PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft Orchids Case - Prosecuters Want a Tug Rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you come with that?
h2xVtH6.gif

It seems to make sense. Irsay was fined 500k and suspended 6 games. Eddie Debartalo was fined 1m. Jerry Richardson was fined 2.75m.

My concern is that the league (read Goodell) will look to really up the penalty because of hate, spygate and deflategate.

So you are you looking to for guidance?

90% of the Catholic clergy?

Jimmy Swaggart?

The PTL guy?

There is a long history of exploitation of low-wage workers in this country (and around the world), sexual or otherwise.

You're making a distinction where none exists.

People sell themselves into menial labor tasks *all the time*. And sometimes these individuals work for employers (the pimps) who also exploit their employees and pay them next-to-nothing for incredibly strenuous labor. Oftentimes these employees continue to do this type of work because they have no other choice; they are desperate for income.

It's literally analogous. The only distinction is the type of work. It seems that non-sexual labor doesn't offend you, whereas sexual labor does, regardless of the societal/economic context in which said labor is occurring.
No it’s not at all analogous.
Not even close.

You can pick up your pitchfork and torch at the exit but please don't shut off the lights on your way out, it's gettin' dark enough in here as it is.

giphy.gif

edit: this post was a lot funnier before the quote about Giselle being a witch and Kraft being imprisoned was deleted

Last edited:
I agree up until that last part. I dont think it's fair to define a person by the worst thing they ever did.

I have to say that my attitude has been somewhat enlightened from cluelessness and indifference by reading about the likely possibility that the employees were being exploited. And I now think that Bobby K is definitely more clueless and stupid than I'd believed. Seems like a guy getting really old who thinks that dancing with hip hop stars and hobnobbing with Hollywierd makes him ever young & hip.
But you are correct that short of things like murdering a few guys (now who could that be?) it is really unfair to characterize most folks by the worst thing they did.
Pissed as I am over his bend over in Deflategate I moved on and look at his whole life. Saved the franchise for NE. Hired BB. Donates LOTS of money to good causes and sets the tone for players, etc. to do the same. So one heretofore unknown aspect of the guy is a dirty old man whose horniness led him to get satisfaction in a socially frowned upon manner that likely exploited the sex workers. Other than having fun at his expense, I hope to consider it as another character flaw like not standing up for your self-proclaimed buddies when the chips were down (Deflategate). Flaws that are just one part of the entire fabric of his life & accomplishments

https://htv-prod-media.s3.amazonaws.com/files/kraft-pc-affidavit-redacted-1551125662.pdf

That's the affidavit, in case you folks haven't read it yet. It states after his first session that he was positively identified on January 19th by officer Kimbark, who conducted a traffic stop, and identified Kraft, from his driver's license, in the passenger seat of his Bentley. Kraft then returned on the 20th and was identified again.

After the first traffic stop on the 19th, Bobby, why wouldn't you make the connection that they were on to you, when officer Kimbark asked for your license AS A FLIPPIN' PASSENGER!?!?!? Then he went back on the 20th!?!?! He should be fined by the league for being fekkin' dumb.

Last edited:
Perhaps every owner, employee and player who has gone to a massage parlor (and received more than a massage) should be leave their jobs or be fired. Is that is what is being suggested?

Otherwise, the situation is that Kraft will deal with the misdemeanor, and the league will fine him, or not. There amy even be a suspension for a few games (I guess that means that he couldn't sit in the ownership box).

If you honestly think getting caught with your trousers down and embarrassing the company you work for by means of sexual misconduct hasn't gotten people fired before I honestly don't know what to tell you. Quite frankly in the majority of organizations big enough to have a code of conduct at all, what you describe so sarcastically is exactly what the standing company policy is.

In fact if I recall right it's even a requirement under Federal law to at least pay lip service to the idea of sanctioning any employee who engages in this sort of behavior. If you want to blame the woman's lib movement for making a thing that's your perogative I suppose, but that doesn't stop it from being a thing.

And it's not like there isn't a VERY recent precedent of an NFL owner being informally ****canned over some very similar conduct.

And if you think for a single second this hasn't embarrassed the Patriots, then I do know what to tell you -- that you are either not being honest or not paying attention.

(Why do I get the sense that some of the people defending Kraft are actually projecting something onto Kraft that has to do with themselves?)

Last edited:
If you must search for Christian values in the NFL (good luck with that), why not try the Saints?

If you honestly think getting caught with your trousers down and embarrassing the company hasn't gotten people fired before I honestly don't know what to tell you.

And if you think for a single second this hasn't embarrassed the Patriots, then I do know what to tell you -- that you aren't being honest and need to take a more serious look at what this means.

(Why do I get the sense that some of the people defending Kraft are actually projecting something onto Kraft that has to do with themselves?)
Or maybe those vilifying Kraft as Attila the Hun are trying to soothe their own feelings of guilt and shame. See, it works both ways.

Gee thanks for merging..... Now I can't find the ONE thread I was following!

Or maybe those vilifying Kraft as Attila the Hun are trying to soothe their own feelings of guilt and shame. See, it works both ways.
No it doesn't. I'm proposing a simple psychological projection and you're trying to return with an idea that is so situational it's virtually twisted into a mental Mobius Strip. The two do not compare directly at all.

BTW who brought in Atilla the Hun? In my opinion what Kraft did is no worse than what, say, Jerry Richardson did. Just for an example. A very pertinent example. A very pertinent example that casts a long shadow over this exact situation.

694940094001_6006831362001_6006834416001-vs.jpg
peyton-manning-37880-1-402.jpg

All Kraft has to do is admit fault, say some things about dealing with demons and having an incredibly regretful lapse of judgement, and apologize with a donation to some charity and this basically all goes away within a week. But he’s not going to because at the end of the day he’s a rich sociopath and he’s going to end up dragging both his name and the reputation of the entire organization through the mud in a completely doomed attempt to salvage his reputation. And in effect he’ll destroy himself. And the fans which he professes to love will suffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes