PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lip reading Brady and McDaniels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagg

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Been watching sports talk on Fs1 all day and they showed the Brady Mcd Clip 100 times.

Pretty sure McDaniels is saying with his last words "Wide Open" and then Brady says something followed by 3 FUs(at least 2).

If anyone else has a better take on that subject Im open to hearing it. I think thats all it was. Mcd thought he called the right play and Brady missed the deep in (which he did) and then Mcd gave him **** for it and brady wasnt having it (clearly frustrated from all the fgs)

Been watching sports talk on Fs1 all day and they showed the Brady Mcd Clip 100 times.

Pretty sure McDaniels is saying with his last words "Wide Open" and then Brady says something followed by 3 FUs(at least 2).

If anyone else has a better take on that subject Im open to hearing it. I think thats all it was. Mcd thought he called the right play and Brady missed the deep in (which he did) and then Mcd gave him **** for it and brady wasnt having it (clearly frustrated from all the fgs)
I think its all Brian Hoyer's fault. This always seems to be happening when he is around.

On tv before the fight ensued the camera panned for a moment to a wide open receiver near the left side line about 20 yds. down the field. I honestly thought at the time that it was Dwayne Allen, but I guess it was Gronk. You can tell Josh is saying, "he was wide open," more than once. Brady obviously gets mad and lets go with a stream of expletives. Probably because he is mad he didn't notice the open receiver, and because Josh is calling him out. I have no doubt they moved on pretty quickly. Brady did not have a great game yesterday, but it was really windy and doesn't Buffalo have some sort of weird "crown" in the middle of the field? Glad the running game was good and things were better in the 2nd half.

On tv before the fight ensued the camera panned for a moment to a wide open receiver near the left side line about 20 yds. down the field. I honestly thought at the time that it was Dwayne Allen, but I guess it was Gronk. You can tell Josh is saying, "he was wide open," more than once. Brady obviously gets mad and lets go with a stream of expletives. Probably because he is mad he didn't notice the open receiver, and because Josh is calling him out. I have no doubt they moved on pretty quickly. Brady did not have a great game yesterday, but it was really windy and doesn't Buffalo have some sort of weird "crown" in the middle of the field? Glad the running game was good and things were better in the 2nd half.
Right or wrong, I was under the impression that the open receiver was whomever was running the crosser in the middle of the field, which would be either Cooks or Dorsett. I think there was a time period of a second or two where he could’ve made the completion very easily. I’m interested in seeing if Gronk was another player who was open down the sideline, as well. Good catch. I’m sure we’ll be dissecting it in the review thread.

Everyone on that sideline is super competitive and wants to win. This will happen sometimes in the heat of the moment. They are very good friends and will stay so. They also have a lot of respect for each other from a football IQ perspective.

I am an expert lip reader

Josh: Avocados suck, Tom. Beer and pretzels on game days

Tom: Free radicals are going to kill you, Josh!

Josh: I don’t care, avocados suck, and even if they didn’t, they have no business in ice cream. Plus I dip the pretzels in cheese sauce!

Tom: Free radicals, Josh…. FREE EFFIN RADICALS! They’re gonna bust you up some day! EFF your dairy, EFF your beer! I want you to LIVE, man!

Last edited:
Right or wrong, I was under the impression that the open receiver was whomever was running the crosser in the middle of the field, which would be either Cooks or Dorsett. I think there was a time period of a second or two where he could’ve made the completion very easily. I’m interested in seeing if Gronk was another player who was open down the sideline, as well. Good catch. I’m sure we’ll be dissecting it in the review thread.
Cooks and Dorsett were both uncovered, Gronk breaking open. Dorsett appeared to have a likely TD. No targets doesn't mean he didn't do his job.

DO WE THINK BRADY IS LOCKING ON TO COOKS LMAO

Cooks and Dorsett were both uncovered, Gronk breaking open. Dorsett appeared to have a likely TD. No targets doesn't mean he didn't do his job.
Anyone have a clip of the play to post?

"You will attack your OC. You will attack your OC."
Brian-Hoyer.jpg

This might be a fun place to leave this... I'm pretty sure other people found this before I did but I found it amusing

At the 38:50 mark. "We did it Josh! We did it!" Famous quote, right?

Well if you watch Brady's mouth... the producers of Do Your Job kinda... left a word out. See if you guys can spot it.

No video, but here's an old fashioned photo. It's what we might call a target rich environment:

I was talking about whomever is in the top circle of this photo. Thought it was Allen, then somebody says it was Gronk, but now it appears it was Cooks or Dorsett. As you can see, Josh was right and he's wide open. !@#!@#$ You Josh!! ;-)

I just love it.

5 titles under his belt and on his way to a blowout, and he gets spitting mad because he's called out for missing a wide open Dorsett and knows that he screwed up. The fire is 100% still there.

It could be a lot worse- could be a Cutler "Whatever" shrug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back