PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's Go Chiefs! - Week 5 NFL Games Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Let's Go Chiefs! - Week 5 Early NFL Games Thread

KC should either be blowing out the Colts or getting blown out. The score should not be a 9-9 snooze-fest.

I love good defense, so this one isn't a snooze fest. For me, it's a pleasure to watch this Chiefs defense. Reminds me a lot of our defense in the early 2000's... and makes me wish that Romeo would have came back.

Watching this, I am looking forward to the Colts in Foxboro.:D

Why?

The Chiefs have Romeo Crennel as their defensive coordinator, through 5 games now getting his defense to play old Pats defense with stingy red zone defense and huge plays at the right time.

The Pats, on the other hand, have no coordinators on either side of the ball.

That one is coming back. ******* conniving sneaking Manning trying to get the snap off before the red flag could be tossed.
In other words, smart football. Are the Patriots "******* conniving sneaking" when they do the same?

12-9...this game is painful to watch.

I love good defense, so this one isn't a snooze fest. For me, it's a pleasure to watch this Chiefs defense. Reminds me a lot of our defense in the early 2000's... and makes me wish that Romeo would have came back.

Good defense is nice, it's just that I would rather see a 17-16 nail-biter than a 12-9 one. I want at least a TD or two :D

He understudied and replaced Tony Dungy, who didn't coach either...he inspired...

Quietly... and with strength.;)

KC should either be blowing out the Colts or getting blown out. The score should not be a 9-9 snooze-fest.

If not for Haley and Bowe KC would be up a score now without an offense that will set the world on fire... Probably won't be a good outcome, but at least they know they can play when a couple of guys quit screwing up and the Colts know they got some issues...

Romeo is good, but look at this Kansas City D, Eric Berry, Dorsey, Jackson, Hali, Johnson, were all first round picks, Flowers was like the first pick in the 2nd round. They have a lot of talent.

12-9...this game is painful to watch.

Were you not a Pats fan circa 2000/2001? This looks like all of our games used to look. Great defensive football. The winning ugly is highly underrated.

Unrelated aside-- those Colts cheerleaders are kinda hot.

He understudied and replaced Tony Dungy, who didn't coach either...he inspired...

Last time he spoke,he called that TO vs Jax:eek:

Looks like Colts are making an effort to dive in the backfield and deny the run attack, and force Cassell to win the game.

Cassel sucks when running and passing

Why on earth did he not call for a fair catch. ROFL

Romeo is good, but look at this Kansas City D, Eric Berry, Dorsey, Jackson, Hali, Johnson, were all first round picks, Flowers was like the first pick in the 2nd round. They have a lot of talent.

Indeed. But a lot of those guys are extremely young as well. A ton of credit needs to go to Romeo. Guy is just a great defensive coordinator. Took a defense that was horrible last year and turned it into a top notch unit.

With pretty much the same personnel last year except for Berry, the KC defense was awful all year in 2009. The Patriots defense is also loaded with 1st and 2nd round talent, but it isn't nearly as tight in the red zone or 3rd down as KC is.

Crennel is having a huge impact on this KC defense. He's showing just how big an impact a great coordinator can make on an entire team. Mike Nolan showed that too in Denver last year, Gregg Williams in New Orleans too last year.

Through 5 games the KC Chiefs defense will have given up only 12 points per game, with one of the stingiest red zone D's in the league.

Last edited:

Anyone wanna trade the randy moss pick for romeo crennel?

If I see one more fade from the Giants...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST