PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LOL @Angry OBJ "Players don't create distractions; the media does by reporting on it"

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is absurd. How can you proclaim he is a cancer when there is no evidence of that. It's a team game. They had the worst defense in football last year. Nothing to do with him
Why are you defending a multiple juvenile offender?

Belichick would dump his ass in a heart beat

He's cancer on steroids

He's been given too many chances and has shown he's nothing but a spoiled baby

I hope he cried like a baby last night
That line was in reference to him not ruining the team.

Because saying he's a cancer is illogical. You have nothing to prove he's causing chemistry issues or is a problem in the locker room

Calling OBJ a cancer is nothing new; this has been a widely shared, oft-expressed opinion for years.

OBJ continually makes himself the story; he's not a team first kind of player or person. He's immature. He's very up one day and very down the next. He is the definition of a diva. This is all part of what makes him a cancer on the team.

Sorry that this doesn't match your impression.

not a fan of this clown, all the skill in the world, none of the character it takes to be a champion......but he does sort of have a point, albeit lost in his childish, hey look at me rantings

Calling OBJ a cancer is nothing new; this has been a widely shared, oft-expressed opinion for years.

OBJ continually makes himself the story; he's not a team first kind of player or person. He's immature. He's very up one day and very down the next. He is the definition of a diva. This is all part of what makes him a cancer on the team.

Sorry that this doesn't match your impression.
His actions haven't ruined team chemistry or caused a locker room issue to anyone's knowledge. Could it happen. Absolutely. Has it? No. Is it better to be proactive than reactive. Yes. Your guess or anyone else's is guess is as good as mine. There is no proof or facts that he's a cancer to his team

His actions haven't ruined team chemistry or caused a locker room issue to anyone's knowledge. Could it happen. Absolutely. Has it? No. Is it better to be proactive than reactive. Yes. Your guess or anyone else's is guess is as good as mine. There is no proof or facts that he's a cancer to his team

Some coaches take chances with that type of behavior and focus, some don't. Fortunately, ours doesn't.

Remember when we were doomed because we traded our most athletic player?

For some reason he doesn't really bother me. I think he's an immense talent, he's off to an incredible start to his career, and he's fun to watch. I hardly pay attention to the mainstream media so I guess I don't get much exposure to him. He just seems like he's emotionally immature to me, but that's hardly a unique quality for a wide receiver, which seems to be littered with divas throughout the last couple decades. Maybe I"m just desensitized to it.

At the end of the day he punched a hole in the wall. The amount of reporting this is getting is ridiculous. It was hot-headed and he lost his composure, but you'd think he knocked out a reporter with how much press this is getting.

For some reason he doesn't really bother me. I think he's an immense talent, he's off to an incredible start to his career, and he's fun to watch. I hardly pay attention to the mainstream media so I guess I don't get much exposure to him. He just seems like he's emotionally immature to me, but that's hardly a unique quality for a wide receiver, which seems to be littered with divas throughout the last couple decades. Maybe I"m just desensitized to it.

At the end of the day he punched a hole in the wall. The amount of reporting this is getting is ridiculous. It was hot-headed and he lost his composure, but you'd think he knocked out a reporter with how much press this is getting.
Whether it bothers you or not is irrelevant to anything

He didn't just punch a hole in the wall. He also

-went to Florida last Monday
-punched the kicking net during a game
-Got into altercations during games
-Has repeatly cried after games and had to be controlled

If he was on the Pats, he'd be gone. No one wants a highly emotional man on their team

Adults control emotion

-went to Florida last Monday
-punched the kicking net during a game
-Got into altercations during games
-Has repeatly cried after games and had to be controlled
I'm sorry but this sounds like hyperbole to me.

He "punched a kicking net"? Oh, no, the humanity! How many times have we seen a football player slam a helmet down, break a baseball bat over their knee (Papi has done this countless times), go to town on a Gatorade dispenser, etc? Tom Brady and Bill O'Brien had a silly screaming, well-publicized hissy fit, Bill Belichick slammed his $1000 Surface Pro onto a table out of frustration, etc. It's sports -- people get passionate and heated.

My opinion is that OBJ is excessively vilified because he plays in a big market and because he brings some of it on himself with how loud/brash he is. Yes, he is a diva, but nothing he did yesterday was particularly outrageous to me.

And for that matter, not sure what kind of silly response "whether it bothers you or not is irrelevant" is. I don't accept the narrative that the media jams down our throat; that is totally relevant -- it's called "an opinion". I don't think what he did warrants the coverage. 95% of this board is hyper-sensitive anytime the media says anything remotely negative about the Patriots or one of our players, which is sometimes justified, because they oftentimes sensationalize stories. I don't think this is any different.

Andre Johnson exchanging blows with Cortland Finnegan -- that to me a million times more worse than anything OBJ did yesterday.

OBJ is the hashinshin of the nfl.

weird how all of his 'outbursts' and even his 'parties' occur when there are cameras around?

he's an attention whore, more concerned with his 'brand' than his team's success

I'm sorry but this sounds like hyperbole to me.

He "punched a kicking net"? Oh, no, the humanity! How many times have we seen a football player slam a helmet down, break a baseball bat over their knee (Papi has done this countless times), go to town on a Gatorade dispenser, etc? Tom Brady and Bill O'Brien had a silly screaming, well-publicized hissy fit, Bill Belichick slammed his $1000 Surface Pro onto a table out of frustration, etc. It's sports -- people get passionate and heated.

My opinion is that OBJ is excessively vilified because he plays in a big market and because he brings some of it on himself with how loud/brash he is. Yes, he is a diva, but nothing he did yesterday was particularly outrageous to me.

And for that matter, not sure what kind of silly response "whether it bothers you or not is irrelevant" is. I don't accept the narrative that the media jams down our throat; that is totally relevant -- it's called "an opinion". I don't think what he did warrants the coverage. 95% of this board is hyper-sensitive anytime the media says anything remotely negative about the Patriots or one of our players, which is sometimes justified, because they oftentimes sensationalize stories. I don't think this is any different.

Andre Johnson exchanging blows with Cortland Finnegan -- that to me a million times more worse than anything OBJ did yesterday.
Seems like you've never played a team sport.

TEAM is everything and the individual means little. Compare Brady's maturity to OB's. It's night & day

I don't care for him simply because i can't stand it when players become attention whores that try to wrestle the spotlight away from the team and attempt to turn it into the OBJ show. I mean ffs coming out of the gate dancing? Who the fark are you an NFL player or or Ellen? I prefer guys who celebrate by spiking the ball, or headbutting each other, or sitting next to a musketeer. Not the desperate for attention show boaters who simulate shining a moon or lewd stuff (I know,, that was Brown). I felt the same way about TO and that stupid Sharpie and popcorn crap. I prefer the NFL not the WWF. HE may have all the talent in the world, but he's probably better suited to star on an MTV reality show. Him and TO can do a Beavis and Buthead type show where they critique high school football games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes