PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LOL: Irsay’s goal is to win 3 Super Bowls in a row

Wasnt it an 8 team league at the time? Those don't count in my eyes.. with such a small pool of competition, any team that got a leg up would dominate for an extended period of time
True but I was responding to Flash's comment that it hadn't happened," in the history of the NFL" and I noted that it had happened. Make it post-merger or in "Super Bowl era" and it's true...

Guess the colts better get started...

there is only one instance when you're allowed to say something like this, and it applies to everyone, including our own GOATs:

after you've won two back to back SBs

there is only one instance when you're allowed to say something like this, and it applies to everyone, including our own GOATs:

after you've won two back to back SBs

To even win 2 back to back, you must win 1.

banner.jpg

I thought that this was the bottom of the barrel for this horrible, sad sack, laughing stock franchise. I was wrong.

Put down the crack pipe jim.

Whatever though. When Armstrong wanted to go to the moon, everyone laughed but now he’s up there laughing at them

Last edited:
Wasnt it an 8 team league at the time? Those don't count in my eyes.. with such a small pool of competition, any team that got a leg up would dominate for an extended period of time
Can you imagine Bill in an 8 team league? It would be over before it began.

Here's 2 bowls for Jim and they are super bowls for a cocaine lover.

article-0-0D35D3AB00000578-934_634x358.jpg

Can you imagine Bill in an 8 team league? It would be over before it began.
Hmmmm, interesting thought. I think maybe a greater concentration of talent could actually make it harder to win consistently in that kind of setting. In the current league it’s so spread out coaching makes a bigger difference I think.

Packers won nfl championship as part of a 14 team league, 2 divisions each of 7 teams. 3 teams shy of the current afc and nfc conferences. They did dominate the nfl mid 60s, just like pats are doing now

Packers won nfl championship as part of a 14 team league, 2 divisions each of 7 teams. 3 teams shy of the current afc and nfc conferences. They did dominate the nfl mid 60s, just like pats are doing now
Yea I hate that argument.. The Packers didn't control the size of the league or who they played. Just a cheap shot like those who try to discredit the 60's Celtics, or the Pats for playing in the AFCE.

Yea I hate that argument.. The Packers didn't control the size of the league or who they played. Just a cheap shot like those who try to discredit the 60's Celtics, or the Pats for playing in the AFCE.
The amazing thing to me about Russell's Celtics beyond just the 11 out of 13, is the fact that nearly his entire career Wilt Chamberlin was in the NBA. The fact that Wilt only got the best of Russell once in all those years in an 8 team league is absurd.

And the fact that only once during that period did a coach or organization manage to find a way with Wilt. Russell and the Celtics just beat him with team, running, and Wilt just got his stats and token wins basically. It is astonishing to me that Wilt did not have more success in an 8 team league. It speaks even more to the greatness of those 60s Celtics teams.

Last edited:

The amazing thing to me about Russell's Celtics beyond just the 11 out of 13, is the fact that nearly his entire career Wilt Chamberlin was in the NBA. The fact that Wilt only got the best of Russell once in all those years in an 8 team league is absurd.

And the fact that only once during that period did a coach or organization not manage to find a way with Wilt. Russell and the Celtics just beat him with team, running, and Wilt just got his basically. It is astonishing to me that Wilt did not have more success in an 8 team league. It speaks even more to the greatness of those 60s Celtics teams.

Even though there were 1/2 the number of teams there are now the collective talent was more concentrated per team and not as watered down as it is today.

Besides, if it was so friggin easy for great teams to be dynasties there would be more of them.

Even though there were 1/2 the number of teams there are now the collective talent was more concentrated per team and not as watered down as it is today.

Besides, if it was so friggin easy for great teams to be dynasties there would be more of them.
It is also awesome that the Lakers did basically manage to dominate the West, but had to lose to the Celtics 7 times to 0 in that span. at least 62 and 69 went 7 games too. So the 60s Lakers were the "missing Dynasty"

Irsay only said Super Bowls not Lombardi trophies.

32384430-studio-shoot-with-model-simulating-smoking-pot-with-a-pipe-in-a-dark-high-contrast-image.jpg

tl-horizontal_main.jpg

tl-horizontal_main.jpg

It is also awesome that the Lakers did basically manage to dominate the West, but had to lose to the Celtics 7 times to 0 in that span. at least 62 and 69 went 7 games too. So the 60s Lakers were the "missing Dynasty"
They had a couple of down years in the 60s too.

Jerry West & Elgin Baylor.....0 titles.

Still incredible.

They had a couple of down years in the 60s too.

Jerry West & Elgin Baylor.....0 titles.

Still incredible.

Particularly the '69 season when the Lakers had Wilt to go along with those two and still lost a game 7 at home... the owner Jack Kent Cooke had balloons in the rafters ready to drop....

Particularly the '69 season when the Lakers had Wilt to go along with those two and still lost a game 7 at home... the owner Jack Kent Cooke had balloons in the rafters ready to drop....
That entire Game 7 is in YouTube. If that is Russell at 34 I can't imagine what he was like at 24.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back