PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LOOK: Patriots Unveil New Uniform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup white helmets would have looked much better with the blue jerseys. Then you can keep silver helmets with the white jerseys. But whatever maybe they wanted to save on equipment costs and just keep one color helmet for both jerseys.

You can only have one helmet, per NFL bylaws. They're changing the rule next year though, I believe.

Home uniform is an abomination. Worst home uniform in the history of the franchise.

The road uniform isn’t too bad. So it keeps the overall new look slightly above the Bledsoe-era uniforms which just barely hold onto the “worst Patriots uniforms ever” title.
Robert Kraft has a problem acknowledging his own team's history, heritage and success.

[He thinks Drew Bledsoe is Bill Russell, Ted Williams, etc.]

And he thinks Steve Grogan is this guy

Steve "Clem" Grogan - Wikipedia

Robert Kraft has a problem with Roger Goodell.

Worse than Bobby Orr's misplaced trust in Alan Eagleson

[At least Bobby later admitted the truth.]

Robert Kraft has a problem with uniforms.

We're supposed to be thankful to have seen our team a dozen times in 26 years.

You can only have one helmet, per NFL bylaws. They're changing the rule next year though, I believe.
2021 COULD be the year and that could see the return of many throwbacks

Not only pat patriot unis but also bucco bruce unis in Tampa, kelly green unis in Philadelphia, perhaps Oilers too...

Still waiting on @Actual Pats Fan to chime in.
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif

Years ago I was at a game where they paraded out the existing Pat Patriot and new Flying Elvis logos and asked for the fans' vote. Pat Patriot got loud cheers and Flying Elvis got loud boos. Then they waited a year, or so, and changed over to the Flying Elvis logo anyway, without any more fan votes. So my attitude to new uni colors and themes is "Meh". It's just merchandizing and a money grab. They don't really care what we think, particularly since we don't back up our wishes with our purchasing power.
Steelers, 49ers, Cowboys, Packers, to name four, all have profitable uniforms and logos.

Each of these franchises went through decades of futility. But kept their look.

The Patriots uniforms established for 32 years, during the establishment of the modern (post-merger) era of pro football, would easily today be the most popular and profitable in the NFL, and possible in all the sports.

The flying elvis uniform perpetrated in 1993 is too ugly, unprofessional, and stupid, and mocks its own team, players and fans, and reinforces ongoing ridicule of the franchise, even amid the greatest modern dynasty.

Team uniforms are sacred to sighted fans of teams.

The changement arrived when Orthwein bought the team

He had no interest to stay in New England but going to Stl

Sad...

I am not so sure that Kraft would have changed it
Kraft "fell in love with the team" in 1993 and bought it the next February.

He loves flying elvis. He is married to flying elvis. He could have restored our helmets and jerseys at any time, but never did and never will.

He is totally blind to the fact that since 1993 the team has looked stupid, nauseating, idiotic and insulting to the people of New England who loved it for better or for worse since 1960.

And he is totally blind to the fact he could have profited $millions more if he had restored the uniforms in 2002, after not only winning a Super Bowl but when it was clear the team had the foundation for a long successful run of relevance and competitiveness.

I like the look of the away uniforms Gilmore has on, but the home “pajama” look with Blue on Blue is just plain old bad.

If they added Grey or White pants for the home Blues, I’d be much more content.

Add a White helmet and the old school Red jersey and I’d be ecstatic.

Browns fans may have gotten orange pants by complaining. Maybe we can do the same to get silver or white.

Not a fan of those squared off shoulder stripes, whoopie, I get it, "color rush." Feh, just not my cup of tea. What even are those, just a statement of "We like blocks of color now"?

But hey to each their own if we're arguing about shoulder stripes.

As for that tweet showing 12 in his idea of a sick uni, yes we do need something like that, but he's in freakin TAMPA now.

I like the look of the away uniforms Gilmore has on, but the home “pajama” look with Blue on Blue is just plain old bad.

If they added Grey or White pants for the home Blues, I’d be much more content.

Add a White helmet and the old school Red jersey and I’d be ecstatic.

Flying Elvis made out of a skull and flames coming off it, d%#*!@t

I dislike them

For ****s n giggles I went on NFL Shop Canada and you can only get them on the US site... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3