PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lakers/Celtics in trade talks with Pels for Anthony Davis

AD to Lakers
Kawhi-et Leonard to Clippers
Kyrie to BK
KD to Knicks OR gets Max from GS

He doesn't care, nor should he. No matter where he is this year, it's one year than then free agency.
IIRC if he resigns with a team, in this case the team that trades for him he can earn more in terms of a max contract... Bird rights????
It incentivizes him going to the team that he wants to play for when he is a FA...

For the people who don’t want AD, what would you do in his place? Genuinely curious. Boston isn’t exactly a marquee spot for superstars. At least when it comes to the prima donnas in the NBA.

For the people who don’t want AD, what would you do in his place? Genuinely curious. Boston isn’t exactly a marquee spot for superstars. At least when it comes to the prima donnas in the NBA.
Because of social media, where you play is overrated. If this wasn’t the case, all these free agents would have signed with the Lakers already.

Anthony Davis just wants to play with LeBron James.

what would you do when AD bolts in one year?

what would you do when AD bolts in one year?

There’s no guarantee that he will. I don’t care what his agent says.

Paul George was a “lock” to bolt to the lakers too. People can change their minds.

There’s no guarantee that he will. I don’t care what his agent says.

Paul George was a “lock” to bolt to the lakers too. People can change their minds.
what would you do if he does?

Blow it up & rebuild through the draft + FA. You never answered my question earlier btw.
move forward with the kids. and explore other trades and free agents in the future. AD isn't Paul George. they are two different people. ainge will figure it out.

With Kyrie out of the way, I think it will be a much more focused team going forward. Hayward will have had the extra year after his injury. I'd expect to see the team that came within an eyelash of the finals last year only better.

move forward with the kids. and explore other trades and free agents in the future. AD isn't Paul George. they are two different people. ainge will figure it out.

Yup. It is refreshing to see people say this. I fought to no avail
The Memphis pick isn't likely to be worth much. And the only pick the Cs have that would even remotely interest anyone is 14. And 4 is a LOT more interesting than 14.

That Memphis pick may very well be a golden ticket. Keep it and use it to build for the future.

Celtics trading for him would be odd, for sure. And a gamble.
im just afraid that when Danny is focused on something, he sees it through. he has been wanting AD for a long time. It will set this team back a while if he trades for AD and then AD walks the following year. We would be right back to square one before we had all these draft picks

No they don’t. Pre blood clot, Ingram is better than Tatum and has more upside. Looks like he’ll be okay after the operation. Kuzma is also better than Tatum and has more upside. They have the 4th pick.

And most importantly because AD wants to go to LA.
i think Tatum was limited under Kyries offense/leadership. Ill give Tatum another year without Kyrie to see where he is in development.

im just afraid that when Danny is focused on something, he sees it through. he has been wanting AD for a long time. It will set this team back a while if he trades for AD and then AD walks the following year. We would be right back to square one before we had all these draft picks
Agree. The way he swung the KG deal was via a sign n trade (I think...or maybe they did the deal shortly after he was traded)

trade for clint capela.......and keep the ball in the hands of the wings

Kyrie is already signed in Brooklyn in all but name and AD has done everything short of renting out the Goodyear blimp to fly over NE announcing "I WILL NOT RESIGN WITH BOSTON!" but by all mean, let's give them everything we've got. Seems legit.

Do you think trading for Kawhi was worth it? Because he might not re sign with Toronto and they will have given a franchise legend away for him.

This isn’t the NFL. You are quite literally in the business of collecting talent here. One year of AD is worth more than 10 of Tatum/Brown

Blow it up & rebuild through the draft + FA. You never answered my question earlier btw.
Which is what you should do if you lose Kyrie and don’t get AD

With Kyrie out of the way, I think it will be a much more focused team going forward. Hayward will have had the extra year after his injury. I'd expect to see the team that came within an eyelash of the finals last year only better.

That team couldn’t get past a team that got jobbed out to the Warriors.

We over achieved in a weak conference that got substantially better.

Last year this a lot of people on this board were saying based off our performance we were golden because Kyrie and Hayward would put us over the top. To double down I got in arguments with people here who said we shouldn’t try to trade for Kawhi because we were all set and we were all but guaranteed a Finals appearance. I remember those discussions where everyone was so sure that last year meant something.

The team that got Kawhi got the superstar they needed that pushed them over the top. We underperformed. We are not better than Toronto with Kawhi. We probably aren’t as bad as this year showed, but we certainly weren’t as good as last year. We are somewhere in the middle which isn’t championship quality.

This is a Star driven league. You need to get stars or you don’t win. The last NBA champions in order featured Kawhi, Durant/Curry, Durant/Curry, Lebron, Curry, a Super Star stacked Spurs team, Lebron, Lebron, Dirk, Kobe, Kobe, Garnett/Pierce/Allen, stacked Spurs team with all time great players, Dwayne Wade, etc..

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Back