PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's show some love for Shane Vereen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUFC7

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Is it only me or after all this talk about KT and Edelmans performances, the hopefully soon returning Gronk and Amendola we don't hear the name Shane Vereen as often as we should? I wasn't a big fan of him because of how high he was picked and that with Danny Woodhead we already had a very good 3rd down RB but Shane Vereen proved me wrong in his last outings.

I think his biggest asset is his versatility. We lost probably the most versatile offensive weapon in the whole league with Aaron Hernandez but if there is anyone close to replace his production and versatility it's Shane Vereen. He can play at RB, is great at catching it out of the backfield and can line up as a WR. His last games were great and you could see the more than 2 years in the system are showing to pay off.

Of course Gronk and Amendola are better players and probably will be a more important factor to this offense, but I think we shouldn't forget this versatile weapon. Amendola, Gronk, Vereen, KT, Edelman ... could become a great force come January, when it acutally matters the most.

Is it only me or after all this talk about KT and Edelmans performances, the hopefully soon returning Gronk and Amendola we don't hear the name Shane Vereen as often as we should? I wasn't a big fan of him because of how high he was picked and that with Danny Woodhead we already had a very good 3rd down RB but Shane Vereen proved me wrong in his last outings.

I think his biggest asset is his versatility. We lost probably the most versatile offensive weapon in the whole league with Aaron Hernandez but if there is anyone close to replace his production and versatility it's Shane Vereen. He can play at RB, is great at catching it out of the backfield and can line up as a WR. His last games were great and you could see the more than 2 years in the system are showing to pay off.

Of course Gronk and Amendola are better players and probably will be a more important factor to this offense, but I think we shouldn't forget this versatile weapon. Amendola, Gronk, Vereen, KT, Edelman ... could become a great force come January, when it acutally matters the most.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADeU6qz37B4

:bricks:

I think when it comes to 3rd down backs the only guy I would rather have over Vereen is Darren Sproles who is just so shifty.

You could also put guys like Rice/Foster/McCoy over him too but they are more lead backs in my mind and belong in a different category.

I think if we get healthy and have a 5 WR set of Gronk, Amendola, Vereen, Edelman & KT with Dobson/Boyce and maybe even Collie backing it up that is gonna be pretty dynamic come playoff time.

You need to remember we are doing what we are doing with arguably our 3 best offensive playmakers out.

Who doesn't have love for Vereen. We just need him to get back onto the field. We can root for him to heal faster, but generally save it for those players on the field. Any player you are rooting for to sit the bench are players that hurt your teams chances when they are on the field.

Like pulling Brady to put in Tim Tebow for a passing play.

I sent him a nice flower bouquet when he got hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back