Votes: 10 8.8%
  • Spurs

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Lakers

Votes: 67 59.3%
  • Other

Votes: 9 8.0%

• Total voters
My preference is for the C's to stay out of the big ticket market and focus on improvements in their bench. It is much more satisfying for me if they build their team step by step vs jumping all in and trying to "buy it". As much as I enjoyed 2008 it was by far the least satisfying of all the Celtics championships I've witnessed (my first was 1976) because that team had just been thrown together and had not experienced any of the normal growing pains. If they could have held on a couple years later against the Lakers (thanks refs) it would have meant much more to me. I realize building vs buying is a fine line and that this C's team is far from a bunch of homegrown talent but it feels like the culmination of several years of quality trades, drafting and cap management moves vs what the Lakers are trying to do (and their main rebuilding chip is being in an attractive location) - they have not drafted well, made smart trades or anything. The only reason they will be successful is that they know by clearing cap space they can attract top players. If Phoenix or the Nets had done the exact same thing it does not work as no one wants to go there.

I am a Real Madrid fan but that’s horsesh*t. It’s not like other teams can’t buy players. How about playing well for starters.

In terms of parity, european soccer is on the opposite side of the spectrum comparing to the NFL, no salary cap (let alone hard salary cap), no financial limitation for transfer fees or salaries (UEFA financial fair play proves bulls**t), young blue-chip players are bought by the biggest clubs whereas football top prospects are drafted by previous season's weakest teams.

Real Madrid was able to build a dynasty because the system allowed them to assemble a superteam by buying the then-most expensive players Ronaldo and Bale (same process as the "Galacticos" Era back in the early 2000's).

Last edited:
To people saying Lebron to Celtics, I can't see Lebron and Brad Stevens co-existing. And the things in media make me think that Lebron is tough to get along with and coach.

To people saying Lebron to Celtics, I can't see Lebron and Brad Stevens co-existing. And the things in media make me think that Lebron is tough to get along with and coach.

This won't happen. It would take a S & T and most of the young talent and Irving would be gone. DA and Stevens are building for the long run.

James will go to LA there is nothing in CLE. George will join him there, and next year they have the ability to sign Leonard.

Go ahead Philly wreck the "process", trade for one year of Leonard. You still won't beat the C's.

George is resigning with OKC. Lakers supposedly trying to get Cousins.

I highly doubt Lebron is going to Lakers and bear LaVar Ball's alternating personality. If Lakers gets Cousins, it is going to be a shxt show for years.

I highly doubt Lebron is going to Lakers and bear LaVar Ball's alternating personality. If Lakers gets Cousins, it is going to be a shxt show for years.
With Paul George wussing out, this will be very painful as a Lakers fan to miss out on LeBron again.

Signing Boogie Cousins would be a disaster. Can that guy even play this year?

Celtics are so loaded.
With Paul George wussing out, this will be very painful as a Lakers fan to miss out on LeBron again.

They can wait one more year and sign Kawhi and be mediocre for years to come.

I think the hope is that he’s able to play post-All Star game for the second half of the year.

James will go to LA there is nothing in CLE.
I suppose it would depend on your definition of “nothing,” since they pretty much had nothing this year and were in one possession games with under a minute to play in games 1 & 3 of the championship series.

It’s hard to imagine CLE being in a worse position than last season, and since George didn’t go to LA, it’s also hard to imagine them being more competitive than CLE has been in the East when he’d be against HOU, OKC, and GSW in a much tougher conference. If he leaves it will be because Dan Gilbert is a total jackass, or because he believes that LA offers more exposure to his son’s HS team. Or because he’s an attention whore. Or all of the above, but not really because he’d have a better team, or better odds of seeing a title.

I suppose it would depend on your definition of “nothing,” since they pretty much had nothing this year and were in one possession games with under a minute to play in games 1 & 3 of the championship series.

It’s hard to imagine CLE being in a worse position than last season, and since George didn’t go to LA, it’s also hard to imagine them being more competitive than CLE has been in the East when he’d be against HOU, OKC, and GSW in a much tougher conference. If he leaves it will be because Dan Gilbert is a total jackass, or because he believes that LA offers more exposure to his son’s HS team. Or because he’s an attention whore. Or all of the above, but not really because he’d have a better team, or better odds of seeing a title.

James is still going there. LA will double down on Leonard. If not him then the next in line LA has money, and is a place they can make more money. LA can build CLE can not.

Please tell me you're not a Patriots/Lakers fan...

James is still going there. LA will double down on Leonard. If not him then the next in line LA has money, and is a place they can make more money. LA can build CLE can not.
I think LBJ waits to see if the Lakers can get Kawhi...before signing there... If the Lakers miss on Leonard after Paul George resigned w OKC, what's the point for LBJ to go there? The team won't be any better than what he had in Cleveland, maybe worse and his road to the NBA finals is a lot tougher out west with GSW and Houston.....( not that it won't be tough with a healthy Boston w Kyrie and Gordon)
The question becomes, do the Lakers have the assets to get Kawhi or do they have to overpay? Well, since he said he's going there next year, it lowers the asking price and eliminates all other suitors which would jack up the asking price.....
Who knows, but as a Celtics fan, if he goes West, the East will look like the 80s again with Boston and Philly as favorites...

I think LBJ waits to see if the Lakers can get Kawhi...before signing there... If the Lakers miss on Leonard after Paul George resigned w OKC, what's the point for LBJ to go there? The team won't be any better than what he had in Cleveland, maybe worse and his road to the NBA finals is a lot tougher out west with GSW and Houston.....( not that it won't be tough with a healthy Boston w Kyrie and Gordon)
The question becomes, do the Lakers have the assets to get Kawhi or do they have to overpay? Well, since he said he's going there next year, it lowers the asking price and eliminates all other suitors which would jack up the asking price.....
Who knows, but as a Celtics fan, if he goes West, the East will look like the 80s again with Boston and Philly as favorites...

I suppose he could wait until next year and hope Leonard joins him as a FA. It's another year in CLE. They'd have to contend with the Celtics at full strength and Philly coming on. To me that seems like stagnation as he gets another year older.

If he signs in LA, it's hard to believe that won't make it more attractive to other FAs. LA has the cap space to add another max, this year. They can create enough in 2019-20 for another. He'd get his business interests going. ...I think somehow Leonard winds up there as the Celtics and Philly won't break up their young talent and LA would.

I don’t blame PG. Gets more money (especially since OK state taxes are way cheaper than CA) less media scrutiny and won’t have to deal with the Lavar ball circus.

LeBron isn't smart (or humble) enough to do what is in his own best interest. If he was smart, he would come to Boston and be a player, while letting the coach be a coach and the manger be a manager.

It is never going to happen, but if we assume winning a title is his highest priority, that would be he smartest move (except going to Golden State, which I do not believe would be allowed).

I still think Lebron is going to the Lakers ... have said so for a long time.
The he needs another championship angle is being overplayed.

What happened to that line of super stars who wanted to hook up with Lebron lmao.
Paul George .... CP3 .... blah ... blah ... blah.

Last edited:

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back