PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft's Response

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not understand the anger towards Kraft, he made a strong statement decrying the report, but as an owner, he wants to move past this as quickly as possible and that means accepting the league's decision.

I do not understand what you people want him to do.

Kraft always wants to get along with people. On the whole, that works great for him. He helped settle the labor dispute. He's popular here despite trying to move the team out of town. He got amazingly high levels of favorable publicity for not hassling Putin over the stolen ring.

He's overdoing it in this case, however, despite his good start with the demand for an apology.

I do not understand the anger towards Kraft, he made a strong statement decrying the report, but as an owner, he wants to move past this as quickly as possible and that means accepting the league's decision.

I'm not angry; mainly, I agree with you. However, it would have been better if he'd been even stronger in condemning the report, or had said something "We'll accept our penalties, no matter how unjust."

Well, that's unless he and Brady are lying low, waiting to hit back after the penalties are announced. Frankly, even if there's a $25,000 fine for underinflated balls and nothing else, I'd like to see him appeal. But he'd never do that.

Dispute the report.
Shout from the rooftops that Tom Brady did nothing wrong.
State that the evidence in the report is tainted, speculative and just wrong, and announce publicly that he expects their will be no punishment as a result of this weak investigation, and will support Brady, Belichick or anyone else in their efforts to challenge any punishment up to and including in court.
That would be a good start.

If I were Brady and felt strongly about this being a with hunt, and having done nothing wrong, I would quit the team and force a trace by refusing to work for him any longer. Accepting any discipline from the NFL is tantamount to admitting guilt. I think if you aren't willing to stand up for your honor and reputation you aren't much of a person.

i wish Bob Kraft would not be such a cream puff. Tom Brady has probably increased the value of team by a billion dollars.

Brady & Brlichick are the best thing to happen to Kraft since he married Myra.

I am disgusted that he is sitting idle & accepting that hatchet job of a report that had more grey area's than 50 shades of grey.

I never thought I would say this, but I wish Kraft was a little more like Al Davis as far as standing up for himself & his team.

Strap on a pair Bob & stuck up for your Quarterback.

F&@$ Goodell & the NFL !

Its called playing chess / poker vs. Checkers. You never show your hand too early

He doesn't have to go nuts and declare war on the NFL but maybe just ask the question why is this worse than piping in noise, heating balls on the sideline, or sticky towels?

Answer: because he cares more about his 31 colleagues than his fans and that pisses me off.

He still might be the best owner in sports but doesn't mean he isn't a shill.

Does a thread need to be started for every single thought? This has been covered many times and there is a Bob Kraft thread right above this one.

Part of it is unfortunately Kraft really can't do anything when it comes punishment as it is against the NFL's constitution for him or the team to appeal if the NFL comes down with punishment. However Brady can fight it and who's to say that while Kraft can't publicly do anything about it he could be helping Brady in another way? From my point of view Kraft has twice publicly defended his QB, once at the SuperBowl and then again in his statement but that's about all he has the power to do in this instance. I think Brady understands that and even mentioned Kraft's statement during his public appearance last night. Of course I would love for him to come out and say "FU Goddell you Jets scumbag" but that's just not practical and I'd prefer a much more measured approach to this than just shooting from the hip. Just my .02

i wish Bob Kraft would not be such a cream puff. Tom Brady has probably increased the value of team by a billion dollars.

Brady & Brlichick are the best thing to happen to Kraft since he married Myra.

I am disgusted that he is sitting idle & accepting that hatchet job of a report that had more grey area's than 50 shades of grey.

I never thought I would say this, but I wish Kraft was a little more like Al Davis as far as standing up for himself & his team.

Strap on a pair Bob & stuck up for your Quarterback.

F&@$ Goodell & the NFL !
Completely agree. Kraft should have had his own team assembled to do a parallel investigation and have had a report ready to refute Wells' collection of biased innuendo. It is beyond shameful that Kraft has turtled on this and he ought to be booed off the field whenever he makes an appearance. I'm absolutely disgusted that the Krafts have let Goodell and Wells character assassinate Brady without so much as a peep.

If I were Brady and felt strongly about this being a with hunt, and having done nothing wrong, I would quit the team and force a trace by refusing to work for him any longer. Accepting any discipline from the NFL is tantamount to admitting guilt. I think if you aren't willing to stand up for your honor and reputation you aren't much of a person.

I'd prefer that he retire rather than play for a team that may have been involved in the witch hunt.

He doesn't have to go nuts and declare war on the NFL but maybe just ask the question why is this worse than piping in noise, heating balls on the sideline, or sticky towels?

Answer: because he cares more about his 31 colleagues than his fans and that pisses me off.

He still might be the best owner in sports but doesn't mean he isn't a shill.

Or maybe he could comment after the Tampergate ruling something to the effect.

"The extremely lax punishment that the Commissioner imposed on the Jets, the team who gave him his first job in the NFL, for a clear case of tampering that cost us a future Hall-Of-Fame player, is baffling when compared to precedent that he himself had set on less clear instances of tampering.

We strongly disagree with the league's determination here, but will accept the ruling."

most of you have little concept of strategy

the most basic of factors is the fact that nothing has happened yet........in this instance, it is best to say little or nothing or to say nothing that is definitive.

The onus here is on Goodell to make a definitive move now. and believe me, he must have great concern about the the potential repercussions if someone like Brady puts up a fight. Fir what it is, at this point, what Goodell needs most is to have this end with a minimum of overall damage. There can be no guillotine for ball tampering by a player who is one of the sports biggest stars and who has an otherwise spotless record. killing a cash cow angel is bad for business though I think goodell is egomaniacal enough to proceed with it.

There is no point in firing verbal volleys until the punishment is handed down.........Goodell's goal needs to be what he thinks is the maximum punishment he can hand down without causing a fight (I think the organizations involved would move on if it was a $25K fine and that's it)

Otherwise, there will come the process that will tear the report apart page by page, wells limb from limb, then goodell, the colts, kensil........Brady would be in a perfect situation to have lawyers literally do a 'shermans march to the sea' with all these characters and really making them wish they never got involved........there is THAT much stupidity linked to this whole thing

I'd prefer that he retire rather than play for a team that may have been involved in the witch hunt.

I could see him pretty comfortably going to the Texans, maybe. I'd think he could be pretty confident that Bill O'Brien had no role in any of this BS.

Does a thread need to be started for every single thought? This has been covered many times and there is a Bob Kraft thread right above this one.

Just like it was the case with Ivan, it's the case with you. You weren't here during Spygate. The answer to the bolded question is yes. And yes, one will be started for every single thought as well.

most of you have little concept of strategy

the most basic of factors is the fact that nothing has happened yet........in this instance, it is best to say little or nothing or to say nothing that is definitive.

The onus here is on Goodell to make a definitive move now. and believe me, he must have great concern about the the potential repercussions if someone like Brady puts up a fight. Fir what it is, at this point, what Goodell needs most is to have this end with a minimum of overall damage. There can be no guillotine for ball tampering by a player who is one of the sports biggest stars and who has an otherwise spotless record. killing a cash cow angel is bad for business though I think goodell is egomaniacal enough to proceed with it.

There is no point in firing verbal volleys until the punishment is handed down.........Goodell's goal needs to be what he thinks is the maximum punishment he can hand down without causing a fight (I think the organizations involved would move on if it was a $25K fine and that's it)

Otherwise, there will come the process that will tear the report apart page by page, wells limb from limb, then goodell, the colts, kensil........Brady would be in a perfect situation to have lawyers literally do a 'shermans march to the sea' with all these characters and really making them wish they never got involved........there is THAT much stupidity linked to this whole thing
your whole point is moot because Kraft revealed his strategy is to take it up the a$% like a punk b#$%&.

If he changes his strategy I will change my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back