• Nothing

Votes: 21 48.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

Virtual Internet Person
Reaction score
Today is September 1st - the deadline for Branch and Chayut to work out a trade.

What will happen today?

Place your bets, ladies and gentlemen...

I voted "Nothing".

Last edited:
PromisedLand said:
Today is September 1st - the deadline for Branch and Chayut to work out a trade.

What will happen today?

Place your bets, ladies and gentlemen...

I voted "Nothing".
yawn......

I said nothing...

I say nothing for today. We eventually make a smallish deal for a useable WR and trade Branch for a 2008 #1 pick that way we get a #1 but it being a year away is more palatable to the other team. I still say a turf team like Minnesota or Detroit would do themselves well to make that deal.

patriots look great this preseason, without branch... not worried about it at all.

You forgot the "I don't give a f#$k" option. I know that one would have at least one vote.

I predicted earlier this week that Branch will be on the field for the first Buffalo-prep practice. I imagine that day is Tuesday. I still think that will be the case.

There wont be a trade.
He wont be cut.
The alternatives are for him to show up, play and work on the extension, or to stay home and begin the ruiniation of his career. (There is just no upside to holding out for him, but that doesn't mean he wont do something stupid)

I say he shows up and does his job while his agent works on getting the extension in place, or failing that he plays the season out and becomes a FA.

AndyJohnson said:
failing that he plays the season out and becomes a FA.
i disagree. i think if he makes the team, he is a certain franchise tag. he and his agent also think so, or they would not have made their previous offer.

Last edited:
I voted 'signs a new contract' but more and more I'm thinking Sept. 1 might just be a totally arbitrary date in this fiasco. I wonder if it is possible that he gets a bump, like RS, and reports to play. This way we get him and he can claim some sort of victory. Bottom line is we can win without him but we simply are measurably more potent with him. And each bit of added potency is a beautiful thing. Put another way, every deep slant Branch runs across the middle, beacuse he is respected by the defense, is that much more clearing he will help open up in the middle for our stable of TE's. The domino effect is that the running game then encounters less cheating by the safties. Anyone want to argue that is not a good thing?

I agree it is a totally arbitrary date in that the deadline is being set by the Patriots, not by some external factor such as the CBA or league rules. However I do believe that before BB/SP decided on this move they had in mind what they would do if the deadline came and went with no action - and I believe we will know very soon what it is. Tomorrow is the cutdown date, is it not? I voted "nothing" for today, but I think there is a good chance we'll know something by tomorrow.

And as 46.93% of the posters expected, the winner is... NOTHING! All 19 of you who voted "nothing", pat yourselves on the back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes