PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looking at Dice-K

no suking in the playoffs is when your ace is supposed to shine, he suked in 09 when it mattered the most. his ace days are over. its not a matter of whos right or wrong its a matter of opinion.

Never said he was reliable as an ace, did I?

You, otoh, said, "you can be garbage if you havent done anything since 2007." You were wrong. He had a good season in 2009.

All opinions aren't equal. Try supporting yours with facts for a change.

Never said he was reliable as an ace, did I?

You, otoh, said, "you can be garbage if you havent done anything since 2007." You were wrong. He had a good season in 2009.

All opinions aren't equal. Try supporting yours with facts for a change.

i know what i said. and he hasn't done anything since 07 nothing. he had a 3.85 era and gave up 25 hrs. and he suked in the playoffs. 3.85 and giving up 25 hrs is garbage for a guy who is supposed to be a ace. you think 3.85 and giving up 25 hrs is something do you? i don't. i think thats garbage for a ace. then add the 5 plus runs he gave up in one game in the playoffs and that makes him more garbage like. you either think thats acceptable or you don't. either way its a matter of opinion. we can go tit for tat on this all day long. you obviously like beckett. i don't i think hes a overrated bum.

Last edited:
i know what i said. and he hasn't done anything since 07 nothing. he had a 3.85 era and gave up 25 hrs. and he suked in the playoffs. 3.85 and giving up 25 hrs is garbage for a guy who is supposed to be a ace. you think 3.85 and giving up 25 hrs is something do you? i don't. i think thats garbage for a ace. then add the 5 plus runs he gave up in one game in the playoffs and that makes him more garbage like. you either think thats acceptable or you don't. either way its a matter of opinion. we can go tit for tat on this all day long. you obviously like beckett. i don't i think hes a overrated bum.

I don't think you do.

You said he's "garbage" -- not "garbage for an ace."

In 2009 he had a 3.85 ERA, was 17-6 and pitched over 200 innings. Sorry, that's not garbage -- it's well above average. (Who cares how many HRs he gave up? That's in his ERA.)

He gave up 4 runs and pitched into the 7th in his one playoff start. Again, not great, but not horrible, either.

The only reason we're going tit for tat is that you can't simply admit you were wrong.

If you want to say he's not an ace, fine. But that's a long cry from being "garbage."

(btw, I actually don't like Beckett very much. My personal feelings have nothing to do with the fact that what you said was wrong.)

lol sorry ill admit nothing. like i said its no a matter of right and wrong. its a matter of opinion. i think hes garbage and i think his 09 was garbage. 5 plus runs alone in the playoffs one game is garbage for a ace or any pitcher for that matter. you spin it anyway you want. ace not a ace blah blah. a guy who is supposed to be your number 1 09 was garbage. i dont care what i said before this is what im saying now. this is a message board not a court of law. lol your allowed to refine your statements and opinions. my opinion was is based on him being a ace. if he was a number 5 starter then my opinion wouldn't be as harsh. then he would be a bust like dice k.:D you can insist till your blue in the face that im wrong. i say im right.

Last edited:
you can be garbage if you havent done anything since 2007 and had a era just under 6 last year and cant stay healthy for a entire year. sorry little man i know you love him so but hes garbage. it will take a lot more than one game to prove otherwise. this guy is supposed to be the ace the anchor of the staff. hes a bum.
this is what i said before. notice the last sentence? i included the phrase ace. my opinion of him is based on him being a ace. that is now irrefutable. your little message board gotcha game has just blew up. so unless your telling me that becketts 09 stats are good for a ace we are in complete agreement. hes garbage.

Last edited:
lol sorry ill admit nothing. like i said its no a matter of right and wrong. its a matter of opinion. i think hes garbage and i think his 09 was garbage. 5 plus runs alone in the playoffs one game is garbage for a ace or any pitcher for that matter. you spin it anyway you want. ace not a ace blah blah. a guy who is supposed to be your number 1 09 was garbage. i dont care what i said before this is what im saying now. this is a message board not a court of law. lol your allowed to refine your statements and opinions. my opinion was is based on him being a ace. if he was a number 5 starter then my opinion wouldn't be as harsh. then he would be a bust like dice k.:D you can insist till your blue in the face that im wrong. i say im right.

I get it -- you're one of those people who's too insecure to admit he was wrong.

this is what i said before. notice the last sentence? i included the phrase ace. my opinion of him is based on him being a ace. that is now irrefutable. your little message board gotcha game has just blew up. so unless your telling me that becketts 09 stats are good for a ace we are in complete agreement. hes garbage.

You can't read or write, it appears. Merely mentioning the word "ace" doesn't mean anything. You didn't say he's not an ace -- you said he's garbage.

So if you're now claiming that he's just not an ace, why not be an adult and just admit that's what you're claiming?

And you also said he's done nothing since '07 -- sorry, you can scream and hold your hands over your ears as long as you want, but the bottom line is that his '09 season was well above average. (and it was 4 runs in his playoff start, not 5 -- but you'll probably just pout about that being a matter of opinion, too...)

no the botton line is for a ace his 09 season was garbage his 08 season and 10 season all garbage. just like i said from the beginning:D you say im wrong. but unfortunately for you there is no way to prove that. why is that? because its a matter of opinion. why cant you just admit that?

Last edited:
no the botton line is for a ace his 09 season was garbage his 08 season and 10 season all garbage. just like i said from the beginning:D you say im wrong. but unfortunately for you there is no way to prove that. why is that? because its a matter of opinion. why cant you just admit that?

re. first bold: Glad to see you've changed your tune from what you claimed in the beginning.

re. second bold: Your first post on the matter ("the beginning") -- "like I've been saying since before the season started. beckett is garbage also. he cant stay healthy for a entire year never mind pitch like he did the other night on a consistent basis." Nothing about "for an ace" anywhere in the post. Sad to lie just b/c you can't admit being wrong.

One day you may grow up. Hopefully for you you're not supposed to be an adult now.

Bye bye

re. first bold: Glad to see you've changed your tune from what you claimed in the beginning.

re. second bold: Your first post on the matter ("the beginning") -- "like I've been saying since before the season started. beckett is garbage also. he cant stay healthy for a entire year never mind pitch like he did the other night on a consistent basis." Nothing about "for an ace" anywhere in the post. Sad to lie just b/c you can't admit being wrong.

One day you may grow up. Hopefully for you you're not supposed to be an adult now.

Bye bye

i knew it was just a matter of time before you went personal. thats when you know when someone lost the argument when they go personal. and i need to grow up?:rolleyes: dont be so angry all the time its not good for your health.

Last edited:
you can be garbage if you havent done anything since 2007 and had a era just under 6 last year and cant stay healthy for a entire year. sorry little man i know you love him so but hes garbage. it will take a lot more than one game to prove otherwise. this guy is supposed to be the ace the anchor of the staff. hes a bum.
heres what i said. the post above clearly shows my opinion is based on him being a ace. you choose not to believe that because it doesn't support your argument. you want to play message board gotcha instead. case closed you lose.

Last edited:
heres what i said. the post above clearly shows my opinion is based on him being a ace. you choose not to believe that because it doesn't support your argument. you want to play message board gotcha instead. case closed you lose.

If that's what you were trying to say, you communicated it poorly.

The post you cited sounds as if you are saying both that he is garbage and that he is failing to be an ace -- you don't mention anything about his ace status until the end.

So, we're now 2 months in, the sky is no longer falling on the Sox and Beckett is dealing. Curious whether you're still clinging to your claims or if you're going to hold out all season, half hoping for Beckett to collapse.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back