PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LOOK: Patriots Unveil New Uniform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez, imagine the day some team plays in the super bowl wearing their color rush uniforms...

Pure vomit. Probably Nike's wet dream

Looks like now that Brady's gone they have to come up with something so people will buy some shirts. I agree with those who question why they don't just go to a white helmet with the Flying Elvis. That is the best look and will go with any of the jerseys, white, blue or red throwbacks.

i never said Stidham was a scrub per se.

Yes you did.

"proshop isn't going to sell a brand new color rush jersey of a scrub. If they felt that confident in Stidham at this point, Krafty Bob is going to sell as many jerseys as he can"

You went as far as you could without saying it; the implication here is that he is a scrub ... or at least that he's not not a scrub.

i made the point the Pats were not going to sell Stidham jerseys yet because he has not been named the starter.

No, your argument went in the other direction: because his jersey is not for sale, therefore he must not be starter material.

That was the implication, and when pointed out that BB likely has nothing to do with the Pats' shop, you pivoted to "well, if Kraft knew he was any good, there would be Stidham jerseys for sale", which assumes that BB would tell Kraft how good Stidham is, and then Kraft would tell the Pats' shop folks to sell his jersey.

And all of this assumes/implies that BB actually knows how good Stidham is/will be, which he doesn't. No one knows what he's capable of yet. That'll take time, practices, games, etc to determine. Your implication is that the Patriots know just how good Stidham is/isn't, and the fact that his jersey isn't for sale therefore means they're lukewarm on him.

Needless to say, the fact that Stidham jerseys are/aren't for sale has nothing to do with how good he will or won't be during his career, and is no indication of what the team thinks of him internally.

In the space of less than 45 minutes (and one edit) the Pats Pro Shop went from not selling Stidham's jersey at all...

i made the point the Pats were not going to sell Stidham jerseys yet because he has not been named the starter. And typically the team is not going to sell jerseys of a someone that may end up being a JAG. Right now, they have Edelman and Hightower jerseys for sale - in other words, star players.

...to not selling Stidham color rush jerseys but at least being confident enough to sell the previous uni design they didn't sell 45 minutes before...

i made the point the Pats were not going to sell brand new color rush Stidham jerseys yet unless they are confident he is the starter. And typically the team is not going to mass produce jerseys of a someone that may end up being a JAG. Right now, they have Edelman, Hightower, etc. color rush jerseys for sale - in other words, star players.

...all in the same post

Jeez, imagine the day some team plays in the super bowl wearing their color rush uniforms...

Pure vomit. Probably Nike's wet dream
Current NFL don't allow it. I'm not saying they couldn't change the rule, just that we won't see it anytime soon.

Yes you did.

"proshop isn't going to sell a brand new color rush jersey of a scrub. If they felt that confident in Stidham at this point, Krafty Bob is going to sell as many jerseys as he can"

You went as far as you could without saying it; the implication here is that he is a scrub ... or at least that he's not not a scrub.

No, your argument went in the other direction: because his jersey is not for sale, therefore he must not be starter material.

That was the implication, and when pointed out that BB likely has nothing to do with the Pats' shop, you pivoted to "well, if Kraft knew he was any good, there would be Stidham jerseys for sale", which assumes that BB would tell Kraft how good Stidham is, and then Kraft would tell the Pats' shop folks to sell his jersey.

And all of this assumes/implies that BB actually knows how good Stidham is/will be, which he doesn't. No one knows what he's capable of yet. That'll take time, practices, games, etc to determine. Your implication is that the Patriots know just how good Stidham is/isn't, and the fact that his jersey isn't for sale therefore means they're lukewarm on him.

Needless to say, the fact that Stidham jerseys are/aren't for sale has nothing to do with how good he will or won't be during his career, and is no indication of what the team thinks of him internally.

You're not reading my argument right. Just let it go. I've been on record many times over the past few weeks about Stidham most likely being our starting QB and am excited about the possibility. If Stidham were already the starter, however, you'd better believe the pro shop would already be selling his new color rush jersey. No one knows at this point.

Last edited:
Or maybe, it was just really poorly written. Let's not put the onus where it doesn't belong.

Stidham needs to earn the starting job. Until then, he's JAG. However, I'm confident he'll do it when it's all said and done.

Last edited:
Yes you did.

Well said, his posts were stupid and idiotic.

You're not reading my argument right. Just let it go. I've been on record many times over the past few weeks about Stidham most likely being our starting QB and am excited about the possibility. If Stidham were already the starter, however, you'd better believe the pro shop would already be selling his new color rush jersey. No one knows at this point.
Of course you want people to let your stupid post go. Just admit your take was wrong and move on.

Stidham needs to earn the starting job. Until then he's JAG. I'm confident he'll do it when it's all said and done, however.
And you conclude this because the pro shop isn't selling his jerseys. We got it. :rolleyes:

And you conclude this because the pro shop isn't selling his jerseys. We got it. :rolleyes:

Yeah, the Pats are a business in case you haven't noticed...they are not going to be pushing brand new Brian Hoyer jerseys to the public at this point. :rolleyes:

Teams are currently only allowed to have one helmet. I believe that rule is changing though.

Yeah, the Pats are a business in case you haven't noticed...they are not going to be pushing brand new Brian Hoyer jerseys to the public at this point. :rolleyes:
You keep on doubling down on your stupid post. Just admit it.

It's not a surprise that people have strong opinions on both sides when grading the color rush look. I've always been a fan of monochromatic uniforms…Colorado Buffaloes all black, Ravens all black...so I've always liked the dark blue-on-blue look. They look especially good under the lights and it is more of a intimidating look, IMO. I suspect that the players like them as well.

I would have been fine with white helmet and white pants for both the home and road. White-on-white with the white helmets looked great in the 70s and 80s. I would have also preferred red pants on the road to the blue.

I don't mind the stripes but wish that they had been further down on the shoulder. I also would have preferred numbers on the sleeves, rather than a big Flying Elvis.

This is basically where I am. I like the uniforms, but at least to me, the silver helmets now look out of place.

Yup white helmets would have looked much better with the blue jerseys. Then you can keep silver helmets with the white jerseys. But whatever maybe they wanted to save on equipment costs and just keep one color helmet for both jerseys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3