PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Long Live the Butt Fumble" -- ESPN Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamplay

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
"Think we've put this, ahem, behind us? Think again. On its fifth anniversary, we proudly present the definitive oral history of the best worst play in football."

Long Live the Butt Fumble

Oh, brother, a tale told well. It's been posted in the infinitely long Jets Suck thread, but desires its own thread and I didn't see one (apologies if I missed it).

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

this part from steve gregory is hilarious:

Gregory: When Thanksgiving rolls around, here comes 50 or 60 text messages from all my buddies: "Remember the Butt Fumble?" Thanksgiving is Butt Fumble. Every Thanksgiving, we re-enact the Butt Fumble. Usually my wife plays Mark Sanchez. I play me. We line my father up as an offensive lineman, and we take my mother and put her on the defensive line. She knocks my dad back, my wife runs into him, she fumbles, I pick it up and score. Then we go eat turkey ... Come on, I'm joking. We don't do that.

one of the all time great moments in sports belongs to the jets

Joe Namath guaranteeing victory.....and then coming through

the stuff legends are made of

I read it I'm sorry. I even watched BSPN talk about it. I had to!:oops:
I didn't even wash myself afterwards...:confused:

Best part was on BSPN, Woodson wanted to know what Fireman Ed thought about it all. And then Sexy Rexy dissed Fireman Ed saying how he bailed on the team and then came back. Then Woodson or someone else was like "wait what?" and Rex was like "I don't know."

Too bad Rex didn't elaborate how FIreman Ed quit on his team on that very night at half time. I really don't understand how rats fans were ok with letting a quitter lead the JETS chant. I guess they just like quitters and losers...o_O

one of the all time great moments in sports belongs to the jets

Joe Namath guaranteeing victory.....and then coming through

the stuff legends are made of

Were you even alive when that happened? It's funny how you have to watch black and white TV footage to see your team's peak accomplishment.

Here's a little trip down memory lane for ya. Maybe you could show this stuff to the "Rich Stock Guys" that embarrassed you the other day.

upload_2017-11-19_15-25-43.png

upload_2017-11-19_16-16-4.png

upload_2017-11-19_16-16-41.png

Just in case you missed the last image's reference:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes