PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lakers/Celtics in trade talks with Pels for Anthony Davis

This article makes no sense to me. Supposedly Boston is going to give up the farm for Davis for a one year rental to help keep Kyrie. However, everything I've heard is that Kyrie has worn out his welcome in Boston anyway. Why would they pursue Davis for a one year rental?

Everything I've heard indicates the Lakers really have no "plan B" to getting Davis, so they will do what is needed. I think Ainge is pursuing Davis primarily to screw with the Lakers and drive up the Pelican's asking price. It actually seems like a smart move.

.....and, by Boston showing strong interest now, maybe Davis will keep Boston in mind when he actually hits free agency next year. I know Davis's agent Rich Paul claims that he would re-sign with the Lakers, but that may be wishful thinking, we'll see after a year in that LA circus atmosphere with all of the drama generated by Lebron and Rich Paul if LA still looks like such a great long term place to play.

Why is him being gone after one year wherever he lands an assumption?

I meant New Orleans knows he’s not resigning with them after next season. They have to get rid of him now to get anything of value.

Lakers have more ammo. I'd be shocked if he ends up in Boston.

Not sure I would call their ammo better than the C’s as far as talent, however good contracts are equalled in too, so maybe they do in that regard.

I’d be shocked too, Davis has been foaming at the mouth to get to L.A for a couple of years now. Regardless of who he is playing with. If I were to guess, it would be 90-10 LA, only by what every talking head, unnamed source that I’ve listened too has put out there.

Lakers have more ammo. I'd be shocked if he ends up in Boston.
Rubbish. The Celtics have a better collection of picks and better young players. The point is, trading for AD doesn't seem prudent because he won't commit to Boston long-term, it'll gut the team, and frankly, he's not a winner.

Celtics trading for him would be odd, for sure. And a gamble.

Why do you think the Lakers have more ammo?

Rubbish. The Celtics have a better collection of picks and better young players.
No they don’t. Pre blood clot, Ingram is better than Tatum and has more upside. Looks like he’ll be okay after the operation. Kuzma is also better than Tatum and has more upside. They have the 4th pick.

And most importantly because AD wants to go to LA.

No they don’t. Pre blood clot, Ingram is better than Tatum and has more upside. Looks like he’ll be okay after the operation. Kuzma is also better than Tatum and has more upside. They have the 4th pick.

Brandon Ingram is not better than Jayson Tatum nor does he have more upside. Kyle Kuzma is not better than Jayson Tatum nor does he have more upside. The Lakers have pick 4, the Celtics have three first rounders and Memphis' pick to convey.

My goodness.

Not on this planet.

Brandon Ingram is not better than Jayson Tatum nor does he have more upside. Kyle Kuzma is not better than Jayson Tatum nor does he have more upside. The Lakers have pick 4, the Celtics have three first rounders and Memphis' pick to convey.
These posts are laughable.

It looks like their offer will be Ingram, Ball and the 4th pick
NO also wants Kuzma...If they can get him, Ball, Ingram, #4 and perhaps also Moritz Wagner & more picks, then NO will take it, and Danny would be a fool to try to top it.

AD is not going to the Celtics guys. Get over it.

NO also wants Kuzma...If they can get him, Ball, Ingram, #4 and perhaps also Moritz Wagner & more picks, then NO will take it, and Danny would be a fool to try to top it.
He’s not giving up Tatum for a potential one year rental. And they have nothing else that’s attractive.

It’s LA or bust.

These posts are laughable.
You post a Laker perspective on a Boston site and comment that the posts are laughable. WTF. Tatum is a cornerstone player while the player's from the Lakers are not. Furthermore, pre-blood clot....seriously?

You post a Laker perspective on a Boston site and comment that the posts are laughable. WTF. Tatum is a cornerstone player while the player's from the Lakers are not. Furthermore, pre-blood clot....seriously?
They are both better shooters/scorers than Tatum. Ingram was averaging 27 a game after the All-Star break until he was injured. Kuzma doesn’t play defense but Ingram can.

Cornerstone player is really a stretch for Tatum. He needs to score more than 15 points per game to be in that category.

Lakers can’t get their third star unless they trade for Davis. It won’t be as easy as signing AD in FA. Probably using the Knicks threat to warn off the Celtics as another possibly FA destination. Bet he ultimately ends up here.

Given your own post history, I assume you see the irony of you calling someone else's posts laughable.
Aww...that’s not nice.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back