PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

let's start a petition to end the lottery!

the lottery obviously isnt going to prevent teams from tanking so it serves no purpose IMO. they could at least increase the odds for the bottom dwellers. It's ridiculous, but I don't think it's rigged. If it were don't you think they'd want the Celtics(big market team) to get the #1 pick?

They might want the C's, or a big market to get the #1 pick, but might not need them to in the sense that those markets are far more secure despite their mediocrity. Boston can survive with it's on again, off again winning/playoffs, whereas teams like Seattle can only absorb so much losing before they feel the crunch. Seattle has massive cash flow & attendence problems, whereas the C's have been banging out tickets over the years. To say it's wrigged is difficult though.

It is really suspicious that they won't do the actual drawing in front of anyone. What are they trying to hide?

This is simply wrong.

It is drawn in front of all the teams in the lottery. Wyc Grousbeck witnessed the drawing.

They present it on TV the way they do to turn it into a better rated program.

They might want the C's, or a big market to get the #1 pick, but might not need them to in the sense that those markets are far more secure despite their mediocrity. Boston can survive with it's on again, off again winning/playoffs, whereas teams like Seattle can only absorb so much losing before they feel the crunch. Seattle has massive cash flow & attendence problems, whereas the C's have been banging out tickets over the years. To say it's wrigged is difficult though.

How does that explain Memphis getting the shaft as well then?

Clearly the league hates Jerry West. Remember when Magic was diagnosed with HIV and the NBA didn't give the Lakers cap relief? Who was their GM?

Those 3 sentences above are absurd but a lot of Celtics fans have been using the exact excuses for 20 years now.

Me - I just want to know how the NBA (which hates the Celtics so much) forced them to replace the great Red Auerbach with clowns like Dave Gavitt, ML Carr, Rick Pitino, Chris Wallace, and Danny Ainge. That is why the Celtics have stunk for 15+ years and that is the conspiracy we need to get to the bottom of.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if they tweak the odds a bit to further favor the bottomfeeders, but otherwise the lottery is here to stay.

The lottery may be here to stay but I don't know if I can say the same for the NBA's fan base.

the lottery obviously isnt going to prevent teams from tanking so it serves no purpose IMO. they could at least increase the odds for the bottom dwellers. It's ridiculous, but I don't think it's rigged. If it were don't you think they'd want the Celtics(big market team) to get the #1 pick?

Not if they were trying to save basketball in Seattle and Portland. There's two ways to look at it.

Either way the lottery as it now stands is a complete farce. Whether or NOT it was rigged this year. The results are just ridiculous. It needs to be abolished or completely overhauled.

I was simply explaining why the league would want these types of players in lesser markets. If you're asking me why Memphis didn't win the lottery, it's because their number didn't come up.

The league might have rigged the lottery back in 85, but certainly not this year.

Can we start a petition to fire Danny Ainge and Doc Rivers instead?

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back