PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Killing an Often Repeated Myth

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're taking assertion "a" and arguing it's wrong because of something that doesn't refute assertion "a". The argument isn't that their record is better, or worse, in the playoffs. The argument is that Brady struggles more against a specific defensive game plan, and set of personnel, than against others. Again, you know this. You're being dishonest with your posts, and you know that too.
OK, this has become moronic.
You made up a different argument that what I posted about, and now are telling me I am wrong to be posting about the argument I started the thread with.
No one is here to persecute you Deus. People seriously do not go around making up threads to back door criticize some point you argued about in the past by putting it between the lines.
My post said absolutely nothing about defensive game plan or personnel. It said that people have said the Patriots have a hard time with the kind of teams you face in the playoffs and I pointed out no, in fact they have a tremendous record against the teams you face in the playoffs.

If you wish to discuss something else, make a thread, and if I have a strong opinion about it I'll post.

You're talking out of your ass again.
Oh great we are going to resort to insults.

I've made my points. I've demonstrated your argument to be wrong. I'm done with you in this thread. Feel free to keep making yourself look like an idiot, if you choose.
You should be done, because you are only digging in a deeper and deeper hole of having an argument with yourself about something that I have not said.
I'm not sure how you can demonstrate my argument is wrong when you argue against an argument I am not making, but thanks for the insults any way.

Why?
I am saying Brady wins more against playoff and SB competition that anyone else has won against any type of competition.
Losing before you get to the SB doesn't mean you were better than the guy who got there and won.
Montana 16-7 in postseason, Brady 25-9

Personally, Even I think the sample size against the superbowl competition is too small to come to the conclusion that Brady is more successful against superbowl teams than others against regular season compeition, Is it factually true that his is winning percantage in those games is better yes. 7 games isnt even half of a season. Again, just saying the sample size is too small even though its the biggest one out there. Its just my opinion. Point being, If we compare Montanas and Bradhsaws winning percentage in the superbowl against Bradys regular season winning pertange, Obviously the former is higher. Too small of sample size to reach the conclusion that they were better against superbowl competition.Like I said before I think the conclusion that Brady is better against playoff teams than others against a regular season schedule is fair, thats two seasons worth of games

Personally, Even I think the sample size against the superbowl competition is too small to come to the conclusion that Brady is more successful against superbowl teams than others against regular season compeition, Is it factually true that his is winning percantage in those games is better yes. 7 games isnt even half of a season. Again, just saying the sample size is too small even though its the biggest one out there. Its just my opinion. Point being, If we compare Montanas and Bradhsaws winning percentage in the superbowl against Bradys regular season winning pertange, Obviously the former is higher. Too small of sample size to reach the conclusion that they were better against superbowl competition.Like I said before I think the conclusion that Brady is better against playoff teams than others against a regular season schedule is fair, thats two seasons worth of games
The SBs are part of the post season record. I guess the point of separating him is to show that he has continued to win at an incredible level at every level of competition.
I'm not sure I was trying to do a statistical analysis requiring sample sizes, but just pointing out what has actually happened on a football field.

I agree. Even in that scenario, Brady's comeback was everything. The debate would have continued if the patriots had come up short, and Brady had gone to 4-3.

If the Pats had lost the Brady narrative was going to be that he could tie Jim Kelly for the most SB losses. But he didn't. Ha ha.

Average per game point differentials for the regular season compared to Super Bowl:

Year Regular Season Super Bowl

2001 6.2 3
2003 6.9 3
2004 11.1 3
2007 19.7 (3)
2011 10.7 (4)
2014 9.7 4
2016 11.9 6

I will merely observe that in every Super Bowl played by the Belichick/Brady Patriots, the margin has been tighter than the average regular season score.

narratives are almost always wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick