PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB watch

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Did the win last night move the needle either for your opinion on whether BB should stick around or what will actually happen?

It didn’t move the needle for me that much, I still think it’s time for a change, Gotta admit though they’re playing hard with nothing to play for.

Don’t know about Kraft. Black Monday is 3 weeks today… should be interesting

I'm torn on the whole BB thing. In many ways the Pats without BB is unthinkable. This off season is huge for the Pats and BB (if he's around).

BB remains a great coach, just no longer a good roster builder. The effort displayed last night for a 3-11 team in a hostile environment was impressive.

Did the win last night move the needle either for your opinion on whether BB should stick around or what will actually happen?
Last night affirmed my feelings about Bill Belichick

That his teams play hard, even in the midst of an 11 loss season

Mistake letting him go

Get him help in the personnel department, but keep him here.

Last edited:
I think we are 2 studs away from competing and if we can get 1 in draft and 1 in free agency we should be golden.

If we win against bills , there is no way bill is leaving . He would be smelling blood in 2024 season.

The amount of injuries this year was ludicrous. There is no one else I want to coach this team, if they want another GM… go get him. But above all .. I honestly believe he built and coached a lot it mentally tough teams over the years.

Hasn't swayed me a bit.

Yes, the team plays hard for him still but.....

Special teams has been erratic for 3 years. It's not all on Archord.

BB should no longer be in charge of building the roster - especially with ~$90m to spend.

BB has lost his fastball as a tactical, game -day HC. Clock mgt. Decisions, etc.

He has never been an innovative offensive mind and that is what is required now.

He’s probably still better than whatever wed replace him with. The job this defense has done despite all the injuries is very impressive. No judon and the cbs currently are jon jones, myles Bryant, shaun wade, and i cant even remember the other guys name.

Our special teams are still underperforming though and hes held onto achord way too long. It’s continuing to cost us games and who knows when he’ll finally pull that plug. And some really questionable decisions with in game management recently when in his prime he was second to none imo. Team commits way too many costly penalties.

I would move on simply for the fact that we’ll get a head start on evaluating the next guy. Either way bb wont be our coach a few years from now so better now than later.

He has never been an innovative offensive mind and that is what is required now.
This s my issue. Is it possible that the GOAT can simply be falling behind current NFL trends? Still the GOAT but perhaps even GOATs have a window of GOATness.

BB remains a great coach, just no longer a good roster builder. The effort displayed last night for a 3-11 team in a hostile environment was impressive.
The defensive roster is pretty solid… I think the offensive roster is not as bad as it looked earlier in the year. The WRs and TEs were better than they seemed. The OL would’ve probably been good if one of their FA signings panned out but unfortunately nothing worked out. Even then, moving Onwenu over and putting in rookie Sow at RG seemed to get them back to being decent, until Strange got hurt again and Brown is falling apart. Obviously they’ve dealt with injuries at WR and now TE too. Then there’s QB which made it all look 3x worse than it was… Zappe coming in has helped a lot but he is working with these units very injured. I am curious how he would be doing with Bourne, Judon, Gonzo, Marcus Jones, Strange, Brown, Stevenson and Henry all healthy. Now picture all of the above plus adding a good LT and a number 1 WR?

the question is, what does Kraft think?

and if Bill goes out on a winning streak with zappe then he isn't firing Bill. they will sell to the fanbase it was the injuries and not moving to zappe sooner.

The defensive roster is pretty solid… I think the offensive roster is not as bad as it looked earlier in the year. The WRs and TEs were better than they seemed. The OL would’ve probably been good if one of their FA signings panned out but unfortunately nothing worked out. Even then, moving Onwenu over and putting in rookie Sow at RG seemed to get them back to being decent, until Strange got hurt again and Brown is falling apart. Obviously they’ve dealt with injuries at WR and now TE too. Then there’s QB which made it all look 3x worse than it was… Zappe coming in has helped a lot but he is working with these units very injured. I am curious how he would be doing with Bourne, Judon, Gonzo, Marcus Jones, Strange, Brown, Stevenson and Henry all healthy. Now picture all of the above plus adding a good LT and a number 1 WR?
That’s what I was gonna say !! :)

If they pull off an unlikely win next week vs. a superior Prairie Cows team that has everything to play for, then follow that up by beating the Jete, I'd say BB is back in '24 if he wants to be.

We've had an average offense the last few games, and this team has turned out to be what many thought it would be before the season...beating the likes of the 7-8 win Steelers/Broncos and losing to stronger teams like the Chiefs. You can definitely chalk it up to personnel decisions and the QB position.

BB as coach looks better and better. BB as GM, maybe not so much. Has moved the needle when it comes to my thoughts of him continuing as coach. I said I had no idea for a couple weeks, but I feel better about it now.

last night was a very impressive win. even if Denver's offense blows, the Patriots went into a hostile environment and beat a team with everything to play for. and I even felt myself wondering, gee, if they just did this, this and this, and Bill stops doing this, this and this.... maybe they could build something again. and I am the biggest Bill critic of all time.
but then I just can't stop thinking of all the wasted draft picks, awful FA on offense, the super conservative offense, the zero accountability, the nepotism, the refusal to go outside his "circle" for assistants...

The other question is will BB agree to coach under a new GM and will that GM want Bill as his coach. I’m not sure about either.

It's tough. This was a "barely scrape it out" win against a very inept team. It's not like the Pats are turning a corner.
My fear is with a few late wins, all the emotion will cause Kraft to keep BB and hope for another resurgence.

But, if we're going to face a total reboot in a year or two when BB does finally go, why not now? With a top 5 draft pick, and a lot of chaff to burn away - lets start fresh. Especially with a new QB. It would suck to get a new 1st round QB for 1 or 2 years of a BB-system, then fall into the same Mac-stakes of instability and turnover that leave us wallowing in mediocrity any longer.

Hasn't swayed me a bit.

Yes, the team plays hard for him still but.....

Special teams has been erratic for 3 years. It's not all on Archord.

BB should no longer be in charge of building the roster - especially with ~$90m to spend.

BB has lost his fastball as a tactical, game -day HC. Clock mgt. Decisions, etc.

I don’t know about the bolded part. He handled that just fine at the end, forcing Payton to spend his timeouts before letting Zappe throw it and ultimately put them in position to kick the game winner while not giving Wilson any real time to work with.

I hear you on the special teams thing, albeit no Slater last night, which ended up being noticeable.

I’m not sure Belichick is done here. I don’t think Robert wants to part ways right yet. I don’t think they feel ready to jump to Mayo yet either.

If the Pats win out it would give Robert the excuse he needs to kick the can a little further down the road.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back