PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lions not an easy W for Jets either

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jets should still win that game. Detroit is still learning and they're bound to come back to reality sooner rather than later.

Att the risk of jinxing the Pats in the Thanksgiving game, I like seeing a competitive Lions team. It's not good for the league to have one team stuck as a perennial cellar dweller.

Agreed. Saw the lions play the Eagles. They are a vastly improved team with no quitting. And Suh is the real deal. This will not be an easy win for the Pats or the Jets for that matter.

The Lions seem to play hard and right to the very end. Every team has talent and those that play the hardest and are well coached always have a chance.

Not that the record makes them a better team per se but they should also have another W from the Bears game imo

The Lions D-Line is playing really well right now. They are going to do exactly what the packers did...Shut down the run and put pressure on Sanchez to make decisions. I don't know if he's capable of doing that yet.

A Mangini BYE week is not a BB BYE week.....

Mangini does not scare me.:D bring it on ratman:cool:

last time mangini had a bye vs BB he came upto foxboro and beat the pats. it was the last game the pats played on grass before they ripped up the field in 2 weeks before the bears game.

The Jets should still win this game, but their last two games they are turning into the team many of us thought they would be - a team with a great defense and a horrible offense. Since the second half of the Vikes game, the running game has stalled (although their numbers were good vs. Denver, they got most of them in the fourth quarter), Sanchez has been off, and the receivers aren't catching balls.

The Lions have been in most of their games and finding ways to lose. They were only really blown out by the Vikings this season. They have a pretty good offense (6th in points scored). They aren't horrible, but still not quite over the hump. They can still sneak up on a good team that is struggling like the Jets have the last three games.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Lions won, but I definitely wouldn't bet on them winning. With as banged up as Green Bay is, I didn't think they could beat the Jets either.

Last edited:
The Jets should still win this game, but their last two games they are turning into the team many of us thought they would be - a team with a great defense and a horrible offense. Since the second half of the Vikes game, the running game has stalled (although their numbers were good vs. Denver, they got most of them in the fourth quarter), Sanchez has been off, and the receivers aren't catching balls.

The Lions have been in most of their games and finding ways to lose. They were only really blown out by the Vikings this season. They have a pretty good offense (6th in points scored). They aren't horrible, but still not quite over the hump. They can still sneak up on a good team that is struggling like the Jets have the last three games.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Lions won, but I definitely wouldn't bet on them winning. With as banged up as Green Bay is, I didn't think they could beat the Jets either.
i think St louis blew them out as well if iam not mistaken...

I was looking at this matchup too since the Lions have played everybody tough. The one thing that stands out is their rush defense is awful and I think to beat the Jets you have to stop the run and make Sanchez beat you. Granted the Packers were pretty bad going into the Jets game and came up huge. So if Detroit can stop the run they have a shot. LT's numbers appear to be sliding a bit so hopefully that trend continues.

Also looking forward to Revis covering Calvin Johnson.

I'm looking foward to N Suh against the jets O-line

Wouldn't be surprised to see Cro covering him.

God that would be priceless. CJ Jr is the real deal. Cromarties shoddy technique would be LOLz vs him. Cro is good at covering one dimensional route runners (Sorry Moss) but anyone with good technique tools him. Not to mention CJ is pretty physical, I'm not looking forward to McCourty on him. You can just lob it up to him and hell get it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore