PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LeBron is a Punk

You're a little boy with no idea what he's talking about. McEnroe was a former #1 ranked player with 7 singles grand slams and 9 doubles grand slams. Hardly a stretch to call him an all time great.

There are lots of other examples of star athletes in other sports, who acted like complete arses and sore losers. Our own Patriots QB was known as being one of the biggest sore losers while as a youth and teen.

He was fourth among his greatest peers during his career. Borg, Lendl, and Connors all had better career stats than McEnroe.

Talking about #1 rankings is futile when the guy he was frequently wrestling for the top ranking set the record for the longest ranking at #1 in the world: Jimmy Connors. After Connors retired Ivan Lendl took up the wrestling for the top spot from McEnroe and was at #1 almost as long as Connors- a full 100 weeks AHEAD of McEnroe at the top spot.

Take a closer look at the cited stats: Borg had 11 grand slams, Connors and Lendl eight. McEnroe had seven :rolleyes:

Borg had 100 titles(in 10 years, shortest of the all time greats), Connors 147, and Lendl 144. McEnroe had 99 in the longest career of all of them :rolleys:

He's hard to call the best of his time by anyone when things all point to someone else being the best. If not for the '81 blowup at Wimbledon he would have been just another great always taking a back seat to the other greats of his time who did better than him.

Last edited:
Thank you Mr. Simmons! My thoughts exactly.

Was it right? Of course not. Is it comforting seeing players get as upset after a loss as you or me do? Yes.

It sickens me seeing players hugging and laughing after an elimination loss, probably making future party plans at their $10 million dollar homes. Love seeing a guy who genuinely cares about winning and losing.

I agree. The dorks here blasting LeBron are over-reacting drama queens.

Dorks ... that takes big balls to say.

Apparently you don't have kids and/or have never taken the time to teach kids the values of good sportsmanship. In any case ... you are in the minority of opinion and very wrong on this topic. Get a clue and wash your big balls while you're at it ... ?Dork? Get a clue ****weed.

Last edited:

Dorks? Who uses that word nowadays? Man, how effin old are you Eisenhower?

So tell us; what was it like being a waiter at the last supper, did you get a big tip?

teach kids the values of good sportsmanship.

I agree it was unsportsmanlike. So is fake falling down all the time in European soccer.

Among all the things in the world tons of athletes have done or do, in games and after games, what LeBron did is unsportsmanlike and immature but not deserving of the disproportionate reaction to it.

I also doubt he'll ever do it again after the hysteria this last time.

Last edited:
Dorks? Who uses that word nowadays? Man, how effin old are you Eisenhower?

So tell us; what was it like being a waiter at the last supper, did you get a big tip?

We must be dorks because we know how to research to support our claims..unlike some people

Better to be a dork than a loudmouth idiot :cool:

Agreed; nice sig by the way, a quote from the ballbag known as Aqua/Wide Reciever/etc, etc, etc................

I think he is the best player in the NBA, even better than Bryant. But I always thought Kobe wasn't classy, and quite a jerk. But Lebron just let me down with his attitude that game. Kobe has been proving he is a good guy for the last little while.

Last edited:
I don't like LeBron's attitude one bit. However, I do love watching him on the court. He is ridiculously good.

LeBron is bigger and thus can do a few more things. But Kobe runs his team better. I still don't feel like Lebron runs his team. It's either him or he's dishing off but I never feel like it's both at the same time. As much as that Kobe pouting face is tough to take I still take Kobe ... he makes his team better, like all the great ones manage to do.

Last edited:
So oblivious.

When discussing biggest jerk/worst sportsman doesn't your very own Kevin Garnett HAVE to be in the discussion for top prize? Remember him clapping in that rookie point guards face while he brought the ball up court last year. THAT's a great lesson for the kids! Or Rondo's 27 (non-called) flagrant fouls against Chicago in the playoffs last year. I would way rather have kids not shaking their opponents hands than have them take a note from the Celtic playbook and tackle the other teams shooting guard into the scorers table...

Come on now.

So oblivious.

When discussing biggest jerk/worst sportsman doesn't your very own Kevin Garnett HAVE to be in the discussion for top prize? Remember him clapping in that rookie point guards face while he brought the ball up court last year. THAT's a great lesson for the kids! Or Rondo's 27 (non-called) flagrant fouls against Chicago in the playoffs last year. I would way rather have kids not shaking their opponents hands than have them take a note from the Celtic playbook and tackle the other teams shooting guard into the scorers table...

Come on now.

What grade are you in?

So oblivious.

Come on now.

Your dog is waiting for you ... run along now.

I dunno guys. If Lebron's worst character trait is not bein' in the mood to chat after a loss, I'd be willing to look the other way as a Cleveland fan. Sure in a perfect world he'd stand up there and answer every question with heart; but that's perfect.

Boston's only ever had one perfect, his name is Bill Russel.

I dunno guys. If Lebron's worst character trait is not bein' in the mood to chat after a loss, I'd be willing to look the other way as a Cleveland fan. Sure in a perfect world he'd stand up there and answer every question with heart; but that's perfect.

Boston's only ever had one perfect, his name is Bill Russel.

this is correct.

Great ... your dead and won't post anymore ... :woot:

I submit that you're behaving less mature than I am, and that you're kind of a jerk. I don't know if they have a dancing smiley face for that, but you know what I mean right?

I submit that you're behaving less mature than I am, and that you're kind of a jerk. I don't know if they have a dancing smiley face for that, but you know what I mean right?

You come on our forum ... slamming the Celtics in a "Celtics Forum"
and I'm a jerk and less mature ... well ... now that's a very interesting hypothesis. :popcorn:

LeBron is still a punk ... regardless of who is a punk on the Celtics ... LeBron still is a ringless punk.
If and when LeBron decides not to be a punk ... he may win a ring ... just ask Kobe ... he knows.

KG and Rondo have a ring ... the sore loser ... has nothing ... nada ... zilch.

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back