PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft Orchids Case - Prosecuters Want a Tug Rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lived in Florida 9 years and that state is so ass backwards. Hee-haw kangaroo courts down there. Only in that stupid place would they think that makes any sense. “If you admit you would be guilty then we won’t charge you” unbelievable.

No, there’s really not. It’s basically the same “possibility” that someone would get for having a joint in their pocket. Kraft is a first time offender for a crime that won’t even be on his record once he completes his community service. There’s a decent chance that he doesn’t even receive probation, let alone actual jail time. That would be absurd.

The sentencing guidelines and score that the judge would use wouldn’t even have jail time as a possibility.

Like I said, if the judge decides to be a prick there could be jail time. It’s a possibility, maybe not a great one, but a possibility nonetheless. Guidelines are just that - guidelines.

If the judge decides to be a prick, he could impose jail time.

And he would cost the state a million in appeal costs. Do you think FL doesn't have an income tax so that judges can spend a million dollars in appeals for a misdemeanor?

Unless they send everybody who does not have a criminal record to jail for a misdemeanor. Believe me as a voter I would be up in arms if a judge spent money in appeals on a misdemeanor so he could get his name in the paper.

And he would cost the state a million in appeal costs. Do you think FL doesn't have an income tax so that judges can spend a million dollars in appeals for a misdemeanor?

Unless they send everybody who does not have a criminal record to jail for a misdemeanor. Believe me as a voter I would be up in arms if a judge spent money in appeals on a misdemeanor so he could get his name in the paper.

First, it’s not going to cost the state millions to go to trial. Second, who says there will be an appeal?

Its a bit different tho, because Brady was innocent and Kraft is guilty

Not really. Brady said he didnt do it and there was a plausible explanation (IGL). Kraft says he didnt do it and (presumably) has a plausible explanation (consentual sex, payment was for 'regular' message, whatever). It may not be that different at all - 'the authorities' want(ed) both men to accept punishment for a 'crime' they maintain they did not commit...

Lived in Florida 9 years and that state is so ass backwards. Hee-haw kangaroo courts down there. Only in that stupid place would they think that makes any sense. “If you admit you would be guilty then we won’t charge you” unbelievable.

No offense meant to you, but you're way off base on this.

How does Kraft go from categorically denying all those charges to taking a plea deal?

That’s hardly a Florida-only thing. It sure sounds like a pre-trial diversionary program very similar to what they offered Ray Rice (whose crime was quite a bit worse than Kraft’s).

How does Kraft go from categorically denying all those charges to taking a plea deal?
The answer to that question depends on what’s on the tape. :D

First, it’s not going to cost the state millions to go to trial. Second, who says there will be an appeal?
If Kraft goes to trial and gets sentenced to jail, you can bet your last dollar, it will be " all hands on deck" in appeals burying the State attorney in appeals and paperwork before he ever sees the inside of a jail cell....

Defendants who start off insisting that they are innocent end up taking plea deals all the time.

So when Kraft is done paying the legal bills here
do we divide by 2 to get the final cost of each handy?

So forum attorneys ... any guess on how much we're talking here ... asking for a friend.

If Kraft goes to trial and gets sentenced to jail, you can bet your last dollar, it will be " all hands on deck" in appeals burying the State attorney in appeals and paperwork before he ever sees the inside of a jail cell....

It really depends on what the evidence shows. If there is video plus audio evidence, it would be stupid for Kraft to appeal. It would be much cheaper for him to pay the mesley $500 fine than pay tens of thousands in attorney’s fees over what is a pointless appeal.

Imagine the ****ing nerve. If I'm Kraft I laugh at them in their faces and tell them to knuckle up. You're not getting off that easy, if you want a guilty conviction on me you're gonna have to work for it

Imagine the ****ing nerve. If I'm Kraft I laugh at them in their faces and tell them to knuckle up. You're not getting off that easy, if you want a guilty conviction on me you're gonna have to work for it
Yep ... No days off.

I'd trade Krafty Bob jail time for Receiver who can catch 70 passes next year and convert third downs

His attorney should drive a snow plow into court room.

No, they really wouldn't need any audio if they can establish money changed hands and a sex act was performed..

The defense will produce numerous people to testify that Mr. Kraft is a generous tipper. As generous to people who carry his bags to his hotel room or cut his hair as he was to those massage therapists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents