PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lightning has struck twice.

I can't give an A because of his spike fumble early in the game. I know he's coached up with "if you get in trouble, throw it at the feet of the blocking RB since he is an eligible receiver".... yeah, but the guy has to be forward of you relative to the line of scrimmage... so I say A-....

So about all the comparisons.

1. What could Brady do that Mac has demonstrated he can't do?
2. I'd love some example of 1st games from QB's that were better. Ever, in history. I'm sure there are many, but would love to know about them.
I can't think of 1 category where you can say he's deficient or needs improvement. Even his scrambling ability now appears to be a plus not a minus. His fantastic performance yesterday wasn't a fluke, it was consistent with what he did at Alabama and all through the preseason here. His completion percentage is going to be above 70% almost every week.

My biggest concern is RT. If Brown has a calf pull, that can take 6 weeks to heal. Gotta firm that spot up or hope Brown's ready in 2 weeks, and then Mac Jones and this offense will be unstoppable.

I can't give an A because of his spike fumble early in the game. I know he's coached up with "if you get in trouble, throw it at the feet of the blocking RB since he is an eligible receiver".... yeah, but the guy has to be forward of you relative to the line of scrimmage... so I say A-....
You just have to chalk that up to 1st quarter jitters. One of the worst plays I've ever seen by a QB.

Another thing that stuck out to me that i liked...now i am not a fuddy duddy...i love if/when any player celebrates and dances and all that. It's fun to watch, but i loved when Jones was running back to the side line after the score and they try to give him the ball, he just handed it off to Hoyer and kept it moving....very please with this dude so far. Just about his business...a BB type of guy.

Absolutely. So great

The funniest part is twofold:

1. When the Pats were actually IN the Redzone they did run 12 personnel groupings. It was outside the RZ where they didn't as much.

2. Flexing the TEs outside the hashes was to better show 1. the coverage 2. the MIKE and 3. where the blitz was coming from. If they come into 12 with the Dolphins crowding the LOS/overloading a side the TEs have a harder time being a hot route and you reduce the numbers of hot route targets, make it easier to bracket the WRs making it easier on the blitz to get home. In short, it simplifies the defense for the QB and you could see the result in the hot route completions made in that game. A couple of which were one missed tackle from being huge plays themselves.

No question they need to improve the protections and hit a couple big plays to back future defenses off, but just thinking it's as simple as "just run 12" is ridiculous.
Part of the advantage of a 2 TE offense with good receiving TEs is forcing the defense to treat the 2nd TE like a TE or a WR. It creates a mismatch either by making a bigger guy cover them or run against a smaller lineup.
You have to spread them out when the defensive personnel dictate or you just ignore the mismatch.

Part of the advantage of a 2 TE offense with good receiving TEs is forcing the defense to treat the 2nd TE like a TE or a WR. It creates a mismatch either by making a bigger guy cover them or run against a smaller lineup.
You have to spread them out when the defensive personnel dictate or you just ignore the mismatch.

First of all everyone hates you.

Second of all, yes a 2TE offense can be devastating as evidenced by the 2004 Patriots offense and also 2010-2012 Bill O'Brien offenses that were some of the best ever from an efficiency standpoint.

Third of all, this team has no clue how to use 2 TEs at the same time by the current oc. Both tight ends in now resulted in an obvious RUN play last game, as the checkers oc thinks of TEs as run blockers. He kept trying to use spread-SHOTGUN formations even though this team's best lineup is 12 personnel.

This is probably why the scheme sucks so bad. Wrong post on so many levels. It's like he took the last drive of 2018 and learned nothing. That only worked because he had the goat QB and goat TE. The Patriots need a new OC. One who doesn't suck and fall into predictable call-sheets.

This is probably why the scheme sucks so bad. Wrong post on so many levels. It's like he took the last drive of 2018 and learned nothing. That only worked because he had the goat QB and goat TE. The Patriots need a new OC. One who doesn't suck and fall into predictable call-sheets.
Just change your name to DropKickNEM...get it over with

Nope. I think Charlie Weiss was great.

Also this doesn't work unless you acknowledge I've been f'ing RIGHT for a decade about needing elite TEs (2TE offense), about Mac Jones, going back to man cover-1, about needing an elite CB1, etc.

Sorry.

Last edited:
First of all everyone hates you.

Second of all, yes a 2TE offense can be devastating as evidenced by the 2004 Patriots offense and also 2010-2012 Bill O'Brien offenses that were some of the best ever from an efficiency standpoint.

Third of all, this team has no clue how to use 2 TEs at the same time by the current oc. Both tight ends in now resulted in an obvious RUN play last game, as the checkers oc thinks of TEs as run blockers. He kept trying to use spread-SHOTGUN formations even though this team's best lineup is 12 personnel.
I, and most everyone on this board, disagree with you.

Just change your name to DropKickNEM...get it over with
Dude is a terrible poster. No insight or knowledge. Steals what others say and repeats it as I know too well. Spams every thread and is wrong all. the. time. Its embarrassing to the board quite frankly.

Another thing that stuck out to me that i liked...now i am not a fuddy duddy...i love if/when any player celebrates and dances and all that. It's fun to watch, but i loved when Jones was running back to the side line after the score and they try to give him the ball, he just handed it off to Hoyer and kept it moving....very please with this dude so far. Just about his business...a BB type of guy.
Probably not the nicest thought, but your screen name made me think: too bad the ghost of TGlenn (RIP) didn't throw Mac's 1st TD into the stands like someone else's first TD.

This is the best. I'm going to remember this one.

@Ring6 and @BaconGrundleCandy all tremoring here like little snowflake children, absolutely THE BEST. You 2 deserve each other. You both suck so bad. 2 worst posters on the forum. I will say it is true I am a magnet for delineating who SUCKS. Good luck on your downward spiral towards nobody caring what you think (OOPs already the case!!!).

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Dude is a terrible poster. No insight or knowledge. Steals what others say and repeats it as I know too well. Spams every thread and is wrong all. the. time. Its embarrassing to the board quite frankly.
Repeating Paramount Network GIF by Yellowstone

Disagreeing is one thing...but please keep it to one thing. Saying it over and over and over and over and over makes you look like a loon. Their is no ****ing way I am going to read that crap all season. Ignore. BTW keep up the good work BGC...we appreciate your insight.

1631577692750.png

Last edited:
Yes, please keep it going !! Guy crying at the computer from a broken family @ring6, teaming up with a dumbas- construction worker. I will go all day with you clowns. @BaconGrundleCandy ,

... sorry I don't even mean to be mean and I realize how I'm sounding. And I feel bad. For 2 seconds. But seriously it's just so easy. F'ing total idiots trying to pretend to know more than others. Need to be taken down 10 pegs.
hulk smash GIF

Disagreeing is one thing...but please keep it to one thing. Saying it over and over and over and over and over makes you look like a loon. Their is no ****ing way I am going to read that crap all season. Ignore. BTW keep up the good work BGC...we appreciate your insight.

View attachment 35650
Appreciate it. I'm really good with just scrolling past but the spamming of thread after thread on the main and from post after post in different makes a tough go here but w/e. I know he's on thin ice anyway. I'm good with detaching though and don't take it seriously at all.

Here's to a eventful and long Pats season into 2022! A22 back soon so I can't wait to breakdown our & ours film. That's killing me lol.

Great game one.
i reserve further judgment based on one game.
let’s hope it continues!!
Go Mac

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back