PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Logan Ryan is a clown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is this an issue? He celebrated scoring a pick 6 (as a rookie) against our biggest rivals, in their stadium, do you expect him to just run the ball into the endzone and then walk back to the sideline as though nothing happened? Celebrating etc is part of the game, it's called passion.

I agree with you, Nut. And that's a lovely signature you have at the bottom of every post! :D

Now you are not going to say you didn't notice that little guy after being here for 7 years?

He goes away during the the off season to get hydrated.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Logan Ryan is a clown

Looked back 3 pages or so and didn't see this mentioned in a thread. Logan Ryan's crotch grab dive into the end zone was totally classless. Ridley's high stepping wasn't much better.
I hope BB rips them new ones.

He ran 80+ yards I'm not surprised he had to adjust himself.

People ask "who cares". I do.

I hope that BB takes these guys aside and remind them that they are pro football players and to act professional. Act like you've been there before and that you belong. There are all kinds of different ways to express excitement when scoring, without it being disrespectful or gross.

I hope you stay like this Mr. Everything needs to be right and professional. Ask the all time Pats greats Bruschi, Harrison and others what happens in a pile and how you get a RB to let the ball go. The crotch grabbing, squeezing to let that ball go etc.

You live in a dream world I hope you stay like that. This is a dirty physical game. DId he need to grab his crotch? No i can do without it but it is what it is.

This is the New England Patriots. This the team that others leave or retire from and speak of the business of winning, the singular focus of winning, a professional approach to your responsibilities. This is the team that pundits can't figure out why so called "troublemakers" come here and usually are no longer troublemakers. This is a team that wins much more frequently off others mistakes than they off the Patriots. Etc etc etc. It all matters, it's all connected.

Not talking trash in the press about the opponent. Not talking about your injury. Memorizing the company line. It's all connected. Much of it comes down from the Brown school of football. Again it's about putting the business of winning as the first, second and third most important thing. And as much as those who would like to believe that just about anything goes for post score (or just about to score) behavior and it means nothing, it is actually all connected. If you fail to see that I have no idea what team you have been watching these past 13 years. And as small an effect things like this have, it all matters on a team that is put together and run like this.

unless you're down big you should celebrate every big play you make. BB said something like this when he was speaking to the Rutgers football team (pretty sure its in his football life special). If you aren't having fun playing football you shouldn't be playing. I have to say, the culture on this message board and at Gillette stadium is totally different from that of the NFL's.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/a-football-life/09000d5d821d0244/Bill-Belichick-A-Football-Life

"you should be excited when you make a play"

I wonder how many times Bill has told Gronkowski to "act like he's done it before", or Hernandez (when he was here) or any of the other players who've celebrated a touchdown. Let the kids have fun, they are professionals but they are also play a game for a living.

edit 2:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3JTj5rIdCuo/TtfK5wRMuYI/AAAAAAAAAtY/IH6A-_nDicw/s1600/Marshawn-Lynch-hold-my-****.jpg

not a fan either, at all, ...I am kinda old school though, let your play do the talking

Old school? Old school is where all the taunting, massive celebrations, nasty remarks, throat slashing gestures came from...........:rolleyes:

unless you're down big you should celebrate every big play you make. BB said something like this when he was speaking to the Rutgers football team (pretty sure its in his football life special). If you aren't having fun playing football you shouldn't be playing. I have to say, the culture on this message board and at Gillette stadium is totally different from that of the NFL's.

Bill Belichick: A Football Life - NFL Videos

I wonder how many times Bill has told Gronkowski to "act like he's done it before", or Hernandez (when he was here) or any of the other players who've celebrated a touchdown. Let the kids have fun, they are professionals but they are also play a game for a living.

edit 2:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3JTj5rIdCuo/TtfK5wRMuYI/AAAAAAAAAtY/IH6A-_nDicw/s1600/Marshawn-Lynch-hold-my-****.jpg

Yeah but Hernandez acted like he did it before because he did it twice before.

Too soon?

Re: Re: Logan Ryan is a clown

People ask "who cares". I do.

I hope that BB takes these guys aside and remind them that they are pro football players and to act professional. Act like you've been there before and that you belong. There are all kinds of different ways to express excitement when scoring, without it being disrespectful or gross.

I agree I hope he takes them aside and tells them to knock it off, honestly I had a bigger issue with Ridley slowing up to create contact which isn't a brite idea for a guy who fumbled earlier this year without contact, I would prefer he just get his ass to the end zone as quickly as possible.

In terms of Ryan that was a trashy move and not something a rookie getting his first opportunity to play significant snaps should be doing. He should have ran 100% all the way to the end zone and did a respectful celebration and got off the field. I am all for the competitive statement but it shouldn't come in the form of the #4 CB who is a rookie grabbing is **** in the first quarter.

This is the New England Patriots. This the team that others leave or retire from and speak of the business of winning, the singular focus of winning, a professional approach to your responsibilities. This is the team that pundits can't figure out why so called "troublemakers" come here and usually are no longer troublemakers. This is a team that wins much more frequently off others mistakes than they off the Patriots. Etc etc etc. It all matters, it's all connected.

Not talking trash in the press about the opponent. Not talking about your injury. Memorizing the company line. It's all connected. Much of it comes down from the Brown school of football. Again it's about putting the business of winning as the first, second and third most important thing. And as much as those who would like to believe that just about anything goes for post score (or just about to score) behavior and it means nothing, it is actually all connected. If you fail to see that I have no idea what team you have been watching these past 13 years. And as small an effect things like this have, it all matters on a team that is put together and run like this.

I agree with everything you say here. I also think that there can be a nitpicking aspect with some of this stuff too, and that we may have needed more "swagger" (sigh...yes I went there) to our defense at times.

In my opinion there is some sort of line that shouldn't be crossed, and if there is we can only hope that Belichick will address it when he reviews film.

That said, I think that this comes low on the list of priorities at the moment--even though I want to be able to continue the positivity that you spoke of in your comment that I quoted. At the moment we need to figure out how to protect our franchise HOF quarterback, run the ball effectively, catch the ball effectively, utilize our TE's again, stop the run, stop the pass, and execute to the best of the team's ability. In other words, they need to go back to playing Patriots football again in all phases of the game. Either that, or we can expect another wildcard or divisional round loss come January again.

at the end of the day its still a kids game let them have fun

Who cares? You're probably the type of geezer who yells at kids for setting a foot on their lawn.

The crotch grab was a reference to a funny Madden NFL video game clip

Yells? I give them an ass full of buckshot.

Bill Belichick: A Football Life - NFL Videos

edit 2:

You're making way too much sense here.

I think the fact that he is the number 4 CB and not getting much playing time makes it more acceptable to celebrate like that, he might never make a play like that again

I think the fact that he is the number 4 CB and not getting much playing time makes it more acceptable to celebrate like that, he might never make a play like that again

Seriously every Good dream of making plays like that...he jumped the WR's route and picked off the Football cleanly, that shows good ball hawking skills. I would like to see him out there more so he can make plays like that again. Logan Ryan might have better hands than our Rookie Wide outs.

Looked back 3 pages or so and didn't see this mentioned in a thread. Logan Ryan's crotch grab dive into the end zone was totally classless. Ridley's high stepping wasn't much better.
I hope BB rips them new ones.

Wow. get with the times bro.

Really a non issue.

Seriously every Good dream of making plays like that...he jumped the WR's route and picked off the Football cleanly, that shows good ball hawking skills. I would like to see him out there more so he can make plays like that again. Logan Ryan might have better hands than our Rookie Wide outs.

He actually double caught it, so he would fit right in with the WRs. :D

Logan Ryan fined 10K for 'vulgar celebration after pick-6 vs. Jets, according to ProFootballTalk'.

Give me a fcking break. I've seen much worse, go unnoticed. :mad:

If he can get a pick six every game I don't care if his hand cramps up from all the crotch grabbing he's done. Just win!

PS Ever heard of Michael Jackson? You act like this crotch grabbing is some kind of new fangled thing?? LOL

Guys that was a negative class play which reduced our overall CPP (class per play) considerably.

Brady is currently operating at 6 CPA (Class per attempt) which is really low the only saving grace we have is Ridley's high CAC (Class after contact) which is elevating the offense's over all class output.

Honestly looking at his combine stats for demeanor and humility I think we should have expected a lot more class producing plays out of Logan Ryan.

I think he's in danger of being cut for a more classy player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes