PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lions not an easy W for Jets either

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew4008

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
After that offensive debacle, the Jets have to go into Detroit (back to back home games for them) who is playing their best football right now. Finally stopping the run with Suh and company (15 carries for 35 yards from the Skins backs), and their passing game really looks like it has the potential to cause the Jets defensive backfield some problems.

I think I almost get happier seeing the Jets lose than I do when we win haha, so it would be just awesome if they could lose back to back.

After that offensive debacle, the Jets have to go into Detroit (back to back home games for them) who is playing their best football right now. Finally stopping the run with Suh and company (15 carries for 35 yards from the Skins backs), and their passing game really looks like it has the potential to cause the Jets defensive backfield some problems.

I think I almost get happier seeing the Jets lose than I do when we win haha, so it would be just awesome if they could lose back to back.

Well, Let's not give Detroit too much credit. The Washington RBs were Ryan Torain and Keiland WIlliams. Not Clinton Portis and Ladell Betts.

That being said, I think that the Jets are going to be a very good test for the Lions.

This is probably worthy of a thread initself...

but the Jets were ONE stupid pass interference call from being a 4-3 team and heading out to Detroit that is playing its best football in years.....a team that definately could knock off the Jets with a little luck....putting the ridiculously overhyped Jets at 4-4......

Megatron on Revis should be priceless.

As fast as Moss with four times the physicality. Gonna be hilarious.

This is probably worthy of a thread initself...

but the Jets were ONE stupid pass interference call from being a 4-3 team and heading out to Detroit that is playing its best football in years.....a team that definately could knock off the Jets with a little luck....putting the ridiculously overhyped Jets at 4-4......
How about this.
A year ago the Jets were 4-3 and had scored 152 points.
Without that pass interference which was on a 4th down prayer heave and would never have been caught, they would be 4-3 with 152 points scored.
(last year they had allowed 104 points,this year 110)

Last year 4-3 became 4-6 then 7-7 before the gift wins.

I'm not seeing the great improvement everyone keeps telling me I am supposed to see.

Att the risk of jinxing the Pats in the Thanksgiving game, I like seeing a competitive Lions team. It's not good for the league to have one team stuck as a perennial cellar dweller.

I think the jets will win but i just hope that detroit doesnt roll over.I think the lions pass rush has gotten better with Suh in that line.

How about this.
A year ago the Jets were 4-3 and had scored 152 points.
Without that pass interference which was on a 4th down prayer heave and would never have been caught, they would be 4-3 with 152 points scored.
(last year they had allowed 104 points,this year 110)

Last year 4-3 became 4-6 then 7-7 before the gift wins.

I'm not seeing the great improvement everyone keeps telling me I am supposed to see.

Completely agree....

And nice work on pulling out the stats...similarities are frightening!!

Completely agree....

And nice work on pulling out the stats...similarities are frightening!!
And I won't mention that the key to their success so far has been LT who I would be shocked if he can hold up for a whole season being effective at his age.

I think that the Jets are going to be a very good test for the Lions.

Yes, agreed. The Green Beans' young, developmental quarterback will have his hands full -- same as every week. ;)

Won't be an easy win for them or us IMO. These aren't the Lions we're accustomed to

Won't be an easy win for them or us IMO. These aren't the Lions we're accustomed to

Amen; this is the trap game for us, if any. Lousy Lions teams play well on Thanksgiving.

dont think our game next week is going to be easy either vs cle

dont think our game next week is going to be easy either vs cle

This game has personal written all over it. BB will make sure he is not beat by Eric Mangina.

don't know the spread, but pick the Pats.

BB has a grudge on the traitor. He will not lose.:)

Forr the Patriots it will be harder with only four days to prepare for the Lions @ the Lions.

This game has personal written all over it. BB will make sure he is not beat by Eric Mangina.

don't know the spread, but pick the Pats.

BB has a grudge on the traitor. He will not lose.:)

well sure..but he isnt playing. i remember when mangini came in with the jets and beat the pats in foxboro once so happens.. he knows the defense the pats run and brady's tendencies. and they are @home after a bye.

A Mangini BYE week is not a BB BYE week.....

Mangini does not scare me.:D bring it on ratman:cool:

At the start of this season I decided I'd put most of my emotion in rooting against the Jets. As there are always 31 heartbroken teams out of 32 at the end, the odds of my getting satisfaction are so much better :D

Belichick: "Good job boys, we're 6-1. We'll be going on cruise for the rest of the season. Take the week off and show up Sunday to hop on the plane so we can get our automatic win versus Cleveland. Not sure what time the flight is, so I'll send out an invite on MyFace."

I'm tired of hearing about trap games, it's a college thing. Every team in this league is fully capable of the beating another. Buffalo almost beat us, and they took two other winning teams to OT at their own houses. I'm pretty sure the players recognize by now there's no such thing as an automatic victory.

Packers showed again that if you force the ball into Sancheese's hands you have a great chance of beating them.

The way Suh has been playing, I think the lions have every chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes