PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's judge young QBs by their Mic'd Up segments

slam

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
It's bye week, so lets watch a different type of film. Let's take a look at the available Mic'd up segments of the prized QBs of the last few drafts and make unfair judgments on their leadership skills based on a tiny, highly edited sample size. Who's in?

Baker Mayfield

Sam Darnold

Josh Allen
N/A

Josh Rosen
N/A

Mitchell Trubisky

Patrick Mahomes

Dashaun Watson

Last edited:
Jared Goff

Carson Wentz

I haven't watched them all yet, but from what I've seen so far I think Mayfield and Mahomes relate very well to their teammates. Mayfield just seems fun to be around and "one of the guys". Darnold seems to be uninspiring. He mouths encouragement but it seems perfunctory, insincere, and lacking in charisma.

I apologize that I couldn't find a Nathan Peterman Mic'd Up.

It's bye week, so lets watch a different type of film. Let's take a look at the available Mic'd up segments of the prized QBs of the last few drafts and make unfair judgments on their leadership skills based on a tiny, highly edited sample size. Who's in?

Baker Mayfield

Sam Darnold

Josh Allen
N/A

Josh Rosen
N/A

Mitchell Trubisky

Patrick Mahomes

Dashaun Watson

Very cool thread. Thanks for putting this together.

I apologize that I couldn't find a Nathan Peterman Mic'd Up.

NFL Films labored long and hard at putting a Peterman segment together but in spite of intensive effort all they could come up with was a blooper reel of plays to a soundtrack of Peterman saying "Oh (bleep), AHH (BLEEP), WHAT THE (BLEEP)!!! and MOTHER(BLEEPER)!!!

I haven't watched them all either but your instincts are spot on. Show me a QB who commands the huddle, inspires his teammates and is smart with the football and I'll show you a winning QB.

I was wrong about Mayfield. I thought he was a punk. The kid has it. He'll be good for years to come.

Lest we forget, Jimmy G

Marcus Mariota

Jameis Winston

Jimmy G's was his first start with the Niners. Acting like he's been there for years.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back