PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lets talk about the silver lining

Status
Not open for further replies.

chasa

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Lets talk about the silver lining

Last night's game was BRUTAL. Between the BS calls and the injuries, and the fact that the walking dead midseason finale was also a bust, patriots fans had a bad night.

But lets take a step back here.

1.) we are 10-1, and the weight up a perfect season is no longer on anyone's shoulders

2.) The injuries don't appear to be season ending

3.) We are going to get healthy at the perfect time. A rested Minitron, a rested Gronk. a Full strength Collins, Amendola will be back, the offensive line should be fully sorted once the playoffs start, we are in a VERY good place LONG term, its just going to be a struggle these last 5 weeks.

4.) Even with all the ******** calls, and Brady throwing to the 4th string receivers we have left we put a good number of points up on a GOOD defense. if not for 4-5 ticky tacky calls, and a player muffing a punt who shouldn't even be on the active roster, the patriots win that game in a blowout.​

The Patriots are STILL a prime candidate to win it all this year, and once the playoffs start and we get our pieces back, things are going to be different.

Last nights game was BRUTAL. Between the BS calls and the injuries, and the fact that the walking dead midseason finale was also a bust, patriots fans had a bad night.

1.) we are 10-1, and the weight up a perfect season is no longer on anyone's shoulders

3.) We are going to get healthy at the perfect time. A rested Minitron, a rested Gronk. a Full strength Collins, Amendola will be back, the offensive line should be fully sorted once the playoffs start, we are in a VERY good place LONG term, its just going to be a struggle these last 5 weeks.

4.)Even with all the ******** calls, and brady throwing to the 4th string receivers we have left we put a good number of points up on a GOOD defense. if not for 4-5 ticky tacky calls, and a player muffing a punt who shouldn't even be on the active roster, the patriots win that game in a blowout.

The patriots are STILL a Prime candidate to win it all this year, and once the playoffs start, and we get our pieces back, things are going to be different.
They need the bye

Last nights game was BRUTAL. Between the BS calls and the injuries, and the fact that the walking dead midseason finale was also a bust, patriots fans had a bad night.

4.)Even with all the ******** calls, and brady throwing to the 4th string receivers we have left we put a good number of points up on a GOOD defense. if not for 4-5 ticky tacky calls, and a player muffing a punt who shouldn't even be on the active roster, the patriots win that game in a blowout.

The patriots are STILL a Prime candidate to win it all this year, and once the playoffs start, and we get our pieces back, things are going to be different.
Yes...if the news that we're getting about Gronk and Hightower is accurate (in HT's case, that it is in fact a minor sprain), and Edelman progresses well, and most importantly there are no more injuries, things will be very good.

I'll add one more thing, and this is from someone who very much wanted an undefeated season. It's hard not to think that losing a game helps the Pats in the quest for the Super Bowl. Good chance they can rest guys against the Dolphins. And yes, 16-0 (or 18-0...) would have put tremendous pressure on the team.

You really have to think, relatively speaking, these defending champs will feel pretty loosey-goosey from here on out. Bring it on.

I thought The Walking Dead was pretty good. Leaves a lot of unanswered questions which brings you back hungry (pardon the pun) for the show to come back.

As far as a silver lining, I really like Belichick's comments after the game about how proud he was about his team that they fought so hard. I love Belichick, he knows his team was shorthanded before the game and became even more shorthanded during the game. I also like that Brady was pissed off after the game. I like an angry Brady.

I expected to lose this game with Amendola and Edelman out (not to mention Collins too), to lose Gronk and Hightower and still get to OT, just shows how talented and mentally strong the team is. Not upset about the loss (just about the injuries and uneven officiating) in fact I think it takes a little pressure off of them trying to go undefeated.

If they get healthy for January and February then this is a better team than last season's Lombardi winner. I still think 14-2 gets them a bye and more than likely home field throughout, and 4-1 down the stretch is completely doable.

Collins back next week...Dola back..Martin is back.. We are going to be ok

The walking dead was a bust?! Great, guess my night is gonna suck...

On a positive note, I thought LaFell and Martin looked good. Martin will be one hell of a #4 receiver when everyone gets back healthy.

Throw in the fact our 4 best weapons were out at the start of OT, while we had our best one for almost the entire game our next 3 didn't play and we still lost in OT against one of the best teams in the league. That being said I still think we will get homefield, but it definitely will be harder. The Jets and Dolphins have looked awful and although they are divisional games back to back on the road to end the season, I think we should win. I see us going 14-2 at the worst, and Denver and Cincy play each other, so one of them will definitely lose.

Good points and when its all said and done Defense is not all that banged up...if we had Half a Offense last night we won that game.

They need the bye
Here's what I see:
  • 15-1 is first seed no doubt.
  • 14-2 is likely the first seed and definitely a playoff bye.
  • 13-3 is a small chance for first seed, likely second seed. A somewhat small chance of it being third.
  • 12-4 very small chance of playoff bye but not impossible. (Worst case scenario for us IMO)

To me we can still lose 1-2 games. I think 14-2 is a very realistic goal. We just have to beat one of Houston/Jets most likely.

And Brady is PISSED. I've never seen/heard him like that. If he's pissed then I'm sure BB and Co. Are the same. If he was mad before, what is he going to be now? The team for that matter?

Gronkowski on every route when a defender comes up to him, needs to keep his hands by his sides as he makes his break. He'll still catch every ball.

And Brady is PISSED. I've never seen/heard him like that. If he's pissed then I'm sure BB and Co. Are the same. If he was mad before, what is he going to be now? The team for that matter?

Gronkowski on every route when a defender comes up to him, needs to keep his hands by his sides as he makes his break. He'll still catch every ball.

He'll have to keep his hands by his sides and then also allow the defenders to drape all over him, if we're going by the way they're calling things this year.

I'm sure Brady is pissed off as hell but at a certain point, does it even matter. His anger isn't going to fix the fact that the refs are making us do everything twice.

He'll have to keep his hands by his sides and then also allow the defenders to drape all over him, if we're going by the way they're calling things this year.

I'm sure Brady is pissed off as hell but at a certain point, does it even matter. His anger isn't going to fix the fact that the refs are making us do everything twice.
No, but as his anger increases, so does the likelihood of us putting up 40 on the Broncos in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back