PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

****** long distance requested separate Patriots cut thread ******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Austin Carr made the Saints. That's one scenario for Weeks 1-4 busted.

Austin Carr made the Saints. That's one scenario for Weeks 1-4 busted.
Reiss hinted Pats weren’t that big on him. Seems like another Bam Childress, I’ll wait for him to do something in a real game first.

Saw that but reporter hinted it could still happen. You’d have to think JMac would have been cut by now if they were debating on not keeping him still despite making the initial 53.

Oh I misunderstood your first post. I agree

Agree with Hammerman's point.

Davis and Rivers haven't proven anything so it's a stretch to call them good depth

Good potential depth perhaps but it's easy to see one or both of those guys washing out quickly. Preseason results do not always (and often don't) carry over to regular season

Davis and Rivers haven't proven anything so it's a stretch to call them good depth

Good potential depth perhaps but it's easy to see one or both of those guys washing out quickly. Preseason results do not always (and often don't) carry over to regular season

Question is, am I happier at this point of this season compared to this point of the last season and it's a resounding yes. Sure, the games still need to be played but my confidence levels are a lot higher.

Tobin had a very solid camp. Thought they could get some trade value there if not keeping him.
Lets see about Schwenke..

Question is, am I happier at this point of this season compared to this point of the last season and it's a resounding yes. Sure, the games still need to be played but my confidence levels are a lot higher.

I’m happier with the D so far. Not sure about the O.

I’m happier with the D so far. Not sure about the O.

Hmmm. I understand the concerns about the WR corps, but this offence will still be the better unit than the D (it almost always is). But I'm happier about the pass rush this year.

So Keion Crossen makes the team as of now? he looked pretty good in the last two preseason games.

Even when he got torched, I think there's some positive takeaway to be had from the fact that he rebounded and played well over the rest of that game and the next week. Obviously it would be better if he hadn't got torched in the first place, but corners need to be able to rebound like that. Between Crossen and Jackson there's at least a reasonable chance that the Pats have found another late-round solid corner after Butler and Jones, which at least mitigates how bad they've been at drafting secondary in the 2nd.

I'm still wary of the LB situation, although if Hightower can at least stay even reasonably healthy this year that'll be an automatic improvement over last year. If Bentley is for real, then I'll feel okay.

Even when he got torched, I think there's some positive takeaway to be had from the fact that he rebounded and played well over the rest of that game and the next week. Obviously it would be better if he hadn't got torched in the first place, but corners need to be able to rebound like that. Between Crossen and Jackson there's at least a reasonable chance that the Pats have found another late-round solid corner after Butler and Jones, which at least mitigates how bad they've been at drafting secondary in the 2nd.

Crossen seemed to be in position most of those plays during his really bad game but wasn't looking back for the ball. From the outside looking in, having never played corner or organized football in general, I feel like that's a more coachable situation than just being burned because of a lack of speed and quickness to adjust to the opposing receiver.

Yep, at the time even Captain Stone said he understood the pick. It turned out disastrously, but not because of "reaching."

Captain Stone was fine with Cyrus when a bunch of other people wanted no part of the guy and were hammering his issues at Alabama? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I don't remember that.

Edit: Saw the follow up. good stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents