PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Random Thoughts and GIFS - Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNathanDrake

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
- Deatrich Wise Jr came up big on 3rd downs. I cant believe we've struck gold TWICE now with DE's from Arkansas in the 4th rd. He looks like a legit force to be reckoned with. I was starting to think our Pass rush was toast and the only guy that would get pressure all season would be Flowers. One thing is already certain, Wise isnt a bust like Shawn Crable or Jermaine Cunningham. We needed someone to step up big time and it looks like Wise is answering the call. I can't remember the last time a mid round pass rusher had any impact for the Patriots in his rookie year. Even Flowers redshirted yard 1. 6'5 275 with long arms and hands. People are going to be wondering how Wise was still around in the 4th rd. It's premature but if he plays like this throughout the year, he will be a candidate for DROY.
AfraidImmaculateCarp-size_restricted.gif

PerfectSmallCoqui-size_restricted.gif

-Dorsett for Brissett was a good trade for both teams. Dorsett is going to break out with the Pats and make a name for himself. BB most likely had an eye on him the year he got drafted and scouted him heavily back then. Its about time we got some speed on our offense. With all the injuries at WR this is looking like a genius move already. It looks like Dorsett and Brady already have some chemistry as he hit him with a couple good passes.
MaleSardonicArizonaalligatorlizard-size_restricted.gif

-Cooks will get there. Give it some time for him and Brady to get on the same page. He's too talented to not break out. Last week he had 88 yards and caused some big penalties that resulted in big yards. Dont write him off after one down game.

-We're going to miss Blount. He was the game closer. The guy that beaten defenses didnt want to tackle late in games. Blount took over some games in Nov/Dec. Gillislee looks decent so far but he's a totally different back and right now I'm not convinced he can be that #1 guy that Blount was when called upon.

-Great game by Josh McDaniels. Creative play calling and he knew when to turn it down and run the clock out. Something he doesnt always do.

-Pats need to make a new rule. If we're up by 2 TD's in the 2nd half, Gronk is only on the field as a distraction. He's just too fragile and too valuable!

-The Saint are such a bad fit for AP. He should be done after this year. Didnt see the explosion he used to have.

-James White has taken his game to another level. His confidence must be at an all time high since the SB. Looked really good today and I'm expecting him to have his best season yet. He will get a lot of targets on 3rd down with Edelman gone for the year. Over 1,000 all purpose yards maybe.
OptimalKindAztecant-size_restricted.gif

(GIFs thanks to @timnog on reddit)

Flowers red shirted but he showed promise too in the pre season just like Wise did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents