PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft to Advise President Trump on Opening Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
BREAKING NEWS
Orchids of Asia to be allowed to re-open May 1st

Kraft is actually one of the few billionaires I'd trust to handle a thing like this well

raw

Cuban, Jones, Kraft and the commishes from all the major leagues... and Dana White and Vince ****ing McMahon!

A neat little billionaire club will decide if people in the US should risk their life so their precious businesses do not lose too much money.
Yes, anyone rich enough to own an NFL team or NBA team is going to be a billionaire. The Commissioners of those sports, while certainly wealthy, are not even remotely in that club.

They should have involved union leadership on the advisory panel, but they would just be representing more millionaires. So how exactly do you propose discussing the return of sports without involving phenomenally wealthy people?

Never trust a politician:eek:

I don't expect any large gatherings until there is excellent treatment or we have a vaccine in a yer or more.

That being said, there are many options for sports. All involve playing without audiences.

I don't see any problem with players and staff keeping a 6 foot distance in such sports as tennis, bowling and golf. All should be tested on a regular basis, not a huge cost for professional teams. Obviously, this SHOULD NOT happen until essential workers are tested.

It is team sports that are much more at issue: football, baseball, hockey, basketball and soccer. For them, there are direct interactions between the professionals. Here, I would think that regular testing should be required, probably every time anyone enters a facility. It will be at least a couple of months until we have sufficient testing for this.

A side issue is that some states might not cooperate. The federal government cannot mandate that a state allow a football game. Michigan is an example where the state might not cooperate. There has been discussions of not necessarily using all facilities, and having several teams compete at one site.

News that Germany has extended its ban on mass gatherings to at least August 31st.....and they have been on top of this virus since day 1

billionaires and their billionaire friends.
Hopefully they will listen to Dr Fauci during this planning period.
they wont listen to Fauci. Hell, Frump might fire Kraft before its all over.

The NFL season will happen.

The players pay a "Jock Tax" in some states that they play in. The NFL may have to move games in the states refusing to open.

I have no idea what will happen, when it will happen, how it can happen, if it should happen or even could it happen...all I know is I DIDN'T sleep at a Holiday Inn last night...so, there's at least one good sign...

Yes, anyone rich enough to own an NFL team or NBA team is going to be a billionaire. The Commissioners of those sports, while certainly wealthy, are not even remotely in that club.

They should have involved union leadership on the advisory panel, but they would just be representing more millionaires. So how exactly do you propose discussing the return of sports without involving phenomenally wealthy people?

It is not just the return of sports. It is restarting the economy.

So yes, labor people and that includes NFLPA and other sports PAs, IMO.

Having the bosses and not the employees at the table is what bothers me and I should have worded it as such.

Because his history is as one of the few billionaires with an actual intact conscience? I may not agree with everything he's done over a very, VERY long career as an owner, but he clearly gives a damn and has made an effort to do the decent thing in the past.

That may actually have been what caused him to make his mistake in the Deflategate situation. Dude just seems like one of the nicer super powerful mega rich dudes on the planet and got browbeaten into being nice instead of being strong.

The Browbeaten Billionaire....sounds like a science fiction spectacular destined for Netflix

News that Germany has extended its ban on mass gatherings to at least August 31st.....and they have been on top of this virus since day 1
Warm, hoppy beer kills the virus...

Wonder if the Kraft Toadies will come in and laud the owner for this...or do they choose the side that now Kraft is evil bc of his attempts to work w POTUS for the good of the entire country....a dilemma for some in here...

I was in the car this morning and reluctantly tuned in to sports talk radio. They were crapping on Vince McMahon for being a part of the panel. I quickly turned it off.

As for the dilemma for Pats fans with Kraft, that's been around for a long time. Belichick and Brady added to that problem.

Kraft is no dummy. I'd go to him for advice too, at least with financial matters.

There should be no mass gatherings until this thing is figured out. I see NO EVIDENCE that we are making ANY progress in that regard. Kraft should keep to his day job.

I don't think that the panel is including fans in their discussions. They know that there are more millions than ever before sitting in front of the boob tube to watch.

Once again the NYFL makes out like bandits. Of all the sports they've been the least affected in their pockets. They could possibly start a season on time. The rest are gone but not forgotten.

Fox advises farmer on who to let into the chicken coop. News at 11.

Regards,
Chris

Cuban, Jones, Kraft and the commishes from all the major leagues... and Dana White and Vince ****ing McMahon!

A neat little billionaire club will decide if people in the US should risk their life so their precious businesses do not lose too much money.

That's so frustrating.

Good luck my American friends, your leadership has failed you during this crisis.

This American thanks his lucky stars (and stripes) every day because I realize, now more than ever, what a great country I live in.

Fortunately, our leadership has taken the advice of the doctors and not the politicians. We're weathering the storm.

The Browbeaten Billionaire....sounds like a science fiction spectacular destined for Netflix

Who plays his part in the movie? Is Wilford Brimley still kicking?

Good. Hopefully the country stops having quivering vaginas over this and they allow people to actually attend games. I'm looking forward to possibly attending the home opener.
On brand.

Regards,
Chris

Trump doesn’t have the authority to “ open” any state or city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back