PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lakers/Celtics in trade talks with Pels for Anthony Davis

The more the agent talks and discounts teams like Boston, he drives down demand. If the only two suitors are NYK and Lakers, all it takes is for one of them to drop out and the other can lower the offering price..... NO can demand more but won't get it and the net result may be one more yearof him in New Orleans instead of LA or NY.....
tl:dr agent may drive down value for DAvis by cutting out teams...

For the love of God, no.

Also, Anthony Davis is genuinely physically repulsive to look at.

Go over to the Cs forum and they want to trade the whole team for 1 year of AD.

Lol.

Trader Danny is going to send Tatum and Brown packing and hope to convince Davis over the course of the season to stick around. You have to take the gamble on a top 10 player.

Uh yeah...no. No you don’t. That is a great way to end up in the lottery for years and undo everything from the Nets trade.

The more the agent talks and discounts teams like Boston, he drives down demand. If the only two suitors are NYK and Lakers, all it takes is for one of them to drop out and the other can lower the offering price..... NO can demand more but won't get it and the net result may be one more yearof him in New Orleans instead of LA or NY.....

But Davis will be playing for the same money, regardless.

Whatever we do, I want a likeable team with good vibes to root for. Last year was hard to root for the team. Made me miss the team we had when Kyrie/Hayward were out or the teams with IT. Might not win a championship, but I'd like to root hard for our guys.

Uh yeah...no. No you don’t. That is a great way to end up in the lottery for years and undo everything from the Nets trade.

They aren’t winning anything anyways with Tatum and Brown. Playoff team, yes, but not championship caliber. It’s a superstar league. The raptors would be golfing if they didn’t take a risk on Kawhi.

They aren’t winning anything anyways with Tatum and Brown. Playoff team, yes, but not championship caliber. It’s a superstar league. The raptors would be golfing if they didn’t take a risk on Kawhi.

They traded DeRozan for Leonard. Far cry from what NO is wanting from either LA or Boston.

The Lakers should offer everything for AD for the very simple reason that they alone can sign him for five years. AD has made it plain through his agent that he would play out the last year of his contract for any team other than LA or NY Knicks, but he would be a FREE AGENT next summer, and go exactly where he wants, which would be to the mega cities of LA or NY.

Brandon Ingram is not better than Jayson Tatum nor does he have more upside. Kyle Kuzma is not better than Jayson Tatum nor does he have more upside. The Lakers have pick 4, the Celtics have three first rounders and Memphis' pick to convey.
The Memphis pick isn't likely to be worth much. And the only pick the Cs have that would even remotely interest anyone is 14. And 4 is a LOT more interesting than 14.

He doesn't care, nor should he. No matter where he is this year, it's one year than then free agency.

Whatever we do, I want a likeable team with good vibes to root for. Last year was hard to root for the team. Made me miss the team we had when Kyrie/Hayward were out or the teams with IT. Might not win a championship, but I'd like to root hard for our guys.
Winning with style and grit makes a team likeable.

The Memphis pick isn't likely to be worth much. And the only pick the Cs have that would even remotely interest anyone is 14. And 4 is a LOT more interesting than 14.
You're expecting Memphis to be anything but a lottery team next season? Once Conley is traded, they're in for a long rebuild.

Will disfunctional LA and their cluster fuk owner/management/ yoga besties have enough discipline to not overpay for AD now ... resulting in another throwaway year with Bron Bron on their roster?
Doubtful.
NO has options: trade to another team, keep, keep up until the next trade deadline then ship off to a desperate contender.
Remember NO ownership hates LA and just might make a lesser deal to spite LA.

When did we get confirmation that Boston still was actively trying to deal for AD? Literally seconds after AD’s agent told the world AD has zero interest in Staying long term in Boston. Boston’s name is being used to keep the price high for LA and I can almost guarantee Ainge is OK with NO floating Boston’s “interest” publically. This is war and if you can’t best your enemy, at least inflict as much damage on them as possible. LA will always be the enemy and I suspect few front offices want the Bron Bron team building tactics to succeed.
Sucks for Boston
Happy I won’t have to root for the Flat Earther or the Big Simpleton who wants to be Bron Bron’s Sidekick.

PS.... no way Boston ownership will allow Ainge to go all in for 1 year of AD

Winning with style and grit makes a team likeable.

It is possible to have: Like-ability = Wins...

However, I don't want to win with a team of hired prima donna merchants.....just no fun to root for. I want players who dive for loose balls, take pride in their defense, be all about the T-E-A-M, etc.... Give me 5 Marcus Smarts over 5 Kyries......

You're expecting Memphis to be anything but a lottery team next season? Once Conley is traded, they're in for a long rebuild.
It's top six protected. Either it won't convey next year, or it won't be that great. They're going to pick up a really good player with #2 this year. Who knows what they'll be in 21.

It is possible to have: Like-ability = Wins...

However, I don't want to win with a team of hired prima donna merchants.....just no fun to root for. I want players who dive for loose balls, take pride in their defense, be all about the T-E-A-M, etc.... Give me 5 Marcus Smarts over 5 Kyries......
just give me players who want to play in boston.

It looks like their offer will be Ingram, Ball and the 4th pick
You mean the Ingram that has a possible career ending injury? That Ingram?

Here's the reality, the NBA isn't the NFL. You need superstars to win. That's just the way it is. Dynasty's can be created in one or two off seasons. The longterm multi draft build doesn't exist.

Tatum and Brown can both be All Stars and that won't win a title and it's playing the odds to think one or both becomes superstars. Davis is a superstar whether you want the trade or not.

At this point if you don't keep Kyrie and or get AD you are waiting around for a savior. **** I'd rather be in draft hell and have the chance to get a star there.

Here's the reality, the NBA isn't the NFL. You need superstars to win. That's just the way it is. Dynasty's can be created in one or two off seasons. The longterm multi draft build doesn't exist.

Tatum and Brown can both be All Stars and that won't win a title and it's playing the odds to think one or both becomes superstars. Davis is a superstar whether you want the trade or not.

At this point if you don't keep Kyrie and or get AD you are waiting around for a savior. **** I'd rather be in draft hell and have the chance to get a star there.

Kyrie is already signed in Brooklyn in all but name and AD has done everything short of renting out the Goodyear blimp to fly over NE announcing "I WILL NOT RESIGN WITH BOSTON!" but by all mean, let's give them everything we've got. Seems legit.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back