PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Landry Jones expected to start for Steelers (Roethlisberger: torn meniscus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not taking any team for granted in the NFL. We lost to the Bills at home. We can easily lose to Pitt at their house

Rehabilitation time for a meniscus repair is about 3 months. A meniscectomy requires less time for healing — approximately 3 to 4 weeks. Meniscus tears are extremely common knee injuries. With proper diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation, patients often return to their pre-injury abilities.

So we have no idea but he is out at least 3 weeks. Maybe 3 months.

I'd be willing to bet he'll get it shaved and be back after the Steelers' week 8 bye.

As much as the timing sucks for the Steelers in that he's out against their top competition in the AFC, it's good timing for them in that they have their bye coming right up.

I hate to not beat a team at full strength. On the other hand I hate Ben and think he should not be in the NFL and do wish him injury. This is a case of the 2nd feeling out weighing the first.

I don't know about that. Bad karma? I seen too many injuries with our guys.

Big game regardless if we want home field advantage and that #1 seed

I would like to play the Steelers at full strength as a way to gauge how good we are, but when it comes down to it would rather just beat them for the edge in home field advantage.

Yeah, pretty much where I stand as well. I just want the win, and while after the fact I'd like to know the win was against a full-strength team, going into it I'd rather just have the easier path to victory. don't particularly care if they're at full strength or not when measured against that.

I don't know about that. Bad karma? I seen too many injuries with our guys.

I don't usually root for injuries but Ben sexually assaulted at least 1 woman so in his case i do. I don't root for injuries for players unless they are scum bags or go out of their way to try to hurt other players.

Yeah thats a win next week. I thought we were going to beat the steelers at full strength.. we always beat the Steelers.

I am not taking any team for granted in the NFL. We lost to the Bills at home. We can easily lose to Pitt at their house

Really? Jacoby Brisset.. No offense but I doubt he will make it in the NFL. I expected the Bills to win that game.

I might be in the minority here but I don't think this is such a big break for the Pats. We've typically struggled against QBs that we don't have much tape on and they still have tons of weapons on offense. I don't think it'll be easy.

Also, I'd much rather beat them at full strength. We'll more than likely have to play them in the playoffs and I would like to see how we stack against them at full strength. Big Ben is one tough SOB for coming back into the game and playing on a torn meniscus.

Can't wait to see this game live next weekend!

He did start two games last year and played in 5 other. I don't think it easy, but at least there is some tape on the guy.

Rehabilitation time for a meniscus repair is about 3 months. A meniscectomy requires less time for healing — approximately 3 to 4 weeks. Meniscus tears are extremely common knee injuries. With proper diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation, patients often return to their pre-injury abilities.

So we have no idea but he is out at least 3 weeks. Maybe 3 months.

I know people who have returned to CrossFit from meniscus surgery in 1-2 weeks. Not sure if their doctors knew or would approve, but they did.

It definitely helps us.

But it would've been nice to see how the defense performed against a top 3 explosive offense.

I dont understand it, with the amount Rapist gets hurt shouldn't the Steelers have a better backup than Landry Jones?

So true.

This is why Bill is always one step ahead. While people complain we use high picks on QBs, we actually have competent backups.

The Steelers on the other hand can't seem to learn from past mistakes, especially when their franchise QB goes down with an injury or two, year in and year out.

I am so unlucky. Bought four tickets for this game 6 months ago, have everything planned out with my friends. Now instead of getting a competitive game between the two top QBs, I have to watch a slaughterfest and a steelers nation full of excuses.

What a buzz kill

That sucks, this was supposed to be the best matchup of the early season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes