with terrible QBs. I think this guy is a bigtime prospect but will BB really invest a 2 in a WR when he took Tate and Price that last two years in the 3rd round?

Young is not afraid to run over the middle and he can run all the routes as Boise State has many different routes they ask their WRs to run. I know some people question the competition but he dominated VA Tech with 6 catches for 80 yards and he had 5 catches for 136 vs Oregon State. He also had 8 catches for 72 yards vs TCU in their bowl game last year. This kid has played elite level teams and produced.

I think this kid is the third best prospect at WR behind Green and Jones. Jernigan is a very good WR too and probably the best slot WR in this draft class but we don't need a slot.

I know people "raved" about Young during the week. I'm telling you what I saw in the Senior Bowl and in other games. A guy who is not a hand-catcher. He regularly rounds his routes, they aren't crisp cuts. Nothing I saw in the other games that I watched showed me that Young could handle the press coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back