PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's go J-E-T-S beat da Bills

Some people still pretending that Buffalo will be any kind of threat for the division.

I hope Buffalo wins for 2 reasons:

1. It's always fun seeing the Jets lose
2. There's exactly a 0 % chance that Buffalo makes the postseason, let alone contends for the division.
Contend for the division? Barring injury to Brady or Gronk, no.

Make the playoffs? More than possible. As of now I think they get one of the wild card spots.

Contend for the division? Barring injury to Brady or Gronk, no.

Make the playoffs? More than possible. As of now I think they get one of the wild card spots.

lol

Why is that a "lol". Just because of past history? You make a **** argument if that is the case.

I could see Buffalo losing three or four more games. If that is the case they'd be 10-6, probably enough to get a spot,

Why is that a "lol". Just because of past history? You make a **** argument if that is the case.

Buffalo Bills will not make the playoffs. This is a fact.

Also, why would it be a bad thing if they were to make it? The more horrendous teams that are still playing in January, the better.

But it's a moot point, because they won't make it.

Buffalo Bills will not make the playoffs. This is a fact.

Also, why would it be a bad thing if they were to make it? The more horrendous teams that are still playing in January, the better.

But it's a moot point, because they won't make it.
You've provided no reason why they should lose more than four games in the second half of their season.

10-6 is enough. Your argument is a pile of ****.

You've provided no reason why they should lose more than four games in the second half of their season.

10-6 is enough. Your argument is a pile of ****.

Your argument is literally that the Buffalo Bills will win 10 games and make the postseason. An argument can't possibly get any ****tier than that.

Your argument is literally that the Buffalo Bills will win 10 games and make the postseason. An argument can't possibly get any ****tier than that.
You are not worth having a discussion with any further. You are merely clueless or trolling.

You are not worth having a discussion with any further. You are merely clueless or trolling.

Get a load of this Bills fan trying to pretend that his team has a chance this season.

Buffalo plays the following teams the rest of the season:

Saints
Patriots x2
@KC
Plus 3 more divisional games, which they will drop at least 1.

That's 5 guaranteed losses. They also play the Chargers in LA, which very well could result in another loss.

Buffalo Bills making the postseason. Jesus f'ing Christ.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Bills have the longest active playoff drought in any major professional sport: they have not qualified to play in the NFL playoffs since 1999 and are the only team that has not appeared in the playoffs so far in the 21st century.

They're due.

It be nice but shouldn't be needed. The Bills after the Jets face a very hard stretch. Not to mention we get them 2 times. If the Pats finish below the Bills they have no one to blame but themselves. If you want to make the Bills look closer to mediocre that be fine though.

Pats at this point are fine. Even in better shape if KC loses tonight. Regardless all the Pats need to do is take care of their own business and it will work itself out.

They dug themselves out of their 2-2 hole and other key teams have faltered. Just win and they will get the playoff seeding they want.
I heard Bills have 3rd easiest schedule remaining

I heard Bills have 3rd easiest schedule remaining

maybe at the beginning of the year with projections that was true but no way now.

Patriots twice (6-2 team) New Orleans (5-2 ) @KC (6-2). Those 4 will be very tough for them.

The other 5 are Miami 2 times, Indy, @LAC@NYJ

Indy will probably have luck back by then I would think and that will make them harder to beat if that is the case.

The Chargers and Jets have pretty tough D and if they get their head out of their butts (not common) have the ability to play with anyone.

Miami may be the easiest team for them left to play.

Bills will be hard pressed to go 5-4 with that schedule IMO. Even if they win every other game on their schedule if the Pats beat them 2 times then the Pats win the division probably so it is a moot point.

5-4 with the records in the other divisions should get them in. Minus Brady going down I really cannot see them taking the division and at that point after the JG trade we're toast anyway.

maybe at the beginning of the year with projections that was true but no way now.

Patriots twice (6-2 team) New Orleans (5-2 ) @KC (6-2). Those 4 will be very tough for them.

The other 5 are Miami 2 times, Indy, @LAC@NYJ

Indy will probably have luck back by then I would think and that will make them harder to beat if that is the case.

The Chargers and Jets have pretty tough D and if they get their head out of their butts (not common) have the ability to play with anyone.

Miami may be the easiest team for them left to play.

Bills will be hard pressed to go 5-4 with that schedule IMO. Even if they win every other game on their schedule if the Pats beat them 2 times then the Pats win the division probably so it is a moot point.

I personally hope Buffalo crumbles, again. Their fanbase is in over their heads and I noticed fanbases that don't know what success is seem to make this mistake year in and out.

We can be confident. Sickening to say, but same with teams like The Steelers. Since their 4 year superbowl LOSING streak, theyve been losers. I think their success by next year will be remembered as smoke and mirrors. If they go 11-5 or better, I will admit I was wrong.

As another poster pointed out, 10-6 should definitely get them a WC spot. There’s no reason to believe that they can’t steal ONE game from NE, NO, KC and NE again.

Even if they lose 3/4 to those tougher teams, they can still afford to lose another one of NYJ, MIA, LAC, IND, and MIA again. That gets them to 10-6. It shouldn’t be that difficult. They have a stretch with 3 games in a row at home, too.

Although even then, as someone else stated, they probably wouldn’t get past the divisional round in the postseason. They may have the capacity to win in the WC round, especially if they’re at home.

Last edited:
I personally hope Buffalo crumbles, again. Their fanbase is in over their heads and I noticed fanbases that don't know what success is seem to make this mistake year in and out.
How dare their fans have the balls to get excited about a 5-2 start with a 4-0 home record?!!
Clearly, they’re in over their heads due to years of misery.

How dare their fans have the balls to get excited about a 5-2 start with a 4-0 home record?!!
Clearly, they’re in over their heads due to years of misery.

They can be excited. I never meant they couldn't. I just mean they should hold the phone a bit longer. 5-2 is a great start, but they shouldn't get overconfident just yet. Plus, they started 5-2 in 2011 I believe.

They havent been to the playoffs in a while and 3-0 and 5-2 starts have happened in the past.

Their fanbase is in over their heads and I noticed fanbases that don't know what success is seem to make this mistake year in and out.
Let’s just say that fanbases don’t have any bearing on their teams’ success, or lack thereof. Also, what does “they’re in over their heads” even mean? What would’ve happened if someone said this about N.England back in ‘97 when they went to the SB and lost? Were we, as fans, “making a mistake” by supporting our (historically ****ty) team back then? Of course not. We were excited for a small taste of success and what the future may bring.

I doubt Buffalo will do much. They may not even go to the playoffs, but your comments were not only arrogant, but they were strange in my opinion. I mean, unless they’re predicting multiple decade dynasties or something, they’re probably not even on our radar. Can you really fault them for being excited? Let’s agree to disagree on this one.

Let’s just say that fanbases don’t have any bearing on their teams’ success, or lack thereof. Also, what does “they’re in over their heads” even mean? What would’ve happened if someone said this about N.England back in ‘97 when they went to the SB and lost? Were we, as fans, “making a mistake” by supporting our (historically ****ty) team back then? Of course not. We were excited for a small taste of success and what the future may bring.

I doubt Buffalo will do much. They may not even go to the playoffs, but your comments were not only arrogant, but they were strange in my opinion. I mean, unless they’re predicting multiple decade dynasties or something, they’re probably not even on our radar. Can you really fault them for being excited? Let’s agree to disagree on this one.

Maybe I worded it weirdly, so I apologize for that. I didn't mean they can't be excited and cheer for their team because that is normal. I just mean fanbases seem to take their excitement and almost delusion themselves with improbable goals. Last year, Atlanta Falcons fans thought they were a dynasty in the making and would repeat as NFC champions and more. Dallas Cowboys fans (some of em) said they were winning 5 Superbowls with Dak. Now, some Buffalo Bills fans think they will beat New England for the division. I know it sounds arrogant, but I just notice fans tend to overdo it then end up dissapointed. Like, there were fans of our Pats saying wed go 16-0 this season.

I just think a team needs to prove it first. Atlanta had a chance if they held on at 28-3. I personally NEVER take our success for granted, but we have proved we are playoff bound every season. Same with Seattle and Pittsburgh and Green Bay.

Now, some Buffalo Bills fans think they will beat New England for the division.
I get what you’re saying, but I’d have to question another fanbase’s true loyalty if they felt any differently, especially after a good start, where the region finally has something to be excited about again.When all is said and done, I’d have to guess that the majority of Bills fans still think that their playoff chances revolve around the wild card round, but I’m sure there are some who think they can beat NE at least once and hope for the best as it pertains to the divisional crown.

Ultimately, I agree with you that they’ll be disappointed, but in the meantime, I have a lot of respect for those fanbases. Look at the people in Cleveland who pay hundreds of dollars to sit in the cold, knowing that they probably don’t have any shot of winning that particular game, let alone hoping for a turn in the bigger picture. I think some of the fair-weather fans here could learn something from that type of hardcore attitude. I’ve got tons of respect for those people, even if they root for a different uniform.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back